Crossing

Rising Star

• "Crossing" is male
  • "Crossing" started this thread

Date of registration: 1. August 2015

Thursday, 17. November 2016, 18:57

[Suggestion] Titan Base Class Reworked

Good Evening!
I made a thread a while back with some general suggestions for re-balancing the combat in the game, but I didn't really elaborate on each individual class very much. In my opinion, every class should have their own unique boons and banes that sets them apart, and currently I don't really get that feeling when I look at it.

So the way this is going to go is that I will basically take apart every class, their set of skills and their stats, and then build them back up the way they would look in my ideal world.

Boons and Banes
Basically what I mean by this is that I suggest that each class gain a higher or lower increase in these particular stats than other classes as they level. And I want these increases to be noticeable, even at higher lvls. To accomodate for this, the boons and banes of each class will be counted by a %-based increase or lack of. The base classes will have both the boons of their respective promotions but will drop one of them upon choosing their job to focus more on the other.

Titan (Base Class)
Boon(s): Health, Physical Attack
Bane(s): Physical Hit Rate

Active Skills
Power Magnum
Power Magnum is a basic attack skill that has a power of 150, that eventually climbs to 360 when you have lvled it from lvl 1 to 5. Being the starting skill for a titan, it isn't meant to be used at lvl 170+, but I would like for it to at least have some use later on. For this, I would suggest changing it to instead deal a %-based dmg, taken off of your current attack stat, starting at 110% and climbing up to 150% through 5 lvls. So if you had 1k atk and used this skill at lvl 1, it would count your atk as 1.1k instead of 1k, if you used it at lvl 2, it would calculate your atk as 1.2k etc.

Knee Crash
Currently, Knee Crash still has some usage on later lvls since it debuffs the target's movement speed, which is useful in pve. Currently, the duration of the debuff is 10 seconds, and I would suggest that we allowed the duration of the skill to increase the higher the lvl of the skill. Given that it already has a use, I don't see a reason to make any drastic changes to it, aside from increasing it's duration, and by extension increasing it's cool down.

Battle Roar
Yeah, as I said... 100 atk increase ain't jack shrimp, and is arguably hardly even worth it at lower lvls since mobs are so easy to kill now, and you can receive a higher increase by using cheap minerals (aka steroids). The duration of the skill is good, but I would like to change the atk increase to % (a SMALL %, since Warmaster learns an extension of this skill). And again, it is worth noting that this skill will be accessable to both Warmaster and Highlander (there is even an additional lvl of the skill, lvl 7, which can be learned by both of it's promoted classes at lvl 45. Why is that even there? xD), so the increase will have to be small yet still useful to not make Highlander able to run around with 50ish k atk in it's basic state. I'd suggest to set the atk increase to 5% at lvl 1 and have it climb up to 10% through 6 lvls, with each lvl of the skill adding 1% to it. Might not be too useful at lower lvls now, but with the game as it is you don't spend a lot of time down there anyway since it's so easy to lvl.

Tyrant
Tyrant is a self buff skill that increases the user's physical attack and defense, in exchange for a continous drain on your mana (drains 1 mana point per second for 3 min). I like the concept of this skill, but then I began thinking about what a Tyrant actually was. Going with the theme of the skill, I'd suggest to have this skill increase your Physical attack by 1k, but at the cost of 500 lower Evasion (to all 3 Evasion stats). While this will be a tiny bit OP at low lvl, that's pretty much what a Tyrant is. Their power comes from the people around them being weaker than them, but if said people are around the same strength as the Tyrant himself, then he usually isn't all that. Tyrant's also tends to be arrogant and overconfident, which leads to making mistakes, hence the decrease in the user's Evasion. Also, have the skill eat more Mana per second.

Focus Eye
Here's another self-buff. It climbs to lvl 7, out of which 2 lvls are learned after the player have already chosen a job. It lasts for 5 minutes, which is fine, and it increases the user's HR by... 100, at it's max lvl, which is learned at lvl 100. I understand that since it is a low lvl skill, it's not meant to be a huge amount of HR, but I would still suggest that we change it to, you guessed it, a %-based increase. There are 5 lvls of the skill that is learned at lvl 25, which I again suggest a climb from 5% to 10% like Battle Roar. After that however, I'd suggest the skill taking a jump, since it is in fact learned at much later lvl. For lvl 6, I'd suggest a jump to 15% HR increase (learned at lvl 70) and for lvl 7 I'd say possibly taking it to 20% or even 25%. This might seem like a big amount, but keep in mind that regardless of which subclass you pick, your Physical HR will be your bane stat and since Focus Eye is a self buff, it can't be shared with toons of other classes that may have a higher HR to make better use of it.

Charge
This skill has a chance to cancel a target's use of a special skill with the lvls increasing the chance for this skill being succesful from 40% to 80%... Uhm, what? In all seriousness though, this skill would've still had some use in the more skill-based fantasy world I try to build with these suggestion threads, but the problem is that most skills barely have a long enough animation for u to use this skill to cancel it, and that isn't even taking Haste into account. To keep with the theme of the skill, I'd have this skill inflict a short Silence debuff to the target, with the duration climbing a few seconds with each lvl.

Body Crasher
Damages target and causes them to "bleed". This is the final skill in the Titan's base class skill tree. Personally, I don't really have a problem with the skill itself, but what I do want to improve on, as mentioned in this thread , is the way the Bleed Skills work. Keep this skill the way it is, but have it deal a %-based Bleed Damage, calculated off of the target's max HP. Since it is a basic class skill, I'd say a small amount, like 5% to 10%, divivded over 10 seconds, depending on the lvl of the skill.
  • Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

Crossing

Rising Star

• "Crossing" is male
  • "Crossing" started this thread

Date of registration: 1. August 2015

Thursday, 17. November 2016, 19:03

Because the forums doesn't like me, I had to post the passive skills AND the removed skills as separate replies to the original post. 10,000 characters my rear end, I did a characters check on the post and I was down to 9483 and it still told me it was too long! :thumbdown:

Passive SkillsWhen it comes to passive skills, I'm not as set on trying to improve them, since most of them just increase the player's base stats. I would like to see some increases to some of them, but not much beyond that. There is however also the option of adding additional passive skills with new effects, and that is something which I will take advantage of, most likely on all classes.

Health Mastery
Increases the player's base HP and HP Regen, climbing all the way up to lvl 7 with the last two lvls being learned at lvl 40 and 72 respectively while the first 5 are learned at lvl 5. Going with the theme that Titans have a surplus amount of health, I would personally like to increase the effectiveness of this skill to allow it to have more of an impact. Therefore, I'd like for the lvl 7 of this skill to add 5k HP, rather than a mere 2k, along with a 20 HP Regen Increase.

Control Mastery
This skill at it's max lvl increases the user's Crit Chance by 100. I have no problem with the values (20, 40, 60, 80, 100) but I would suggest making the increase %-based, again for it to have more of an impact on your actual stats. While I personally would probably avoid this skill since I don't want to hit Crits, I still want the skill to be impactful for those that do choose to pick it up.

Weapon Mastery
This skill permanently increases the player's Physical Attack. Which is all fine and all, but the increase is a mere 60. Which, at lower lvls is all well and good but like I've already mentioned, you don't spend a lot of time at lower lvls and by the time you can learn this skill, you will probably be ready to go powerlevel to at least lvl 60. I would suggest for this skill to be %-based as well, but I am getting a little worried that the overall atk increase will be too high, especially since the skills I have currently gone through will be accessable to both Warmaster and Highlander. Either set this passive skill to a low %, like 10% at it's highest lvl, or just add a 0 to the end of the digits.

Harder Skin
Like Weapon Mastery, this skill si all well and good, if it wasn't for the fact that the increase is ridiculously low. However, since defense plays a different role, especially at the lvls below 100, I'd say that this skill definetely should be changed to a small %-base instead. However, since Titan is meant to have skyhigh HP, I would say that this skill should be a mere 1-5%, depending on lvl. I would have this skill being learned at lvl 20 instead of Focus Mastery (which I would remove completely for the basic Titan class).

Thick Hide [New skill]
This newly added skill would give the player a %-based resistance against Ice atks, based on the theory that with all dat fat on his bones, the titans as a race would be more resistant to cold climates than say High Elfs (Healer, Sorcerer) or Humans (Knights, Rogues, Mages). This skill would replace the skill "Improved Mana" as the passive learned at lvl 25 and would offer a 10% resistance to Ice at lvl 1 and 30% at lvl 5 (5% increase per lvl).

Removed Skills

As you may or may not have noticed, a few skills were left out, and there were a variety of reasons for that. Down below, you can find the skills that were completely removed from this skill tree, and if u don't find a skill in this list, then just assume that I didn't feel like any change was needed for it (this mainly concerns passive skills.

Cannon Spike [Active]
This skill
falls into the same category as Power Magnum, as it is a basic attack skill
that doesn't do anything other than deal increased damage. While I had actually
written a new description for this skill as well, I decided that it might just
as well be removed since Highlander learns a stronger version of it anyway, and
allowing Highlander, which already has an above the top attack stat, to have
access to 2 skills with the effect I was thinking off would be a bit overkill.

Focus Mastery [Passive]
This skill increases your HR, and both Warmaster and Highlander learn an improved version
of this skill later down the line. The reason I removed it is because I would
prefer to only have this skill in the Warmaster's skill tree. When I think of a
Highlander, I think of the typical Berserker type of character that swings his
axe around like a mad man. Powerful, but not very focused, hence why I don't
think Focus Mastery would make sense for him to have access to.

Improved Mana [Passive]
Why da fudge would a purely physical warrior increase his mana? :pinch: For gameplay purposes, you can add
Diamonds to your gear, which would give a much higher increase anyway, but for
theme and "story" or whatever, I just felt that this skill didn't fit
very well with the titans theme.

So what do you guys think? About my suggestions, I mean. I'm pretty sure you all think that I'm nuts for undertaking this crazy attempt at reworking all the 25 classes in this game. Hopefully though, you at least agree that some of the improvements I presented would be fun to see, and if not, feel free to share your own suggestions on the class! Have a good day! :thumbup:
  • Activate Facebook

pruss

Rising Star

Date of registration: 19. July 2015

Saturday, 19. November 2016, 18:14

+1 for all the thoughts Cross. I don't play titan so can't really say though :rolleyes:

• Activate Facebook

Henrik

Rising Star

Date of registration: 22. July 2015

Saturday, 19. November 2016, 18:42

i vote crossy to be new gamigo staff :D Vilya need some1 extra cuddlie nearby :P

• Activate Facebook

Date of registration: 4. February 2016

Tuesday, 29. November 2016, 23:50

I think all melee toons like Elementalist, Titan, and Royal Knight need hp bonus and damage reduction bonus so that they can actually make it to the ranged toons, but also increase their base movement speed and attack range.

• Activate Facebook

Date of registration: 17. July 2015

Wednesday, 30. November 2016, 14:02

Melee classes suffer against range classes on this game too much, what I'd like to see changed is - if a melee weapon-wielding character gets within range of another player in PvP, even if that player is moving around, they are able to use a regular attack or skill, instead of getting that annoying "too far away" message.

As for Titan Class changes, I personally don't think the base Titan needs changing much at all, maybe have Knee Crasher, instead of a chance of interrupting a skill, have it where it has a chance of inflicting a 5-10 second debuff that automatically causes the victim's next skill to miss/fail, but disappears after the skill is failed, like the effect of Mark of Despair.

The changes that need to be made, if you ask me, are to the secondary Classes, like increasing the AoE range on War Stamp, or giving HL a 10-second AoE root (Snare) skill, as well as other things, along with a passive for both that gives them 4-20% chance of automatically dodging any attack made against them at a range greater than 5.

• Activate Facebook