You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Last Chaos Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Carackas

Rising Star

• "Carackas" is male
  • "Carackas" started this thread

Date of registration: 11. July 2015

Tuesday, 15. November 2016, 18:30

Guild Master Replacement

What are the rules and steps to Guild Master Replacement. Here is the scenario: Guild master has been absent for seven days. 1. What is the minimum number of days a GM can be absent before replacement can be initiated. 2. What are the steps to making this change?

• Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

SirHansford

Rising Star

Date of registration: 13. July 2015

Wednesday, 16. November 2016, 07:13

Only GAs can assume the position via this process. You can begin the process after 7 days of the GM not logging in. You simply take the toon to the Royal Guard Captain and select the option there to take over the guild master position. I can't remember how long it takes to transfer but it's not long. A matter of a day or two maybe, if that. There are no real rules about it. Just the mechanics in place to do the switching after X number of days absent. With that being said, I do believe there is an etiquette about it, or one that I observe anyways, as do my GAs. I cerainly wouldn't take a guild or want mine taken over if I went on a 2 week vacation or something of the sort. Which is why i choose my GAs carefully. I know they wouldn't do this. I feel 7 days is a bit short to just take over a guild. Especially now that all members have the ability to set and unset their donation values. Anyways, I think you get the gist.

HINDER 185 Ranger / SirHansford 182 Temple Knight / ZiggyStardust 185 Specalist / Elephantalist 168 Elementalist

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "SirHansford" (16. November 2016, 07:19)

• Activate Facebook

MujharCarillon

Rising Star

• "MujharCarillon" is male

Date of registration: 18. July 2015

Wednesday, 16. November 2016, 08:47

SirHansford, when a GA has decided to take over the GM position, and has started the process, the GM has 24 hours to log in, and stop it. If the GM doesn't stop it, within the 24 hour period, the GA gets to be GM.

With me, though, when I took over KOTOR, Bonecrusher999 had wanted me to have the guild, anyway. So there wasn't any problem with me swiping it, from him.

"Can You Dance Like The Crew? Can You Do What We Do? Check It Out When We're Through. And Don't Forget That Our Moves Are True."

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "MujharCarillon" (18. November 2016, 15:09)

• Activate Facebook

Crossing

Rising Star

• "Crossing" is male

Date of registration: 1. August 2015

Thursday, 17. November 2016, 14:44

I remember back when I took over EstaNation, I had to send a Ticket to Aeria and ask them to move the GM position to me, but this was mainly due to the fact that the GM and both GAs had went and gotten themselves permanently banned, so it was impossible for us to transfer the GM position in any other way.

On a side note, this was towards the end of Aeria's reign of LC US. I'm not sure if Gamigo would be as willing to help move the GM position from one player to another, even if the situation was the same and no other option was available for the guild. ?(

• Activate Facebook

Carackas

Rising Star

• "Carackas" is male
  • "Carackas" started this thread

Date of registration: 11. July 2015

Friday, 18. November 2016, 00:35

Changing GMs

Thank you all for your input. To clarify this particular instance, The active GM had notified me that she would not be able to continue in her capacity as the GM of our guild and was unable to get to her computer so I needed to know how to do this without her presence.
The additional insight into the protocols and etiquette involved when changes like this are considered is a very important part of this issue and I appreciate it being brought up. Fortunately, in this case, there were no breaches of protocol as a result of this action.
Once again, Thank you all for your insights.
Carackas

• Activate Facebook

MujharCarillon

Rising Star

• "MujharCarillon" is male

Date of registration: 18. July 2015

Friday, 18. November 2016, 15:10

You're welcome, Carakas. :)

"Can You Dance Like The Crew? Can You Do What We Do? Check It Out When We're Through. And Don't Forget That Our Moves Are True."
  • Activate Facebook