You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Last Chaos Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "thedaggers" started this thread

Date of registration: 29. October 2015

Friday, 25. May 2018, 23:39

What happened?

So like 3 years ago there was some news about a new developer for last chaos. 3 years have passed i come by to this forums every month to check patch notes and all i see is the same thing over and over. Item mall sales and same events and random crap. How is it possible that you have such low respect for the few players that this game has left? How can you not make any single real game update when supposedly you have a new dev for 3 years now? this is just surreal, i never seen anything like this in any other game before... ?(?(

• Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

Jefalo

Rising Star

Date of registration: 14. June 2016

Friday, 25. May 2018, 23:55

i guess he get fired after 1 week^^

• Activate Facebook

MaZZaCre

Rising Star

• "MaZZaCre" is female

Date of registration: 13. December 2013

Saturday, 26. May 2018, 00:05

I mean there are a lot of IM changes =o

A Fairy Tale FULL HD | \_/ carecup, its empty ~
  • Activate Facebook

PRIMEX

Rising Star

Date of registration: 20. July 2015

Saturday, 26. May 2018, 06:12

So like 3 years ago there was some news about a new developer for last chaos. 3 years have passed i come by to this forums every month to check patch notes and all i see is the same thing over and over. Item mall sales and same events and random crap. How is it possible that you have such low respect for the few players that this game has left? How can you not make any single real game update when supposedly you have a new dev for 3 years now? this is just surreal, i never seen anything like this in any other game before... ?(?(
How indeed.
  • Activate Facebook

The1AndOnly

Rising Star

• "The1AndOnly" is male

Date of registration: 6. July 2016

Occupation: industri cnc setup's and programming mastercam cadcam cimco

Sunday, 27. May 2018, 01:14

good question (adding items and such to item mall are not a fix) or anything that u can call an update tho.

• Activate Facebook

• "thedaggers" started this thread

Date of registration: 29. October 2015

Wednesday, 6. June 2018, 17:05

@Vilya would be nice to hear you about this matter instead of this whole silence, i think we deserve a straight answer about why there are no game updates for years now.

• Activate Facebook

Vilya

Community Manager (en)

• "Vilya" is female

Date of registration: 3. September 2014

Wednesday, 6. June 2018, 17:41

There have been updates, even if you guys do not see them as such they have been there. We will not give information on anything we are working on which is not available on VIP test server or on live server. When there is news, it will be in patchlog for all versions and all players at the same time.

Good day.

Vilya
Community Manager EN/PL
Homepage | Support|
Facebook | Discord Chat
  • Activate Facebook

justy87

Date of registration: 29. May 2018

Thursday, 7. June 2018, 10:34

I think a lot of people share this opinion, time to make some changes and you will see a growth of players. I came back after 8 years and love to play again but please keep it fun to play with new adventures/group events, instead of making items with real money cheaper, improve the rewards for in-game activities.

• Activate Facebook

PRIMEX

Rising Star

Thursday, 7. June 2018, 23:12

I never appreciate your tone Vilya. I always get a sense like players are bothering you when this topic comes up, don't players get to know whether things are still in progress. Your team decided to tell players that something is coming 3 years ago and we haven't seen anything really significant in the way of character balance, major skill bugs, new maps... or well... anything other than item mall additions. I suppose that is what happens when you play a FTP Game. But all Gamigo needs to do is look at the statistics, they speak for themselves. the volume of players online has decrease probably by 1000% in the last 7 years of no Significant update. You gave players false hope so there you have it. Maybe you can pin a thread on the forums that says Dont ask about game updates.

• Activate Facebook

Date of registration: 8. June 2018

Friday, 8. June 2018, 09:30

To anyone

I like to know what sever is best to play on every sever I looked at before all dead pretty much or afk hardly seen anyone

• Activate Facebook

Date of registration: 8. June 2018

Friday, 8. June 2018, 12:39

To anyone

Checked US severs and only seen 2 people lol wtf

• Activate Facebook

unavailable

Rising Star

• "unavailable" is male

Date of registration: 14. January 2015

Friday, 8. June 2018, 14:49

I never appreciate your tone Vilya. I always get a sense like players are bothering you when this topic comes up, don't players get to know whether things are still in progress. Your team decided to tell players that something is coming 3 years ago and we haven't seen anything really significant in the way of character balance, major skill bugs, new maps... or well... anything other than item mall additions. I suppose that is what happens when you play a FTP Game. But all Gamigo needs to do is look at the statistics, they speak for themselves. the volume of players online has decrease probably by 1000% in the last 7 years of no Significant update. You gave players false hope so there you have it. Maybe you can pin a thread on the forums that says Dont ask about game updates.

In all honesty the only tone no one can appreciate is yours. You are being so condescending in literally every post you make.
Sorry but this isn't kindergarden where Vilya or anyone from gamigo needs to sugar coat things for you. Its not all roses and puppies.
And if you would stay objective instead of your normal self-centered way you would acknowledge the fact that a lot of changes happened that do not involve any item mall price changes but actual in-game changes, be it QoL changes but still. If gamigo didnt intend to develop the game further they could have closed the servers on many occasions, but they didnt, instead they invest time in adding new things, looking for devs and so on.

You should maybe consider how your subjective negativity impacts new and potential players, since 95% of what you say, are not even facts and cannot be backed up, so either give an objective opinion or dont say anything at all if you are only looking to post negativity on things which are far from the truth.

@demonictt

It depends what server you were on and at what time. Keep in min the server for LCUS is EST time zone.
  • Activate Facebook

Vilya

Community Manager (en)

• "Vilya" is female

Date of registration: 3. September 2014

Friday, 8. June 2018, 15:42

I never appreciate your tone Vilya.
I am amazed that you can tell my "tone" from mere typing, that's a special talent you've got there.

I always get a sense like players are bothering you when this topic comes up, don't players get to know whether things are still in progress.
Players do get to know when things are in progress, they are always in progress. This doesn't mean they will know what exactly is in the works or exactly when they will be in game. This coding is 11 years old, the engine it's built on is even older. Barunson had a nasty habit of doing quickie bandaid fixes and not fixing the true underlying issue. This results in other things being broken when our developers taking off said bandaid, and this makes fixes take longer as instead of only ONE fix, it becomes multiple that have to be sussed out and fixes. As far as bothering me, I cannot be more clear in what I post about this very topic each time it comes up. If people bothered to use the search function as per the posted forum rules, I would not need to continually respond the exact same way.

Your team decided to tell players that something is coming 3 years ago and we haven't seen anything really significant in the way of character balance, major skill bugs, new maps

The news of gamigo purchasing the code was made in September of 2016. Since then we have had to recruit new developers and build a team of our own from the ground up. This includes graphics, coders, and everyone in between to help make it all work. Once we had a team, they needed to learn the code. It all takes time. Things have been changed, new things have been created. Regardless of whether or not you all choose to acknowledge them is the issue.

Now, one more time I will say, "When there is news of new content it will be provided to everyone in patchlog or news for VIP test server." If there is no news there, there is nothing new to report. This does not mean nothing is being worked on, but we will not give promises of things worked on in case they do not go smoothly. We much prefer to ensure we test them thoroughly and correctly prior to promising anything to the players.

Happy gaming.
Vilya
Community Manager EN/PL
Homepage | Support|
Facebook | Discord Chat
  • Activate Facebook

This post by "pwesty" (Saturday, 9. June 2018, 08:56) has been deleted by user "Vilya" (Thursday, 28. June 2018, 00:29)

Redblu

Sincere Adventurer

• "Redblu" is male

Date of registration: 27. May 2015

Saturday, 9. June 2018, 09:04

Let's make a Last Chaos 2 with new proper code so ;)

• Activate Facebook

FatAndy

Date of registration: 9. June 2018

Saturday, 9. June 2018, 09:13

The thing that annoys people is the most of these changes are source based. Make a update even if its small to fix some stuff add newcontent, new things to do it would keep the remaining players around.

• Activate Facebook

This post by "Jefalo" (Saturday, 9. June 2018, 13:02) has been deleted by user "Vilya" (Thursday, 28. June 2018, 00:30)

PRIMEX

Rising Star

Saturday, 9. June 2018, 16:49

What I meant is you were dismissive in a sense. Yes i understand that you have reported on the matter time and time again but you will get these sorta a questions if there is nothing else to do in game. There was a time when i didn't come forums because there was a ton to do in game. Now I am in a wasteland.

As for you Una, I do believe my posts are more appreciated than yours by players. You try to shut down everything that players post without truly understanding what they mean half the time and defend Gamigo without proof of anything. I am sure should new players go through the forums they will see alot more players than me alone who share the same sentiments. Do you work with gamigo? then stop preaching about things you don't know as if they are fact. The fact is you are just as clueless as the rest of us, so stop acting like you have insider knowledge.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "PRIMEX" (9. June 2018, 17:02)

• Activate Facebook

MujharCarillon

Rising Star

• "MujharCarillon" is male

Date of registration: 18. July 2015

Sunday, 10. June 2018, 19:27

Jefalo,

Bugs are in LC, because Barunson never properly fixed them. All Barunson did, as Vilya has already explained in her last post here[u], was to do quickie bandaid fixes, that didn't properly fix the underlying cause. That's why Gamigo bought a copy of the code from Barunson. So that Gamigo can properly fix the entire code, and then bring the entire game into true balance.

Also, the Gamigo devs really do need to learn the code. For instance, learning what each line of code does, and how it relates to everything else. And since there's a few Gigabytes of code to go through, that will take time. Another thing the Gamigo devs need to do, is to remove the Barunson fixes, from each section of code, and then properly fix that section of code, as well as bringing it into true balance. Not just within that section of code, but also within the game as a whole.

Thirdly, Vilya also states in one of her posts here, that the game engine use for Last Chaos, is actually older than Last Chaos. I've been wanting the game engine replaced, for some time, now. My problem, is that I still don't know how many past and present players, are still using Windows XP to run LC. If everyone uses Windows Vista or better, then the Gamigo devs can safely use a more modern DirectX 10/Shader Model 5.x based game engine. However. If there's even just 1 person, still using Windows XP to run Last Chaos, then Gamigo's devs will need to either find a decent DirectX 9.0c/Shader Model 3.0 game engine, or maybe create their own DX 9.0C/Shader Model 3.0 game engine, to use with Last Chaos. Even then, Gamigo would need to take care, as some Windows XP users, may be using really old hardware. Like, Pentium 4 systems, with 2 - 3 GB of RAM,and a graphics card with perhaps 256MB - 512MB of video RAM on it.

"Can You Dance Like The Crew? Can You Do What We Do? Check It Out When We're Through. And Don't Forget That Our Moves Are True."

This post has been edited 5 times, last edit by "MujharCarillon" (13. June 2018, 10:58)

• Activate Facebook

Date of registration: 17. November 2016

Sunday, 10. June 2018, 23:05

We will make no Wine before it is Time ...

I'm with unavailable and MujharCarillon : Complaining accomplishes NOTHING ~ !!! Fine wine is not fermented in a mere 24 hours ya' know - It takes YEARS ~ !!! ... and bare also in mind that Gamigo is not at the same level of financial resources or of staff size of something on the order of a Blizzard Entertainment or Sony Corporation. Rather ... Gamigo is like the beloved book from my childhood > "The little train that could " ... and as for the servers being " dead " - yes, it depends entirely what channel and at what hour you happen to be on-line. ... and Vilya, you do a GREAT job of managing and responding to the Forums ~ !!! simply put : I LOVE LAST CHAOS - NO MATTER WHAT ANYBODY SAYS ~ !!!

• Activate Facebook