You are not logged in.

MujharCarillon

Rising Star

• "MujharCarillon" is male

Date of registration: 18. July 2015

Monday, 23. July 2018, 14:18

Carakas,

I read through your first post, in this thread. I, also, would welcome better/more advanced graphics for Last Chaos. BUT, Gamigo do need to be careful with it, though. It would be like converting Last Chaos to 64bit, I think. Even if everyone had the money to upgrade their hardware and Windows Operating System, those on lower incomes would still be limited with what they can buy.

For instance, these people may be able to buy a new motherboard, CPU (eg Core i3 or AMD equivalent), a decent amount of memory (Let's say, 16GB for instance), and maybe a decent enough power supply. But the rest of their new system, would have to come from their existing computer. Like, the case and case fans, hard and optical drives, mouse and keyboard, graphics card and monitor.

Unfortunately, Caraka, the graphics card and monitor that these people have, might not be good enough for more high end gaming. And the rest of the older components, might be getting on a bit in age, as well. :(

"Can You Dance Like The Crew? Can You Do What We Do? Check It Out When We're Through. And Don't Forget That Our Moves Are True."

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "MujharCarillon" (24. July 2018, 17:41)

• Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

This post by "FatAndy" (Tuesday, 24. July 2018, 02:28) has been deleted by user "Vilya" (Tuesday, 24. July 2018, 14:18)

Cannon

Rising Star

• "Cannon" is female
  • "Cannon" has been banned

Date of registration: 20. June 2018

Occupation: 3D Asset designer, Python & papyrus scripting, bip, rigging, weight painting and animation, textures including but limited to icons, fonts, (normals World space, tangent and object) spectacular, diffuse and alpha, shape keys, collision detection, map topology, path grid/ nav mesh, sprites, billboard animation, fx, shaders .etc ~ the list goes on

Wednesday, 25. July 2018, 11:16

or they can just play it on low quality so there will be no need to upgrade anything? i mean thats what most publishers do, not trying to crap on your contribution at all, dont get me wrong!
i would also like to see LC get a much needed face lift.

• Activate Facebook

The1AndOnly

Rising Star

• "The1AndOnly" is male

Date of registration: 6. July 2016

Occupation: industri cnc setup's and programming mastercam cadcam cimco

Saturday, 28. July 2018, 17:01

id love the idea of a merge of servers.
new map is kinda off topic to my mind,
because 1: we got plenty of maps but their not being used as their useless besides the few bosses.
2: alber, its a map that never got to be worked out to its potential. could add a boss as u decribe there it would fit in aswell as there 2 sides and a factionless side (3 factions in alber only 2 u can chose in between) the 3rd faction could be that of witch u refer to as a new map.
dont see why adding another map when Theres a map that could be usefull to this entire idea.
Theres a raid looking area there aswell with in the north west corner too. rework this map to this.
up cap lvl rework lvls of mobs allready on the map make a 190-200 lvl requirement raid there.
make a boss dead center on the map in the arena there where is nothing now.
3: makeing another map will only make more dead content.
besides that all i love the idea.

• Activate Facebook

MujharCarillon

Rising Star

• "MujharCarillon" is male

Date of registration: 18. July 2015

Saturday, 28. July 2018, 22:17

No probs, VanZen. :)

I've also noticed that some developers include code, that checks the hardware during installation. And then adjusts the game settings, accordingly. It's an alternative, is what I'm saying. I'd also like to point out, that there's no personal information involved, here. This code just checks the hardware, then adjusts the game settings to run as well as possible on said hardware.

As for LC getting a face lift, well I don't know how far the devs can go, with the current game engine. If only we could ask them, though! If they are unable to do all that much with the existing game engine, then they'll need to replace it, with a more capable game engine. and the new game engine might be using a DirectX version, that's way higher than the one used, currently.

Right now, I think that the devs should go with a DirectX 10/Shader Model 5.xx based game engine, that also uses C++. The C++ part, comes from when Gamigo were having their developer recruitment drive. I remember Vilya saying, that the successful applicants, need to be experienced in C++. It's possible though, that the devs might also need to be experienced in other programming languages. Like Java, for instance.

"Can You Dance Like The Crew? Can You Do What We Do? Check It Out When We're Through. And Don't Forget That Our Moves Are True."

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "MujharCarillon" (10. August 2018, 15:27)

• Activate Facebook

Cannon

Rising Star

• "Cannon" is female

Occupation: 3D Asset designer, Python & papyrus scripting, bip, rigging, weight painting and animation, textures including but limited to icons, fonts, (normals World space, tangent and object) spectacular, diffuse and alpha, shape keys, collision detection, map topology, path grid/ nav mesh, sprites, billboard animation, fx, shaders .etc ~ the list goes on

Thursday, 9. August 2018, 09:06

ya know Dritix i have and know how to use SkaStudio i am fully capable for making a map for LC. i would need a lot of reference material though.

things like the water, fog color, sky box color, fire color, architectural material as many pictures as you can give me, ideas for mobs and NPC, clothing, flora.

i can also make .BM meshs and make .Tex textures.

what im saying is i can make it but there is no promise Gamigo will use it or even look at it if i do so, it may turn out to be a huge wast of time on my part.

things like level cap and skills new classes. that is handled by the game engine and i have no way to edit that, so we are strictly at the mercy of Gamigo as far as that goes.

• Activate Facebook

This post "Nice!" by "theone6" (Thursday, 9. August 2018, 19:21) has been deleted by user "Vilya" (Thursday, 9. August 2018, 20:08) with the following reason: Violation of Forum Rules. Multiaccount.

Dritix

• "Dritix" is male
  • "Dritix" started this thread

Date of registration: 1. May 2017

Friday, 17. August 2018, 17:53

Alright!

ya know Dritix i have and know how to use SkaStudio i am fully capable for making a map for LC. i would need a lot of reference material though.

things like the water, fog color, sky box color, fire color, architectural material as many pictures as you can give me, ideas for mobs and NPC, clothing, flora.

i can also make .BM meshs and make .Tex textures.

what im saying is i can make it but there is no promise Gamigo will use it or even look at it if i do so, it may turn out to be a huge wast of time on my part.

things like level cap and skills new classes. that is handled by the game engine and i have no way to edit that, so we are strictly at the mercy of Gamigo as far as that goes.
Sorry for the late reply, alright so for the sky box i was thinking of a foggy black kind of feel to it, kind of like Streiana but darker, night time. (see attachment 1). For the architectural material i wanted something like i mentioned in the suggestion -> gothic, dark, amazing at the same time for example (see attachment 2, 3 and 4 ) As for the floors of the temple and ceiling i was thinking of them having these black cursed 'roots' on them consequence of the 'plague' that infected that temple (see attachment 5) the monsters there will also bear these roots since they are infected, also i said the monsters would be infected Night shadows and Elves, so just grab a regular Night shadows/Elves and 'mutate them' play with with them until you get something twisted like this (see attachment 6)(The night shadows clothes can be the high level armor a regular night shadow can wear but all ragged and worn out.) As for the flora you can imagine what a abandoned long forgotten temple looks like, taken over by nature , plants everywhere, but instead of being green life like plants they will be black and decayed , the floor outside the temple will have a charred like feeling to it as if nothing can grow on it. As for other monsters in the entrance of the temple i was thinking the 'black puddings' from Strayana but mutated by the "plague".
I mentioned them to be pink in the suggestion but that wouldn't fit the plague like symptoms so.. make them bigger in size and also bear the same 'black roots' but instead of their bodies being black change them to white so the 'black roots' on them stand out to the players. (see attachment 7). As we delve deeper into the temple we'll face spiders inflicted by the plague, bigger, uglier, and of course also bearing the 'black roots' (see attachment 8 ) I will come up with some more and new unique monsters if i see some support from the players and Gamigo on this idea, i don't want to be spilling out new things just so they don't get added.
Now for the lore on the map/temple you'll have Elven plague healers npc's near the temple that will be casting a spell trying to cure, preventing and holding this mysterious plague so it doesn't move forward and contaminate the whole world, they will give you quests from level 185 to 195 or 200 (depending which max cap gets added into the game) to ease the grinding a bit and give a meaning and story to the temple. Quests examples -> ( Purge 150 'Plagued Puddings' from the temple and report back to us.) -> (Kill 50 Plagued Night Shadows and bring us their corrupted souls) ( Kill 50 Plagued Elves and bring us their essence so we can examine the plague.) -> (Kill Mordo and his Guardians Ilthuryn and Taanyth) I think it would be really nice to implement this be cause it would also allow us to explore and delve more into the world of night shadows and elves.. Humans already have a City of their own Randol/Juno, Egeha isn't exactly what you'd call a city. Hope this helps! Let me know if you need more or if i forgot something :thumbsup:
Dritix has attached the following images:
  • 1.png
  • 2.jpg
  • 3.jpg
  • 4.jpg
  • 5.png

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Dritix" (17. August 2018, 18:17)

• Activate Facebook

Dritix

• "Dritix" is male

Friday, 17. August 2018, 17:55

attachments 6, 7 & 8

Attachments.

Dritix has attached the following images:
  • 6.jpg
  • 7.png
  • 8.png
  • Activate Facebook

Cannon

Rising Star

• "Cannon" is female

Saturday, 18. August 2018, 12:14

i just want to start by saying im not surprised you and i are friends. i find your taste relatable on so many levels.

dark, damp, Gothic architecture and cathedrals, demons, dead trees, black sand, blue fire.... am i in the ball park?

im getting a mix of Sio, Akan and Straya mixed but a lot darker and waaaaay more evil oriented.

im faced with a few issues.
making these things is not the issue, i can do that. the problems i will face is testing them with the LC engine. i can not make and load a map into the LC engine Client side i will not be able to set reference and form IDs to the map or the contents of it or set a teleport point to even get into the map. once again even if i do take the time to make it all including dungeons there is no promise Gamigo will even consider using it based of what i have seen from the staff thus far. the third and final issue i am faced with is i dont work for free. say i did make it knowing they would use it, its not like im just going to hand it over and let them get fat pockets on my work. and im not moving to Germany.

relocation seems pointless when i can just make the data and upload it to a cloud and they can DL it. makes no sense to me. whatever.

i will mess around with it a bit in my spare time and post periodic SS but the first time any gamigo staff gives me flack about it im tossing it.

i myself would like to see your vision come to life even if they dont use it, because what if? :thumbup:

• Activate Facebook

Dritix

• "Dritix" is male

Saturday, 18. August 2018, 13:55

Yes you're right!

i just want to start by saying im not surprised you and i are friends. i find your taste relatable on so many levels.

dark, damp, Gothic architecture and cathedrals, demons, dead trees, black sand, blue fire.... am i in the ball park?

im getting a mix of Sio, Akan and Straya mixed but a lot darker and waaaaay more evil oriented.

im faced with a few issues.
making these things is not the issue, i can do that. the problems i will face is testing them with the LC engine. i can not make and load a map into the LC engine Client side i will not be able to set reference and form IDs to the map or the contents of it or set a teleport point to even get into the map. once again even if i do take the time to make it all including dungeons there is no promise Gamigo will even consider using it based of what i have seen from the staff thus far. the third and final issue i am faced with is i dont work for free. say i did make it knowing they would use it, its not like im just going to hand it over and let them get fat pockets on my work. and im not moving to Germany.

relocation seems pointless when i can just make the data and upload it to a cloud and they can DL it. makes no sense to me. whatever.

i will mess around with it a bit in my spare time and post periodic SS but the first time any gamigo staff gives me flack about it im tossing it.

i myself would like to see your vision come to life even if they dont use it, because what if? :thumbup:
I am a goth that's why i have such refined dark tastes. :P
Well they already have motivation from us the players to make new things, if they don't give that motivation back it just means they're letting the game die and it will die eventually without anything fresh and new.
I agree if you're good at something never do it for free , people will just take advantage. :thumbsup: Hopefully we'll see the Plagued temple or something like it in game.. in the future... :thumbup:
  • Activate Facebook

Cannon

Rising Star

• "Cannon" is female

Sunday, 19. August 2018, 14:27

k so heres what im going to do. i cant edit anything in the client. HOWEVER i can look at what has already been made then make an entirely new map from scratch that mirrors the feel of the existing LC maps as far as topology land marks so on. i wont be taking anything from the game or be editing anything in the game. if this place gets completed i think it should have an arena... just saying im putting thought into this. im already invested. even though i cant load it into the game i can still look at it in Ska so im getting pretty excited about it. not gonna lie Dritix :love::love::love:

EDIT Arena is not a fitting term. im thinking more of a Coliseum. im thinking along the lines of the entrance of Ramslos Lab if you get my frame of reference.... yeah! :P

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Cannon" (19. August 2018, 14:33)

• Activate Facebook

Dritix

• "Dritix" is male

Monday, 20. August 2018, 16:57

Van <3

k so heres what im going to do. i cant edit anything in the client. HOWEVER i can look at what has already been made then make an entirely new map from scratch that mirrors the feel of the existing LC maps as far as topology land marks so on. i wont be taking anything from the game or be editing anything in the game. if this place gets completed i think it should have an arena... just saying im putting thought into this. im already invested. even though i cant load it into the game i can still look at it in Ska so im getting pretty excited about it. not gonna lie Dritix :love::love::love:

EDIT Arena is not a fitting term. im thinking more of a Coliseum. im thinking along the lines of the entrance of Ramslos Lab if you get my frame of reference.... yeah! :P
I really hope your work and my idea isn't all for nothing! It would be good for Gamigo and for the players! They just need to feel as motivated as we do, but i'm not feeling the same motivation from their part..but hey might be wrong.. :love::love::love:
  • Activate Facebook