You are not logged in.

• "Sheogorath" is male
  • "Sheogorath" started this thread

Date of registration: 7. June 2017

Monday, 12. June 2017, 10:19

ARCH - Wizard vs Witch

Hello everyone, i have come to our comunity forums to hear opinions on which SubClass is "better".
When i say better i mean, who levels up faster, who has the most "ups" and less "downs", who is better at PvE (main concern) and who is better at PvP.

I am building up a arch mage, and i am inclined on going for the wizard profession, but i would like to hear other people's opinions on IF or why should i go witch (for example).

I'll apreciate any and all feedback that you, my fellow Irisians, can give me.

Thanks in advance!
(Sheogorath - server: Initus) :)

• Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

PRIMEX

Date of registration: 20. July 2015

Monday, 12. June 2017, 13:40

Hi Sheo!

Definitely go Arch Wizard for PVE. You have a variety of skills to work with over the Arch Witch class. Later on you can change to Arch Witch for PVP purposes especially when you have access to better Skill cooldown reduction seals.

Arch Wizard
Pros: Myriad of attacking Skills, High Damage, Great AOES
Con: Slower reg hits

Arch Witch
Pros: Condition skills, Crowd control skills, slightly faster attack speeds, Haste 2 lvl 2
Con: Low Damage Skills

If you are all about PVE then its a easy pick, Arch Wizard is probably only second to NS in raids or dungeons. High lvl, Arch witches have potential to be stronger at PVP because of elemental debuff.

• Activate Facebook

• "Sheogorath" is male

Monday, 12. June 2017, 15:57

Thank you PRIMEX, for your feedback i apreciated it!

This was just to confirm and reassure myself i was making the right decision.

Also, if any arch-mage mains outer wanna give me some little tips & tricks, wanna be my "coach", i'll be more than happy learning from others, experienced ones. (You can find me in-game usually on i2 or i3 -IGN: Sheogorath)
  • Activate Facebook

This post by "Sheogorath" (Monday, 12. June 2017, 15:58) has been deleted by user "Vilya" (Monday, 12. June 2017, 17:11) with the following reason: Dupe post

• "Sheogorath" is male

Wednesday, 14. June 2017, 01:00

BUMP! yet again back to the same thread as to not create another as the question is related:
Arch-wizard is a skill based class hence i'll be spamming skills right!?
For that i'd say i'll have to get hold of 3x 60 CD acessories, and was thinking in them having a kind of suction effect so that i could save on stealer potions...
Is it better a 2x 5% HP or a 2x 5% MP (i know some people will say, don't go for this as you won't be able to use Elephant, not true, i can just switch 'em off and get low mana to use ele buff...).
Again, what is the best for an arch-wizard: a 2x 5% HP suction + 60 DC acessorie (3x) or a 2x 5% MP suction + 60 CD (3x) ? Or any other setup?!
PLease enlighten me! :)

Thank you for your feedback in advance!

• Activate Facebook

ANGEL.

Rising Star

• "ANGEL." is female

Date of registration: 10. July 2015

Wednesday, 14. June 2017, 01:38

if u r high lvl u could use 40% mp consumption gloves ( use agr on them, and make it 60-80% )
or u could use tof acc which has 20% mp consumption( u can use 3 of them). From my own experience I do use 3x CD acc , one of them it has 15% mp suction, and some hp suction on others.I do have some mp gems on my armors too. Sometimes I change one of the cd acc with tof ( with the gloves I have over 95% mp consumption so don't need MP) About the elephant - I use it always with hp target and just take on/off half of my armours - nova always fill my hp fast. Keep in mind if u kill low lvl mobs ( affinity/pet lvling etc.) the MP suction doesn't work well.

ANGEL - 185 witch / TigerLily - 185 Archwiz / PeterPan - 185 assasin - LC USA
  • Activate Facebook

• "Sheogorath" is male

Friday, 16. June 2017, 14:33

thanks a lot for your feedback! I highly apreciate it :)

• Activate Facebook