You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Last Chaos Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

ExcallabuR

Rising Star

• "ExcallabuR" started this thread

Monday, 20. July 2015, 17:21

Upgrade Material Enhancement Rates

Suggestion thread copied from old forum [Suggestion] Upgrade Material Enhancement Rates. Sorry about the quoted views in advance lol.

• DRO - 55% (+1) / 15% (+2) / 10% (+3) / 5%(-1) / 10% (+0/no change) / 5% (ruin)
  • HS & PRO - 65% (+1) / 15% (+0/no change) / 15% (-1) / 5% (Ruin)
  • Master Stones could be changed to - 25% (+0/no change) / 75% (+1) this way our items don't decrease but we still have the chance of failure(no enchantment) but for their price we have more of a chance of a +1 to make it worth purchasing/using.
Lets hear your thoughts, and If you have some amendments you think may make my suggestions better then please post them in a similar format to the way I have.

-Eze
------------------------------------------------
Wednesday, March 11th 2015, 3:56pm

Quoted from "unavailable"

Upgrade suggestions - I think you overshot it with the rates....it will be too easy, while I agree the rates are currently bad, the rates you suggested are way too high which is also bad. I think all upgrade items should have at least a 50/50 chance where its 50% chance to upgrade (+1/+2/+3) and 50% chance of failure (-1/0/ ruin)
I think ideal would be a 60%:40% ratio.

-----------------------------------------------
Wednesday, March 11th 2015, 4:11pm

Upgrade suggestions - I think you overshot it with the rates....it will be too easy, while I agree the rates are currently bad, the rates you suggested are way too high which is also bad. I think all upgrade items should have at least a 50/50 chance where its 50% chance to upgrade (+1/+2/+3) and 50% chance of failure (-1/0/ ruin)
I think ideal would be a 60%:40% ratio.

Quoted from "ExcallabuR"

So almost like my HS & PRO option then?

I wasn't sure on the DRO %'s as you have multiple + values, so I would think you should have more chance on a +1 than a +2 and a +3 and so on while the failure values are similar percentages their IC prices are higher so I figured slightly less failure rates.

What were your thoughts on the MS suggestion?

-Eze

Wednesday, March 11th 2015, 4:24pm

Well....lets face it MS are quite pricy so..i would not mind if they had a bit higher success chance.
If you decide to put in the cash item to un-bind then I say increase the success rate by 20%

If not then I would say make the rates a bit higher say by 5-10%.

Wednesday, March 11th 2015, 4:26pm

Well....lets face it MS are quite pricy so..i would not mind if they had a bit higher success chance.
If you decide to put in the cash item to un-bind then I say increase the success rate by 20%

If not then I would say make the rates a bit higher say by 5-10%.

Quoted from "ExcallabuR"

So to clarify you also agree with the removal of the -1 on them? :)

Wednesday, March 11th 2015, 4:32pm

Noo....I like the -1 option :P Its what makes everyone not so op anymore :D

Wednesday, March 11th 2015, 4:41pm

Noo....I like the -1 option :P Its what makes everyone not so op anymore :D

Quoted from "ExcallabuR"

HM... Ok... lol.

So would you say equal percentage between -1/0 or a higher rate of 0/no change to -1?

I'd think something like this if you add -1 into the rates:

5% (-1) / 25% (0/no change) / 70% (+1) Unless they were to reduce the cost in IC to justify a higher failure rate (and I don't mean reduce by 50 IC lol I mean more like 700 IC).

Thursday, March 12th 2015, 3:52am

Quoted from "Dfangs"

+1 with suggestion. I do not like getting a -1 for master stones. They are getting the item character bound anyways with its usage. Too many limitation on its usage is killing it.

On a side note I would like to get this information on what all items work during an upgrade event. Master stones , rune of protection are they included ? I have seen sales so many times during the upgrade event to suggest it should but if it doesn't that's just duping the players.

Thursday, March 12th 2015, 10:29am

Quoted from "KnightOftheSky"

Talking about Master stone here :

An item like this shouldnt have a -1.. AT least +0 or +1.

As it is now, if u have 1/3 chance to -1/+0/+1, Do you know what it means ? in the end, u will get the same result. You start at +17, lets say you have 1/3 chance to +1, you lucky you have +1.
You end up with +18, now you try your luck again. But as its 1/3 chance always, you get +0... Ok thats fine you say you had chance of a +1 maybe you will get an other chance so you try again. Your item is +18, you put master stone and boom -1 Result : You end up with ur +17 item BOUNDED ofc

Its mathematical..

The odds need to change, equal chance isnt a solution. I wouldnt mind if it fail (+0) but the -1 option shouldnt exist.

Wednesday, March 25th 2015, 5:31pm

Quoted from "ExcallabuR"

[Praise] Master Stone Upgrade Chance Increases

Just would like to say thank you for listening on increasing the chances of an upgrade with Master Stones (although it would still be nice to just have a no change/+1 on them :) and would be good to have an unbind option in the mall still for 15k IC :)).

Please could a Gamigo rep clarify a bit more the two points below from the patch notes so as to enlighten us a bit more on the increase from the 1/3 chance etc (currently stated on the Upgrading equipment (Updated) Thread)...

Quoted from "Vilya"

• The chances to upgrade gear with Master Stones have been increased.
  • Higher grade Master Stone will give you better chance of increase.

Wednesday, March 25th 2015, 8:13pm

Quoted from "Vilya"

That is all I can tell you...the odds are increased and the higher the level of the MS, the more the increase chance for an upgrade.

Wednesday, March 25th 2015, 8:33pm

Quoted from "GENESISxOFxCHAOS"

So annoying that an item costs 3k IC and you only know it has a chance of doing what you want it to, with no idea what that chance is.

Wednesday, March 25th 2015, 9:21pm

Quoted from "MistyLight"

Well
Since I already messed up my useless 180+28 ramslo ns weapon and made it character bound, I ended getting one ms+30 and one for free. They both succeeded and I am now sitting with a +30 weapon. The difference is like 1,3k mag attack...

Thursday, March 26th 2015, 8:38am

Quoted from "Vilya"

That is all I can tell you...the odds are increased and the higher the level of the MS, the more the increase chance for an upgrade.

Quoted from "xCHAx"

Villya, Can you please change "character bound" to "game id bound"

Thursday, March 26th 2015, 11:47am

Quoted from "Vilya"

No, I cannot.

Thursday, March 26th 2015, 4:35pm

Quoted from "LudaXD"

i would like deep blue rop change >.< insted to be to +19 to be to +20 and litle better rate >.<

Thursday, March 26th 2015, 8:17pm

Quoted from "ExcallabuR"

Rates suck... Gamigo need to do A LOT Better!...

From +11(rough guess as i wasn't counting the tries):

5 +17 MS's
7+19's
2+21's
Over 10 +25's - Got to +23 then reduced to +20
5+28's went +21 reduced 3 times two more to +20.

I will keep my +30's till Gamigo revamp it cause that's daylight robbery no doubt about it.

I still stand by my point that -1 should not be an option with Master Stones at all.

-Eze

Thursday, March 26th 2015, 8:43pm

Quoted from "Ashilicious"

they probably lied about the rates... really wouldn't shock me o.o
EzeEle 185 True Elementalist - EzeAssasin 16x Ex-Assassin - EzeArcher 16x Archer - EzeNS 16x NightShadow

-----------------------------------------------------------------

LC USA Player since December 2006
  • Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

ExcallabuR

Rising Star

Monday, 20. July 2015, 18:07

Thursday, March 26th 2015, 8:56pm

Quoted from "TheAngeI"

Quoted from "ExcallabuR"

Rates suck... Gamigo need to do A LOT Better!...

From +11(rough guess as i wasn't counting the tries):

5 +17 MS's
7+19's
2+21's
Over 10 +25's - Got to +23 then reduced to +20
5+28's went +21 reduced 3 times two more to +20.

I will keep my +30's till Gamigo revamp it cause that's daylight robbery no doubt about it.

I still stand by my point that -1 should not be an option with Master Stones at all.

-Eze
Im sry to hear Eze, but if u would sell all these MS and add some gold to it, u could easy buy an overpriced already +28 wep without any frustration.
Atm the way upgrade system work its nothing else than puting all ur $$ in the trash can.
Something has to be done about it, not only " we increased the chance u can get +2/3 from DRO and better upgrade chance with higher MS "...
If it posible to be done at once, not like every 2 months a sip of lil improvements,which none can notice "dramatically".

Thursday, March 26th 2015, 9:15pm

Quoted from "ExcallabuR"

I used 6 Golden Runes with DRO's got all ruin/decreased to +20 bar the last one which gave a +1...

So then... 3 more +25 Master Stones from +21 it went (-1) +20/ no change/(-1) +19.

Yay for Gamigo... not so much for me... would have had more enjoyment out of burning the £97 i just spent on stuff...

Why pay for premium items if you just get back less than you spend... Gamigo make it worse for the buyers as we pay to get better and we only decrease our stuff... while they make a lot of money... You should not allow master stones to drop items below the original + of the stone if you are going to have such poor odds (In fact you shouldn't have a decrease at all).

So lets total that up a bit... however many DRO's and runes to get the item to +11

• 5+17's - 7,495IC
  • 7+19's (not in game... lets assume +21 prices) - 11,193IC
  • 2+21's - 3,198IC
  • 13+ +25's (going to say 13 could have been more like 15) - 22,087IC
  • 5+28's (Not in game... lets assume 1,899 IC) - 9,495IC
  • 6 Golden Runes - 1,497IC
  • 6 DRO's - 2,994IC
    GRAND TOTAL 57,959IC (£99.99 = 49,000 IC and 8,900 for £19.99 so that's roughly £120...)

Thats £120... for 8 +1's in the end...

• I forgot +23 Master Stones too! I don't remember how many i used of those... most likely about 5 so that is probably another 9k or so IC so in the end almost £140 for 8+'s (after +11...so thats + whatever else i used to get the item to +11 which was over 15 DRO's from +6)

Thursday, March 26th 2015, 9:37pm

Quoted from "Skerdike"

During 150 event I upgraded 10-15 items with devil runes from +6, highest I got before breaking was +12. I tried relogging etc. At 200 events before the 'increased chance of +2/+3' I used to get 30-40% of items to +14. How do people make tradable +15 items now

Thursday, March 26th 2015, 10:08pm

Quoted from "TheAngeI"

+15 especialy items upgraded with runes are easy.
Pro till +5
CR till +12
dro+rop2 till +14 ( when ruin to +10 again CR to +12 and repeat untill u get it to +14)
finest for +15
not so costy even if u have very bad luck.
but beyond tht its imposible.
" u can upgrade with hs/dro and rop to +25 " - thts imposible.
Not with this upgrade rate.

Thursday, March 26th 2015, 10:20pm

Quoted from "LudaXD"

agreed with angel making item to plus 15 is not hard ,out of upgrade event i made entire full eva set +15 ,took me onlly 27 rops >.<

wile with deep blue rops i have more hard time for the weapon upgrade,like second dpb gave me +3 eva wand got +18 then nothing back to +15 ;(

Thursday, March 26th 2015, 11:02pm

Quoted from "headlessrogue"

I think the current system was designed to keep players in an never ending upgrading loop to spur more sales. We all know its an unfair system.

If this last patch was supposed to implement a dramatic increase to the to the upgrade system (Master Stones) than I doubt much will ever change. I suggest they meet us half way and create yet another IC item like say Master Runes. To suit their affinity for developing money sucking items, make these Master Rune variable, maybe three different kinds to meet the companies bottomline.

Example:

1. Master Rune 1

• 40% +1
  • 40% no change
  • 20% -1

2. Master Rune 2

• 60% +1
  • 25% no change
  • 15% -1
    3. Master Rune 3

• 80% +1
  • 15% no change
  • 5% -1

They could make them upgrade specific also from +15 to +30. But the idea keeps players from spinning their wheels upgrading while also increasing sales so all parties are meeting halfway and get a semblance of what we all want. Gamigo gets their sales and we get items that work in which we pay for them to do... :thumbup:

Master Stones on top of Master Runes may sound a bit redundant but I will take that over what it is now along with a Character Unbound Scroll/Card or whatever of some kind...

Thursday, March 26th 2015, 11:39pm

Quoted from "TheAngeI"

Why we always have to go to endless IM solution, when something is broken/ doesnt work properly????
What about we return to the begining when some stuffs were easy- upgrading,lvling pots etc and others -hard for obtain like high lvl or maxed sp toon, some 'rare' items etc. This used to be fun in the past and with sure brougth many ppl to play lc.Atm we have the opopsite - not so many ppl around and most of them r unsatisfied about upgrading system.

Friday, March 27th 2015, 12:05am

Quoted from "headlessrogue"

I just don't think they will ever go back to the old days when things were not so profit based. Now we are stuck with their uncompromising Item Mall and all or a great percentage of solutions normally start and stop there...

At least, I think in this case... :(

Friday, March 27th 2015, 12:31pm

Quoted from "ExcallabuR"

Either way with upgrading we, the players should not have to spend £200+ per item to try upgrade them with premium items to have the chance of getting back an item that's lower than we started or spend money on premium items that in the case of master stones go below the upgrade value of their previous product (e.g. a +28 shouldn't go below +25).

Perhaps It should change so that:

• +17 100% up to +17

• +19 70% +1 - 30% no change

• +21 70% +1 - 30% no change

• +23 85% +1 - 15% no change

• +25 90% +1 - 10% no change

• +28 95% +1 - 5% no change

• +30 70% +1 - 30% no change

And... Say you have a +17 item, you use a +21 MS on it I think you should get a 100% +1 up to +19 then the 70/30 likewise if you use +25 after that 100%+1 up to +23. So should we choose to spend more on a master stone we can upgrade without fail up to the + of the previous stone.

For more clarification... If you have a +17 Item and you purchase +30 Master Stones, you will get a guaranteed +1 up to +28. that's still 33,000IC for Gamigo, and players get the benefits of the system, there is nothing stopping them using a lower grade master stone if they want... You can still limit the stone availability as you please (5 per account of each type or whatever takes your fancy)... and then when they have a +28 it would be harder for them to achieve +30.

And please also put in an unbind item for 15,000IC (Max).

-Eze
EzeEle 185 True Elementalist - EzeAssasin 16x Ex-Assassin - EzeArcher 16x Archer - EzeNS 16x NightShadow

• Activate Facebook

ExcallabuR

Rising Star

Monday, 20. July 2015, 18:09

Friday, March 27th 2015, 12:39pm

Quoted from "TheAngeI"

Why should cost 15k ic to make ur item not bouded,lol?
aint this too much???

Friday, March 27th 2015, 12:52pm

Quoted from "Aynyara"

15k to unbind an item when you could just spend 2.5k and get rid of the entire toon? I think if there was an unbound item it would be more reasonably priced at the 2-3k mark.

Friday, March 27th 2015, 1:20pm

Quoted from "ExcallabuR"

15k is just something I'd be willing to spend. It's less IC than I would spend on materials to upgrade an item to +15... if they put it in for less that's a bonus and I wouldn't argue... cheaper is always better... But I wouldn't pay more than 15k IC per item to unbind it (I have altered my post to say 15k IC max). Ultimately its up to Gamigo what they deem the item to be worth. Could be nice to put it at 8,900 IC which is £19.99.

Sunday, April 19th 2015, 9:37pm

Quoted from "Lavy"

1. We need better upgrade chances
  2. Unbound item in IM or remove the bounding system would be nice.
  3. A npc that can exchange HS for runes and runes to HS (let's say 1 hs for 1 blue rune and 2 hs for 1 Red rune).

Monday, April 20th 2015, 12:59am

Quoted from "ANGEL"

U can get easy PRO, DRO and HS as a drops from certain mobs. The rate is very good, so an npc to exchange them is useless.
But I'm agree - WE DO NEED BETTER UPGRADING SYSTEM.

Thursday, April 23rd 2015, 4:35am

Quoted from "Thor"

[Suggestion] Remove -1 from masterstones before they become junk
Increase the price of masterstones if necessary but it will be wise to remove the -1 decrease from all masterstone before they become junk!!

Thursday, April 23rd 2015, 8:40am

Quoted from "ExcallabuR"

Already been discussed on the suggestions thread I posted but I'm still all for the removal of -1 or inclusion but based on the rates that have been discussed in the thread of mine Upgrade Material Enhancement Rates

Thursday, April 23rd 2015, 10:51am

Quoted from "Thor"

Similar to JPS which becomes successful after many attempts when melding rare high level jewels without ever losing the jewels, masterstones should be designed to be give successful upgrade after many attempts but without decreasing the existing upgrade of the gear.

Thursday, April 23rd 2015, 12:54pm

Quoted from "Thor"

Personally I have nothing against durability, gears becoming character bound after using ms nor the price of items in shop but I am dead against the -1 possibility with masterstone upgrade.

Wednesday, May 13th 2015, 10:16am

Quoted from "Thor"

Quoted from "ExcallabuR"

I used 6 Golden Runes with DRO's got all ruin/decreased to +20 bar the last one which gave a +1...

So then... 3 more +25 Master Stones from +21 it went (-1) +20/ no change/(-1) +19.

Yay for Gamigo... not so much for me... would have had more enjoyment out of burning the £97 i just spent on stuff...

Why pay for premium items if you just get back less than you spend... Gamigo make it worse for the buyers as we pay to get better and we only decrease our stuff... while they make a lot of money... You should not allow master stones to drop items below the original + of the stone if you are going to have such poor odds (In fact you shouldn't have a decrease at all).

So lets total that up a bit... however many DRO's and runes to get the item to +11

• 5+17's - 7,495IC
  • 7+19's (not in game... lets assume +21 prices) - 11,193IC
  • 2+21's - 3,198IC
  • 13+ +25's (going to say 13 could have been more like 15) - 22,087IC
  • 5+28's (Not in game... lets assume 1,899 IC) - 9,495IC
  • 6 Golden Runes - 1,497IC
  • 6 DRO's - 2,994IC
    GRAND TOTAL 57,959IC (£99.99 = 49,000 IC and 8,900 for £19.99 so that's roughly £120...)

Thats £120... for 8 +1's in the end...

• I forgot +23 Master Stones too! I don't remember how many i used of those... most likely about 5 so that is probably another 9k or so IC so in the end almost £140 for 8+'s (after +11...so thats + whatever else i used to get the item to +11 which was over 15 DRO's from +6)

Can you be more clear regarding what was the final upgrade you got on your gear after spending £140
?

Wednesday, May 13th 2015, 11:03am

Quoted from "Thor"

Can you be more clear regarding what was the final upgrade you got on your gear after spending £ 140
?

Quoted from "ExcallabuR"

From +11 to +19 for that post.

I then used another 8 or more +25's to get to +25 (cant remember exactly as it was a while ago, could have been a fair few more than 8 ).

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ExcallabuR" (24. July 2015, 16:57)

• Activate Facebook