You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Last Chaos Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Vilya

Community Manager (en)

• "Vilya" is female
  • "Vilya" started this thread

Date of registration: 3. September 2014

Friday, 5. February 2016, 00:43

Work in Unity

Hello community!

In the presentation of our category Acta Diurna, we said that these messages will discuss of interesting topics that bring together our unity.

I want to see with you on this point, to explain in more detail the term "unit" and also explain how the things are set up so that everyone can correspond.

For those who do not know, we're not all employees working at gamigo office in Germany. In fact, even the team who work in Germany is separated into several city. The main office "parent" of gamigo is located in Hamburg. Then there are the "Appendices" offices who are located (for some examples) in Berlin and Münster.

Previously, we announced that our unit had three games that are Kings and Legends, LastChaos and War2Glory.

In terms of geography, we have game offices also in Hamburg and in Berlin.

So how are we doing to work together without being?

It could be really difficult because in addition to not being in the same office, our team includes employees like me who are in a different country.

Currently I live in France, so I have the same time zone as Germany but it is not the same for all of my colleagues.
In our group, in addition to a geographical distance we also have a time zone difference with some of our contributors.
It is an important parameter to consider in the organization of our work (eg for meetings).

The staff like me are called Freelancer. You can work in the localisation of our choice, to travel, and we are even able to work from our bed.

It's good, no? : D

In fact, we are not related to any office, even if we can get there if we wish.

All things that we need for work is a computer and an internet connection. Although our computer must be powerful enough to be able to execute our tools at the same time as the games.

What are the means put in place to ensure the communication?

First, you should to know that the company offers us the means to work well.
At our disposal we have a voice server, a skype and professional messaging.
These three tools that form our main communication or "direct". Of course, there are communications that can be called secondary or "no-direct" via the ticketing tools as you recently discovered in the acta diurna.

Our voice server is used for meetings. As community manager, we also use it for working with our volunteer team. Besides being useful for clear and quick communication, it offers the advantage of obtaining a more human side to the work we do.

Then there are the skype conferences and emails.

The mail is the way the most "safe" that we have. I mean, it is very easy to miss informations with Skype, this is why we use it for small things and not the big.

With email, everyone gets the information concerning him. We are classified by the games that we manage.

The managers for Kal have the informations for Kal, the managers for War2 have the informations for War2 and the managers for LC have the informations for LC.

But if our information are separated, can we say that we are really working together?

Yes we can. It is normal for every managers to do not receive all informations about all different games, because anyway it will classify himself these email as a spam.

Ask for a test service for LC is of no interest by example for a manager War2.
We have different projects but we are working to the same set, which is why we also have in common activities and mutual aid.
If you want an example of activity, you are just reading one - yes, yes the Acta diurna is one of them.

In terms of service, we are many and together we are able to speak many languages. This is a valuable resource when someone is not there because we can always get a translation or something small for the respective community. All have not yet a team with many volunteers for help.

Between community managers, we often discuss of things like how we work with our volunteers, events run, what things are put in place to achieve our goals, we help each other a lot and each have a different approach because of the game and experience, all this things always make very constructive discussion. Of course if we manage the same game or not, whatever!

There are still many things to say but let's leave that for maybe another time.

Commanders, heroes and adventurers I wish you at all a nice game.

Thanks for reading me!

Regards,
Yahzrog
... written in French by Yahzrog (Community Manager of Last Chaos)
... English translation by Yahzrog (Community Manager of Last Chaos)
  • Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook