You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Last Chaos Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Carackas

Rising Star

• "Carackas" is male
  • "Carackas" started this thread

Date of registration: 11. July 2015

Monday, 17. August 2015, 17:29

Merchant Question

Can Someone elaborate for me what type of items can or cannot be sold through the registered Merchant program and the regular merchant program? Any differences, advantages etc...

• Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

SirHansford

Rising Star

Date of registration: 13. July 2015

Monday, 17. August 2015, 19:01

As a registered merchant you are able to sell and trade many items that a regular merchant can not. Including xpbs, spbs, PBIs, and PSSPs to name just a few. That's about the only real advantage. This system was implemented to help avoid credit card fraud from the gold sellers.

However, on a side note, (to any officials that might read this) having the lower lvl limit of 50 seems perfectly fine while the upper lvl of 55 to learn the skill is rather pointless for the purpose of stopping fraud and only makes it difficult for higher lvl people that were above lvl 55 when the new system was implemented as they can not merch items and have their XP pets cooling down at the same time. I do realize we have a 2nd avenue of farming 20 mill sio affinty to do it but that seems a bit ridiculous just to be able to sell items we purchase. If there is an added advantage of protection of having an upper lvl limit of 55, can someone please explain it to me? But that's just my humble opinion. It's been like that for a good while now and we've learned to live with it but it would sure be nice to see it change to having no upper cap. Good day :)

HINDER 185 Ranger / SirHansford 182 Temple Knight / ZiggyStardust 185 Specalist / Elephantalist 168 Elementalist
  • Activate Facebook

Carackas

Rising Star

• "Carackas" is male

Monday, 17. August 2015, 23:59

Registered Merch Info

Thankyou for your information SirHansford. I wish I could answer your inquiry but I don't know the answer to that question. I would assume that there is a good reason why the window of opportunity to become a registered Merchant is as narrow as it is.

One other thing I have noticed is when I try to sell certain weapons or items I will get a message telling me that it is either an unauthorized item or my level is to low. The latter reason is interesting...are there some items that cannot be sold unless my merchant has reached a certain level?

I was hoping that all these questions would be answered here so I don't inundate the forum with like topic questions as separate threads.

• Activate Facebook

ANGEL.

Rising Star

• "ANGEL." is female

Date of registration: 10. July 2015

Tuesday, 18. August 2015, 00:53

u cant sell in merchant mode certain weps like the one u get from guardianship (lvl 21),phoenix items ,weps/armors from elem.bosses , lower lvl crafted weps from randol aff etc...
Any of these weps r not storable either.
Some items r characther bounded and this is the only reason u cant sell them.
So basicly it has nothing to do with merchant proffesion.

ANGEL - 185 witch / TigerLily - 185 Archwiz / PeterPan - 185 assasin - LC USA

• Activate Facebook

Carackas

Rising Star

• "Carackas" is male

Wednesday, 19. August 2015, 03:08

Merchant Questions

ty Angel for the info...that makes alot of sense...still dont know what the message "Level not High enough" means but I'm sure I will find that out in due time
Thank you all for your help!

• Activate Facebook

Date of registration: 21. July 2015

Wednesday, 19. August 2015, 16:18

I get that message when I try to sell things located in an expired inventory bag.

• Activate Facebook

ken389

• "ken389" is male

Date of registration: 22. July 2015

Thursday, 20. August 2015, 13:52

Pretty much if you get it with IC you need to be a merch to sell it and if it drops in game anyone can sell it and also ya watch a expired bag and trying to sell it from the inventory bag 1 and 2

Feel My Reflect
  • Activate Facebook

Carackas

Rising Star

• "Carackas" is male

Thursday, 20. August 2015, 16:30

Merch Message

Thankyou Genesis and Ken 389...that answers all my questions!! Ken, thats an interesting avatar you have there...lol! See you guys around Iris and thank you all Again!!

• Activate Facebook

Date of registration: 20. August 2015

Thursday, 20. August 2015, 22:36

I agree with the part what is the point of having lvl 55 cap to learn the merchant profession? Especially for people who had their character above lvl 55 when the merchant system was implemented. So why not just remove that cap?? What is the benefit of this lvl.55 cap?

• Activate Facebook

Date of registration: 21. July 2015

Friday, 21. August 2015, 00:21

So they sell more Affinity Boosters!

huehuehue

• Activate Facebook

Welfare

• "Welfare" is male

Date of registration: 30. July 2015

Friday, 21. August 2015, 00:35

I agree with the part what is the point of having lvl 55 cap to learn the merchant profession? Especially for people who had their character above lvl 55 when the merchant system was implemented. So why not just remove that cap?? What is the benefit of this lvl.55 cap?

As someone said before, people were using merch mode purely when Maxie's were down. In the short run it doesn't seem like much, but over a month period that's a lot of AFK experience. A companies job is to make money, and if people can afk 30%+ a day then that's a lot of lost sales, so when they implemented it it solved two problems. People leveling too fast/doing absolutely nothing to level & people committing fraud against the system. People now can't CD their Maxie's as easily because you'd have to have another computer with another toon just to sell your items while your Maxie cooled down on your main, but instead people usually just hop to their merch toon when going to bed/afk, which stops Maxie from CD because you're not on the toon with Maxie.

Just go ham and grind out those 20m affinity for maximum results.
  • Activate Facebook

LudaXD

Rising Star

• "LudaXD" is male

Friday, 21. August 2015, 02:29

why it wasnt implemented on time we can all blame Aeria

wellfare you wanna say we all need 2 pc ? you cant have merchant toon on the same acount where is your main toon ?
and when exp pets are on cool down by default we all go afk ?
remember there was times when we didnt even have those exp pets ,maybe exp potions and boosters were cheaper ,but we didnt depend from exp pet i dont see why we need too now when the exp is better

in the end nothing stop you to register items for sale in trading agent with merchant toon (not that the registration feee is too high)that is on same acount as your main and to log back on your main toon and cool down your exp pet

we have and 20 milion sio points option to be merchant ,so wile your pet cd you can spend some time farming that affinity ,step by step you will make it ,now that thers even guild skill for bonus affinity ,im not saying 20 milion sio points is little to do ,but if someone wanna gona do it

• Activate Facebook

Welfare

• "Welfare" is male

Date of registration: 30. July 2015

Friday, 21. August 2015, 04:15

why it wasnt implemented on time we can all blame Aeria

wellfare you wanna say we all need 2 pc ? you cant have merchant toon on the same acount where is your main toon ?
and when exp pets are on cool down by default we all go afk ?
remember there was times when we didnt even have those exp pets ,maybe exp potions and boosters were cheaper ,but we didnt depend from exp pet i dont see why we need too now when the exp is better

in the end nothing stop you to register items for sale in trading agent with merchant toon (not that the registration feee is too high)that is on same acount as your main and to log back on your main toon and cool down your exp pet

we have and 20 milion sio points option to be merchant ,so wile your pet cd you can spend some time farming that affinity ,step by step you will make it ,now that thers even guild skill for bonus affinity ,im not saying 20 milion sio points is little to do ,but if someone wanna gona do it

Hey Luda, I think you misunderstood my point and the tone of the text. I was simply stating that the purpose of merchant mode becoming 20m sio or 50-55 profession was to reduce the number of people afk'ing after using Maxie. I know most don't, but a significant portion did. As for the account thing, there is nothing wrong with having two SEPERATE accounts logged in at once, I also understand there was a time before Maxie's, but this wasn't implemented then. I truly do understand many players play the game, and don't just afk for Maxie CD.

In the simplest form, and what I was trying to get at was, the new requirements are to maximise profits and minimise fraud. There is nothing wrong with that.
  • Activate Facebook

LudaXD

Rising Star

• "LudaXD" is male

Friday, 21. August 2015, 04:21

ah oke if you ment that ,then my bad ,im srry for the missunderstanding ( is kinda late here ,that gona be my excuse >.> )

one more time apologies

• Activate Facebook