You are not logged in.

Criticism | Events

Dear visitor, welcome to Last Chaos Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Elusive

• "Elusive" started this thread

Date of registration: 21. July 2015

Sunday, 1. November 2015, 16:15

Events

The quality of events seems to have taken a nose dive.

I deleted everything after this sentence because when I got to the "200% Upgrade Event, i was shocked that I knew this much profanity.

Seriously? You call that an an upgrade event?

• Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

Ereshkigal

Rising Star

Sunday, 1. November 2015, 16:30

If you're only complaint is the upgrade event how can you say the quality has gone down? There are quite a few good quality events that are run and I've personally had good luck with upgrade events so I have no complaints about them. If you're going to complain about event quality you're going to need to elaborate on the specific events and how you think they could be improved.

• Activate Facebook

Vilya

Community Manager (en)

• "Vilya" is female

Date of registration: 3. September 2014

Sunday, 1. November 2015, 16:51

You do realize the 200% upgrade event has not been run yet today?

It is scheduled for noon to 1pm EST.

Vilya
Community Manager EN/PL
Homepage | Support|
Facebook | Discord Chat
  • Activate Facebook

Ereshkigal

Rising Star

Sunday, 1. November 2015, 16:53

You do realize the 200% upgrade event has not been run yet today?

It is scheduled for noon to 1pm EST.

I was assuming he meant the last one that ran but even still if hes going to critique an event he could at least explain why its bad and offer ways to improve it.
  • Activate Facebook

Elusive

Sunday, 1. November 2015, 18:03

as for the upgrade, I was talking about the one just passed. And, as for the upgrade, there are only two options.... work or not work. The principle of an upgrade event is obviously to make the odds in our favor... work or not work.

If you also need credentials, I joined the LC the first month after it left beta. I have upgraded many weps and armor. Some failed, the majority did not. The upgrade that passed, was, a dismal failure and others have said the same.

The profanity comment stands on its own. (btw, no mention of halloween candy prizes... plz refer to the profanity comment. :0)

• Activate Facebook

Vilya

Community Manager (en)

• "Vilya" is female

Date of registration: 3. September 2014

Sunday, 1. November 2015, 18:14

Upgrade events simply increase the odds for getting a +1. It does not alter the -1 or no change, nor has it ever.

Your credentials matter little in regards to your lack of information regarding your initial post.

Vilya
Community Manager EN/PL
Homepage | Support|
Facebook | Discord Chat
  • Activate Facebook

Carackas

Rising Star

• "Carackas" is male

Date of registration: 11. July 2015

Monday, 2. November 2015, 17:39

Events

Elusive, not to criticize you, but....gamigo has been increasing the frequency and types of events since its take over. The variety in itself is an improvement. I have my favorites and some that I dont care for and don't participate in. Thats the beauty of playing a game that has a staff that is always looking for more ways to satisfy there customers. A large variety of events to pick and choose from!

I am not a gambler so I don't participate in what I call the heavy risk events. I don't enjoy those type of events but some of my fellow players find it exciting so to you I say...Relax, enjoy the game, and do yourself a favor....make sure you obtain and understand the information available...I have made some serious mistakes posting complaints and info before getting all the facts. Take it from me...its not pleasant realizing you were wrong or inaccurate...in front of God and everyone. :)

• Activate Facebook

Elusive

Tuesday, 3. November 2015, 02:43

Oh I am used to that but thanks for the very nice reply. ;)

I cut short my intended msg because it is easy to fall into a rant and not get the point across. There are worse things in life to show than ignorance. Been guilty of that too. ;)

I haven't tried most of the events No reason, just not interested. But as far as the upgrades, which are more crucial to life or death in game, I do know what I am talking about.

I was and am cautious with upgrading. I took my time and it paid off by getting over that" back and forth. over the hump, drop back 10 yards and punt" dance. Taking my time was not a help in the referred upgrade event.

I will stand by my credentials. (and thanks again for the nice reply. It helps)

• Activate Facebook

Ereshkigal

Rising Star

Tuesday, 3. November 2015, 10:54

If you haven't even tried most of the events then why are you saying event quality has gone down hill? It seems more and more clear each time you make a post here that you are only complaining about Upgrade Events and not getting your desired result. Trying to brag about how long you've played while complaining about an event is rather pointless and you still haven't given reasons why you think its bad or ways to improve it. I broke many things the last upgrade event but also made several items +19 and higher, there is no trick to it there is no magic dance you can do to make things upgrade it either does or it doesn't. Upgrade events are based on chance its not guaranteed that your item is going to upgrade so when it doesn't that is just the chance you are taking.

• Activate Facebook

ANGEL.

Rising Star

• "ANGEL." is female

Date of registration: 10. July 2015

Tuesday, 3. November 2015, 21:54

Upgrade events r always same, its difrent only ur opinion about how it goes.
If u try to upgrade something tht is precious for u, like 180 or 173 wep and u have bad luck and it cost u literaly forune on upgrading stuffs - then the event is bad and so on..
if u try to upgrade itmes tht r useless for u, like low lvl armors and weps , and u dont spend much on the upgrading items (like spamming HS on weps in hope atlest one will get to +15 etc) - then the event its nice. I heard about many ppl who upgraded low items to +20 and further, but unfortunatly I didnt hear for anyone who upgraded 173/180 wep above +20 just by spamming runes. I'm not saying its impossible, just its costy so ppl rather try their luck with hs.
If u r disappointed from upgrade events there is a simple solution - dont upgrade something tht u need it badly - it will cost u alot and the result will be most of the times lame. Enjoy the event by spamming hs on random stuffs and enjoy the results.

ANGEL - 185 witch / TigerLily - 185 Archwiz / PeterPan - 185 assasin - LC USA

• Activate Facebook

Ereshkigal

Rising Star

Tuesday, 3. November 2015, 22:49

My NS has an entire +15 set from spamming runes during an upgrade, same with my witch. No one is going to spam runes or hs on anything they don't want to break they are always going to use ROP which are not affected by an Upgrade event anyways.

• Activate Facebook

Elusive

Wednesday, 4. November 2015, 06:34

It is amazing that most of you have spent your time to criticize me for my opinion of the upgrade event(s) without using the space constructively to offer your own suggestion or experiences? Just because *1* player criticizes an event (not all events...1 event) does not mean there are not others who share the same experiences as I do.

Get off your high horse. There not a single player in this game that is perfect and knows everything. You have anything else to add, how about a detailed How-To on upgrading perfectly.

• Activate Facebook

unavailable

Rising Star

• "unavailable" is male

Date of registration: 14. January 2015

Wednesday, 4. November 2015, 11:52

It is amazing that most of you have spent your time to criticize me for my opinion of the upgrade event(s) without using the space constructively to offer your own suggestion or experiences? Just because *1* player criticizes an event (not all events...1 event) does not mean there are not others who share the same experiences as I do.

Get off your high horse. There not a single player in this game that is perfect and knows everything. You have anything else to add, how about a detailed How-To on upgrading perfectly.

Your first sentence from the post is

Quoted

The quality of events seems to have taken a nose dive.

Which clearly targets all events. Apart from that I achieved what I wanted during upgrade events. We have already offered a suggestion a long time ago after which we got the deep blue rune to prevent weapon downgrade to +10. Rates might not be great but those events help a lot. And to be honest, all you need is a level 75-77 or 85-87 B5E +15 set to level all the way to 170, so you don't really need to upgrade any gear. Eventually just weapons to +13/+15.
  • Activate Facebook

Crossing

Rising Star

• "Crossing" is male

Date of registration: 1. August 2015

Wednesday, 4. November 2015, 13:00

Ereshkigal and ANGEL did offer you experiences from Upgrade Events. Personally, I lost both my 173 and my 180 Xbow from the recent Upgrade Event, but that's just how it is. You win some, you lose some. There is no "How-To guide on Upgrading Perfectly". Either you try to make use of the Upgrade Event, and use Runes/HS on whatever gear you want to upgrade, or you use Rops to make sure that the gear piece won't break.

Both of these methods come with both pros and cons. If you choose to put your trust in the Upgrade Event and don't use Rops, then there is a risk of the gear piece breaking. That is how the Upgrading System works. The Event won't remove the risk of breaking, and it has never been stated to do that either. But IF you put your trust in the Upgrade Event, then you must be aware that there are consequences. It's the same with any bet in life and as I said, you win some and you lose some.

If you absolutely don't want to break that particular gear piece, then there is the option of using Rops, which in turn negates the increased chance for +1 that the Upgrade Event supplies. I am pretty sure this have been confirmed, but if I'm wrong on this (and I admit that it's a very real possibility) then you really have no reason to NOT use Rops during Upgrade Events as a safety measure. I understand that not all players can afford to spend billions upon billions on Rops (myself included) but that still doesn't take anything away from the Event itself. There is nothing wrong with the event, and as far as I know there have never been an Upgrade Event where the risk of gear breaking was completely removed by default without the use of Rops, so how can these recent Upgrade Events have been "a nose dive" if they weren't on higher ground to dive from? ?(
  • Activate Facebook

Elusive

Wednesday, 4. November 2015, 22:51

You assume I didn't use an ROP. You assume wrong. I have never broken a piece of gear and I always use an ROP.

Now, if the rest of you have nothing left to do besides pile on the original poster (me) I willl move on.

• Activate Facebook

Ereshkigal

Rising Star

Wednesday, 4. November 2015, 23:05

You assume I didn't use an ROP. You assume wrong. I have never broken a piece of gear and I always use an ROP.

Now, if the rest of you have nothing left to do besides pile on the original poster (me) I willl move on.

People aren't piling on you. Your topic is about criticizing events and your whole complaint is about a singular event, upgrade. Using a ROP during an upgrade event is like using one without an upgrade event there is no change or increase chanced. If you wanted to criticize the event you could have said why it sucked for you and then offered a suggestion as to how it could have been improved you did neither you just said it sucked and all events sucks without anything to support this.
  • Activate Facebook

MaZZaCre

Rising Star

• "MaZZaCre" is female

Date of registration: 13. December 2013

Thursday, 5. November 2015, 18:07

Plot twist: he actually ment the upgrade rate not the event itself D:

A Fairy Tale FULL HD | \_/ carecup, its empty ~
  • Activate Facebook

Friday, 6. November 2015, 01:32

...there is the option of using Rops, which in turn negates the increased chance for +1 that the Upgrade Event supplies.
Using a ROP during an upgrade event is like using one without an upgrade event there is no change or increase chanced.
I always use an ROP.
That is all.
  • Activate Facebook