You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Last Chaos Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Bubbalicious" started this thread

Date of registration: 17. July 2015

Friday, 11. September 2015, 17:10

[Suggestion] Re-vamp of the Elemental Boss system

We've all been there, looking for the Elemental bosses, and they're simply not there (particularly annoying for those who have the first-time quests who, when they find help, find the bosses aren't there), having spoken to a few people, I've come up with an alternative system to the current Elemental Boss system, details are as follows:

1: Make each Elemental Boss quest (after the first-time Quest) a DAILY instead of repeatable, and increase the given EXP by 100-200%
2: Remove ALL Elemental Boss spawns, instead the Daily Quest would give an item to use at a specific location on each relevant map to summon the Boss, which have a 24-hour time limit to use before disappearing from the player's inventory (the same kind of items used for the Mondshine entry Quests)
3: Make the bosses each give 1 EXP and 1 SXP when killed, and remove all drops, instead, add a SP reward of 10-20 to the Daily Quest, and alter the reward items upon completion (see below)

Quest Reward alteration idea:

Standard repeatable rewards, with the option of various kinds of "goodie" bags (5 goodie bags per reward) which contain the various items the bosses normally drop, a Jewel goodie bag for those wanting Jewels, an Upgrade goodie bag for those wanting upgrade items, etc.

Advantages: Removes the main exploit which was being used by some to gain unfair advantages, also helps to hinder the AFK Pet levelers that are seen on the spawns every day. Also prevents the possibility of bosses being camped all day by certain individuals/groups. Also provides a daily option to those grinding from 166-175, where there's little else to do than grind if the bosses aren't up. Also clears up the 185 "monsters" in low-level zones.

Disadvantages: Possible large swing of items, (most likely a flood of certain kinds of items such as Upgrade Runes), will slow down those who spend large amounts of time Element Boss hunting. A KS'd boss could potentially ruin a person's daily - solved by giving the Quest NPC the option for those who have the unfinished Quest the option to acquire another summon item, provided one isn't already in their inventory.

This is what I hope would be a full working system, feel free to point out if I've missed anything, also, say whether or not you like the idea! (Thanks to those I've spoken to for helping me get more details into this)

• Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook