You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Last Chaos Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Vilya

Community Manager (en)

• "Vilya" is female
  • "Vilya" started this thread

Date of registration: 3. September 2014

Thursday, 3. May 2018, 14:23

Greetings!

We have an open recruitment for volunteer GMs for Last Chaos North America! The GMs' focus will be simple: to serve and grow the community.

If you want to actively help improve our Last Chaos experience, this could be your chance!

Game Masters will undergo a one to two week training period initially, before working independently while reporting to veteran GMs and CMs.

Note: As an officially-endorsed helper, a GM's responsibilities will be taken very seriously. Unprofessional conduct will not be tolerated in any way.

If you want to apply for a GM position, please read the following:

Game Master tasks include:
• Enforcing the game rules
• Helping players with questions, issues and technical problems
• Resolving player disputes
• Planning, organizing and hosting server events
• Helping to detect and solve bugs and other problems

Requirements:
• Minimum age of 18 years (must be proven)
• Mature, helpful and easy-going personality
• Good social skills
• A cool head in the face of frustration
• Good knowledge of English
• Extensive knowledge of the game and its rules
• Ability to take constructive criticism
• A good capacity for teamwork
• Willingness to invest 1 to 2 hours a day (possibly more in certain situations)
• A headset or speakers and microphone to interact with the team on Ventrilo
• Enthusiasm for the game, the community and the tasks assigned to you

Bonus:
• Previous experience in a similar position
• Working knowledge of any languages other than English

You can send your application to using the subject "GM App" with the following info:
• Full name
• Age / Date of birth
• In-game names
• Forum name
• Experience•
• Why you want to be a GM
• What makes you stand out
• Your best and worst experiences in Last Chaos (choose 1 of each)

Serious inquiries only, please. Candidates that stand out will be contacted for further discussion.
  • Discussions and interviews will be done via voice chat. You will need to have a headset or speakers and microphone. All GM's, testers and Moderators are required to use voice chat on a daily basis.
As a volunteer, GM positions are at-will, and either side can choose to leave the agreement at any time.
There is no minimum or maximum number of applicants that we will be taking at this time. It's all about quality.
To apply send a Support Ticket (https://support.gamigo.com/index.php?/english), answer THESE questions and title the subject "GM Application for Last Chaos".
Good luck!
Vilya
Community Manager EN/PL
Homepage | Support| Rules
Facebook | Twitter
Discord Chat
  • Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

Vilya

Community Manager (en)

• "Vilya" is female
  • "Vilya" started this thread

Date of registration: 3. September 2014

Thursday, 3. May 2018, 14:23

Here at gamigo we have two types of volunteer support staff: Moderators and Game Masters.

• A mod is focused primarily on the forum and out-game tasks, such as aiding with support and bug reports.
  • GMs are primarily focused on the game itself. They are there to answer questions, assist players, and run events.
  • Both can share responsibilities in ways of course, but they have their focus. Some teams at gamigo combine both roles into one, and that is different based on the needs of each team.
I am a Community Manager. I am an official, full time, paid employee of gamigo. GMs and Mods report directly to me. GMs and Mods do not have permanent ban powers. They are there for support, and for collecting and presenting me with evidence should action or a ban be required. I do not and can not take action unless I have a legally sound case in which to do so. Only myself and those above me in the internal company have permanent action power.

Game Masters also have separate accounts that are not used to play the game, but to support. Full game masters, who have successfully completed a trial period and review, often have basic commands to help them assist players, such as the ability to teleport themselves to a player. GMs never have the ability to clone items, dupe money, or anything of the sort. They are not allowed to interact with the game world in any way except for support. Any violation of this may result in immediate termination. Only full-time, paid, internal staff have access to bigger commands, and our logs are also reviewed by our superiors and each action must be fully documented with evidence as to why an action was taken.

On another note, Game Masters will never reveal their true identity or the name of their personal account character, if they have one. Please do not ask them or try to pursue the matter. They have no option to help their own character or their friends in any way, and this barrier between their GM persona and real life persona is there for their personal protection. Game Masters are at higher risk of being maliciously targeted both online and in real life. Their safety is one of our primary concerns, and any hint at an attempt to penetrate their layer of privacy and safety will be met with an immediate and severe reaction from gamigo. They will be referred to solely by in game GM name or staff identifier.

Game Masters and mods are always volunteers. They are players here to simply help and give back to their community. They are not paid for their efforts. It is hard work, it is frustrating work, and it takes a very thick skin as they are often targeted by players. Overall it is a difficult and thankless job, and their main reward is simply knowing that they've contributed to keeping the game running smoothly and making everyone's experience better and more secure. As we build up a new team for LC-US, we hope you can continue the tradition of respecting them and assisting them in making this game a better place. I hope this explanation helps clear up some questions. If you have more questions, please feel free to send me a PM.

Thanks!
Vilya
Community Manager EN/PL
Homepage | Support| Rules
Facebook | Twitter
Discord Chat
  • Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

2 registered users thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Лидэрия (03.05.2018), Линкс (03.05.2018)