You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Last Chaos Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

PRIMEX

• "PRIMEX" started this thread

Date of registration: 20. July 2015

Sunday, 11. June 2017, 19:06

Duplicate Icons

Should Icons be Unique

A total of 28 Votes have been submitted.

71%

They Should Be Unique to each item (20)

29%

Icons are fine as Is (8)

Dear Mr. New Developer,

I know you have been hard at work making "LC great again", but please when new items are introduced in game, Try not to regurgitate the same icons for items already in use especially if they are going to be same colour. This spells trouble for players.

No way Should Extreme Stone (value:50Mil) and Safe Upgrade Stone (Value: 10 Bil) have the same icon.
The same goes for Unbind Stone and Book of unmelding. I'm sure there are a few others.

This can be very frustrating for players as well as cause huge loss in game.

Thanks.

On Behalf of Frustrated Inutians.

Ie. Atleast add a splash of colour :)
PRIMEX has attached the following image:
  • 9.png

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "PRIMEX" (12. June 2017, 05:23)

• Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

• "GoldenGriff" is male

Date of registration: 18. May 2017

Sunday, 11. June 2017, 19:11

Mad Support, Accidentally sold Safe-Upgrade-Stone for 50Mil, because I was under the impression it was an Extreme Stone. Lost 10b because of you. $100 very well spent... hahaha

• Activate Facebook

PRIMEX

Sunday, 11. June 2017, 20:46

Look at Jeni and Shinning trolling post... Jeni go ask all of Apocalypse to vote No.

• Activate Facebook

• "NightCurb" is male

Date of registration: 4. May 2016

Sunday, 11. June 2017, 21:15

I mean if you actually look at the item and read what said item is before you buy or sell then there would be no problem. If people was not so lazy they would know that the item was wrongly priced. This is why you should always check your shops 2-3 times before you actually open it. Stop trying to blame the developers for your mistakes. The icon is only there for your convenience and your convenience only. :)

• Activate Facebook

plserino

Date of registration: 16. July 2015

Sunday, 11. June 2017, 21:19

I mean if you actually look at the item and read what said item is before you buy or sell then there would be no problem. If people was not so lazy they would know that the item was wrongly priced. This is why you should always check your shops 2-3 times before you actually open it. Stop trying to blame the developers for your mistakes. The icon is only there for your convenience and your convenience only. :)

+1
  • Activate Facebook

PRIMEX

Sunday, 11. June 2017, 21:34

Not for my convenience only. Iconography is very important. How many times do you go into your inventory and read the the name of a potion or item that you use? You rarely do because you associate the icon with a very specific function. When you have same icons with multiple functions, this can lead to confusion. When you see heaven stone icon you automatically know its function without thinking twice or needing to read the description.

Just as important in game as is it is in the real world. you dont have Safety symbols or hazard signs having the same icons for a reason.
  • Activate Facebook

• "GoldenGriff" is male

Monday, 12. June 2017, 03:47

I mean if you actually look at the item and read what said item is before you buy or sell then there would be no problem. If people was not so lazy they would know that the item was wrongly priced. This is why you should always check your shops 2-3 times before you actually open it. Stop trying to blame the developers for your mistakes. The icon is only there for your convenience and your convenience only.
Quoted from "NightCurb"

I mean if you actually look at the item and read what said item is before you buy or sell then there would be no problem. If people was not so lazy they would know that the item was wrongly priced. This is why you should always check your shops 2-3 times before you actually open it. Stop trying to blame the developers for your mistakes. The icon is only there for your convenience and your convenience only.
+1
Not even the fact that I do check my shops at least twice before I open, but why would I sell a 10b item for 50m? I wouldn't? NEITHER WOULD YOU? Simple fact of the matter here is ignorance because you haven't been in this specific position and if you have, then try to remember how you felt spending $100 + on a game to only get *messed* over *removed, please see PM*
if there is even more than one dev...

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Vilya" (12. June 2017, 17:06) with the following reason: Violation, language and Terms 5, point 5.9

• Activate Facebook

Pandia

Monday, 12. June 2017, 08:30

Not for my convenience only. Iconography is very important. How many times do you go into your inventory and read the the name of a potion or item that you use? You rarely do because you associate the icon with a very specific function. When you have same icons with multiple functions, this can lead to confusion.

+1
  • Activate Facebook

unavailable

Rising Star

• "unavailable" is male

Date of registration: 14. January 2015

Monday, 12. June 2017, 10:33

Not for my convenience only. Iconography is very important. How many times do you go into your inventory and read the the name of a potion or item that you use? You rarely do because you associate the icon with a very specific function. When you have same icons with multiple functions, this can lead to confusion. When you see heaven stone icon you automatically know its function without thinking twice or needing to read the description.

Just as important in game as is it is in the real world. you dont have Safety symbols or hazard signs having the same icons for a reason.

Yet still.....if there is a sign on the road with a label under it, you read the label. anyway...no different in-game.

This still doesn't change the fact that when setting up a shop, you need to click / hover over the items to put it into the shop so you see the name clearly. I don't know about you but I always double check the prices before I open the shop, not to mention that its different items so if you had both in your inventory those would be in 2 separate stacks. It is your own responsibility to check what you sell and for how much. See this as a lesson.

I see the icons fine as they are, don't ask the developer to change something because you fail to read the label.
  • Activate Facebook

PRIMEX

Monday, 12. June 2017, 13:16

Una you missed the point totally. The point is!! You DONT have different Saftey Signs having the SAME ICON with different labels. I am absolutely certain that you don't look at the name of Heaven Stone before you place it in a shop! Because the icon of the item is UNIQUE and you know exactly what it is and how it should be priced.

This has personally never happened to me but I have heard of players making the mistake like example goldengriff.

I raised an eyebrow from the first introduction of Safe Stone with same icon as Extreme Stone. of all the hundreds of colours why does it look the same when its two different items.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "PRIMEX" (12. June 2017, 13:25)

• Activate Facebook

Bran

Rising Star

• "Bran" is male

Date of registration: 10. July 2015

Monday, 12. June 2017, 16:31

Novel that will anger people

So, Prim raises an eyebrow at the extreme stone icon... grumpygiraffe sells a 10b worth stone for 50m (cause he doesn't read...)

There is an elemental boss item that the boss drops that looks same as master stone (sapphire icon), there is the stone of life icon that is used for one of the boss drops too, there is the 6 soul spirit boxes, all share the same icon, but... wait for it.... :| different name... and you really look with extra caution when you buy wep boxes. There is umm, the mad martin drop that shares same icon as golden rop, there is the medal of mercenary u get in Alber that looks same as certification of guardianship... should I continue the list...

I didn't like it either, if it was 1000 items, then I'd complain, but its like 2-6 things that have same icons out of thousands of items, and now when some dude who's lazy to read stuff he puts in shop, he sells it for 50m, and prim, his maybe self appointed lawyer(or grumpygiraffe appointed him), makes an elephant out of a fly cause of some dudes laziness to read what he puts in shop cause he was too sleepy, too exhausted,, drunk, feelin like he's in another universe, and settin up shop in these conditions. It's suddenly the fault of others. :|

I wanna know, where were u guys when mad martins icon looks same as gold rop and people tried to sell it for the price of gold rop, and I've seen people try... and people didn't fall for it cause they move their mouse over the item to read the name of the item, same is when buying soul spirit wep boxes in peoples shop. Who knows, maybe he put some gloves or helm or shirt or pants among those 10 items, but you don't believe it's all wep boxes so you move your mouse over all 10 items and see its all wep boxes.

I mean, really o.o where were u guys then...
It's one guy who does this mistake and prim goes wild with all the topics and voting and stuff 8o
I speak sarcasm as a 2nd language.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcENL_Vdoqw <---The best Walking Dead episode ever! :D
  • Activate Facebook

ANGEL.

Rising Star

• "ANGEL." is female

Date of registration: 10. July 2015

Monday, 12. June 2017, 17:25

There is an elemental boss item that the boss drops that looks same as master stone (sapphire icon), there is the stone of life icon that is used for one of the boss drops too, there is the 6 soul spirit boxes, all share the same icon, but... wait for it.... :| different name... and you really look with extra caution when you buy wep boxes. There is umm, the mad martin drop that shares same icon as golden rop, there is the medal of mercenary u get in Alber that looks same as certification of guardianship... should I continue the list...

I wanna know, where were u guys when mad martins icon looks same as gold rop and people tried to sell it for the price of gold rop, and I've seen people try... and people didn't fall for it cause they move their mouse over the item to read the name of the item, same is when buying soul spirit wep boxes in peoples shop. Who knows, maybe he put some gloves or helm or shirt or pants among those 10 items, but you don't believe it's all wep boxes so you move your mouse over all 10 items and see its all wep boxes.

It's one guy who does this mistake and prim goes wild with all the topics and voting and stuff 8o

Maybe more ppl would complain of it if lc wasn't so empty...
Not sure where u were when ppl tried to sell lvl 1 gem as ms +17 because icons looks very similar - there were ppl complain about it back then too.
I don't think it takes much time and effort to change the colour of any icon and make it unique.
Fui tokens from alber r not tradable/storable.. maybe thts why none tried sell them as COG yet :whistling:

ANGEL - 185 witch / TigerLily - 185 Archwiz / PeterPan - 185 assasin - LC USA
  • Activate Facebook

PRIMEX

Monday, 12. June 2017, 18:26

Bran you do realize this thread was for the new Dev. Duplicate icons have been happening for sometime now, yes, it is not new. And like you clearly said there are players who try to capitalize on these things. People always complain about it, but most don't say anything about it (or come to the forums) because people take the approach that it is a free to play and you must take what you get. Let us be done with the forums then if you cant raise valid suggestions without being under fire.

I have tried the doing nothing approach for years, so now I'm trying to do something. The only thing I can do is voice my opinion in the medium designated for me to do so. I'm not asking you to vote yes, All I do is try to engage the community to also voice and defend their opinion.
I only called two people out, because I know they deliberately tried to Troll this thread.

No they wont change what's already done, but perhaps when more new content comes we can have them looking fresh off Photoshop? idk Wishful thinking maybe? :whistling:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "PRIMEX" (12. June 2017, 18:40)

• Activate Facebook

• "GoldenGriff" is male

Monday, 12. June 2017, 18:49

So, Prim raises an eyebrow at the extreme stone icon... grumpygiraffe sells a 10b worth stone for 50m (cause he doesn't read...)
There is an elemental boss item that the boss drops that looks same as master stone (sapphire icon), there is the stone of life icon that is used for one of the boss drops too, there is the 6 soul spirit boxes, all share the same icon, but... wait for it.... different name... and you really look with extra caution when you buy wep boxes. There is umm, the mad martin drop that shares same icon as golden rop, there is the medal of mercenary u get in Alber that looks same as certification of guardianship... should I continue the list...
I didn't like it either, if it was 1000 items, then I'd complain, but its like 2-6 things that have same icons out of thousands of items, and now when some dude who's lazy to read stuff he puts in shop, he sells it for 50m, and prim, his maybe self appointed lawyer(or grumpygiraffe appointed him), makes an elephant out of a fly cause of some dudes laziness to read what he puts in shop cause he was too sleepy, too exhausted,, drunk, feelin like he's in another universe, and settin up shop in these conditions. It's suddenly the fault of others.
It's one guy who does this mistake and prim goes wild with all the topics and voting and stuff
The funny thing is, I don;t even care that I sold it for 50Mil, I think it's hilarious, I have to laugh at myself for really stupid mistakes like that. NO one appointed anyone to anything. Like PRIMEX said, it's a valid suggestion. Don't get angry with us because someone called you out on some BS comment you made. Is it was fly issue or is it the elephant in the room everyone wants to talk about but has no jigglies because of elder members? hmmmmm????

edit; just want to add he was writing the post before I started talking to him about my story. I told him he could use me as a recent example & I even said victimize me so it's hilarious.
  • Activate Facebook

• "Sheogorath" is male

Date of registration: 7. June 2017

Monday, 12. June 2017, 22:04

1st of all: i did NOT read half the posts...
2nd: i agree on the icon change, not only because it gets people mistaken, altho if they had read the description it could be avoided, but still...what's more annoying is, for example, items such as PRS (Platinum Refining Stones" where you can BARELY see if they are opened or not AND if you can see it (the + which means they are open) you have even more problem figuring out what the degree of the + is (+1, +2, +3, +4 or +5) which is ridiculous, i have a good vision but some people have vision problems and cannot decypher it at all... so please, dear comunity managers, game master, and so on so on, if you cannot or wont replace or create new icons here is a sugestion: is it possible for players to create new icons and submit them for aproval to be implemented in-game as replacement to the problematic ones? (of course, it would have to be moderatedly modified only, keeping in mind the shape of the original icon but at the same time be something diferent, not just changing the color)

Waiting for an answer from a higher up to this sugestion!

• Activate Facebook

• "KingOtoko" is male

Date of registration: 19. May 2017

Monday, 12. June 2017, 22:36

1st of all: i did NOT read half the posts...
2nd: i agree on the icon change, not only because it gets people mistaken, altho if they had read the description it could be avoided, but still...what's more annoying is, for example, items such as PRS (Platinum Refining Stones" where you can BARELY see if they are opened or not AND if you can see it (the + which means they are open) you have even more problem figuring out what the degree of the + is (+1, +2, +3, +4 or +5) which is ridiculous, i have a good vision but some people have vision problems and cannot decypher it at all... so please, dear comunity managers, game master, and so on so on, if you cannot or wont replace or create new icons here is a sugestion: is it possible for players to create new icons and submit them for aproval to be implemented in-game as replacement to the problematic ones? (of course, it would have to be moderatedly modified only, keeping in mind the shape of the original icon but at the same time be something diferent, not just changing the color)

Waiting for an answer from a higher up to this sugestion!

That is a great Idea. It should be submitted to some type of special form or forum. Where only GM's can see the posts. The biggest thing I fear is that adding pictures into the game might be more tricky than we assume. Which could explain why pictures are recycled. The game is 10+ years old runs on likely outdated and not to mention foreign code. Something so simple as adding a picture could be exponentially more difficult than a game made fresh today.

Definitely plus one on this idea though. Would love to see a GM or Vilya answer if this is a possibility.
  • Activate Facebook