You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Last Chaos Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Caugsmire

Rising Star

• "Caugsmire" is male
  • "Caugsmire" started this thread

Date of registration: 14. July 2015

Tuesday, 24. July 2018, 20:20

Devil Rune Ore

The Last Chaos Wiki has the following entry for Devil Rune Ore:

Devil Rune Ores are special stones that can be used up to +25. The chance of a successful improvement up to + 5 is 100%.

Possible outcome:
Success (+1)
Success (+2)
Success (+3)
Failure (object is destroyed)

My question is - if I use Devil Rune Ore on an item that is currently +4, am I still in the "safe" zone, with a chance of getting +5 +6 or +7

or will it only give an upgrade to +5

or is there a possibility of failure because of the +6 and +7...

I like the idea of possibly jumping to +7 but don't want to risk failure..

Caugsmire

• Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

ANGEL.

Rising Star

• "ANGEL." is female

Date of registration: 10. July 2015

Tuesday, 24. July 2018, 21:14

if u try to upgrade an item ( 145+) and its currently at +4, when u try to u drag dro ( pro) over it - u wont see the windows where will ask u to use a rop - which means its safe to upgrade it. When the item is already at +5 - ull get the window pop up and ask u to drag the rop then its not safe anymore and ur item might break. When u upgrade an item from +4 and use dro - its possible to get +2, or +3 as bonus.
Personally when I upgrade something I use pro till +4 and then start with dro.

ANGEL - 185 witch / TigerLily - 185 Archwiz / PeterPan - 185 assasin - LC USA

• Activate Facebook

Pandia

Rising Star

Tuesday, 24. July 2018, 21:18

Instead of risking a fail or break, u could use 5 puri to safe +5, 5 lucky to +10 and then 5 chaos runes for +15. No reason to risk breaking the item using devil at +4 when u can have safe +10 with puri and lucky ores since they go for cheap.

• Activate Facebook

unavailable

Rising Star

• "unavailable" is male

Date of registration: 14. January 2015

Tuesday, 24. July 2018, 22:02

You can safely without risk use a Devil Rune ore on a +4 item, as long as its under +5 its always a guaranteed success.

The wiki however is not complete I see:

DEvil rune ore has the following options:
+3 / +2 / +1 / 0 / -1 / -2 / -3

Given the negatives are extremely rare but they do exist.

• Activate Facebook

Cannon

Rising Star

• "Cannon" is female
  • "Cannon" has been banned

Date of registration: 20. June 2018

Occupation: 3D Asset designer, Python & papyrus scripting, bip, rigging, weight painting and animation, textures including but limited to icons, fonts, (normals World space, tangent and object) spectacular, diffuse and alpha, shape keys, collision detection, map topology, path grid/ nav mesh, sprites, billboard animation, fx, shaders .etc ~ the list goes on

Wednesday, 25. July 2018, 11:40

pretty sure you can only use runes on item 146+ last time i checked 1 - 145 was smelting stones.
anyhow
i just use lucky, chaos and fine runes on everything, they have pretty much made purified and Devil rune ore worthless. some may disagree but i dont take chances. i would rather pay a little extra for a 100% thats just me though :thumbsup:

• Activate Facebook

Caugsmire

Rising Star

• "Caugsmire" is male
  • "Caugsmire" started this thread

Date of registration: 14. July 2015

Wednesday, 25. July 2018, 12:24

Thanks to everyone for their comments - given I have quite a few purified and devil rune ore from drops, it sounds as though Angels's route of PRO to +4 followed by one DRO may save me one or two Lucky Runes...

• Activate Facebook