You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Last Chaos Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "YellowFLash" started this thread

Date of registration: 11. June 2017

Thursday, 15. June 2017, 06:45

SP Farming

71%

No, it's a terrible idea. (15)

29%

Yes that's a great idea. (6)

Firstly Before I get right into this, I would like to Thank Gamigo for successfully building up Last chaos for what it's suppose to be, but there are a few tweaks you guys can do *removed, see PM*.

This Poll is going to be about Sp Farming. Normally when you get to a certain level the best Sp farm would usually be in a dungeon such as Velpist temple, Prokion or temple of forgetfulness and during good old times these dungeons use to give more sp then what Sasquatches give right now unfortunately. SO my suggestion is this, increase the SP farm by just a little because 2 sp a kill isn't that great, and you're only grinding 2hrs to get 2k sp?? I mean yeah grinding is fun, but this is hardcore grinding you basically have to be online a minimal of 2hrs for the whole month to get what sp you want,that also includes the fact that Elizabeth buff doesn't do anything since the sp is capped and the only way to get more then 2 is to buy cash and get a 500% sp scroll. There isn't anything wrong with buying cash for Sp but I would rather sp farm without having to buy alot of cash. Again nothing wrong with that if you people want to spend more then $100 to get the sp you need, but it's way to little and I believe some of you agree to that. If by any chance this suggestion has a 10% of being accepted or applied to the server, increase the sp through the dungeons, because it's much more efficient there(IMO) I believe and plenty of places in the dungeon for everyone to share. (since there is only 2 places you can sp farm for Sasquatches.)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Vilya" (15. June 2017, 14:48) with the following reason: Please see PM.

• Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

• "GoldenGriff" is male

Date of registration: 18. May 2017

Thursday, 15. June 2017, 06:52

Grind or go home... Will, make the game too easy. The game is all about grinding. Also, when you kill something, you don't get 2 sp from a monster. You receive skill point experience. Each skill point is equivalent to 10,000 skill point experience. What i'm doing right now as we speak for very cheap is using 300% Sp spells w/ Elizabeth's buff and Effort scrolls for 31,761 skill point experience a kill, which is 3 skill points a kill.
Pick up and sell for money, at Merchant geres, armor/weapon drops and collect other stuff for bonus items and make extra little money to buy more spells and scrolls!

Also, flopping sp experience bumps like that will inflate certain items because people will farm sp for maxing guilds and other stuff.

• Activate Facebook

Fulminar

Game Admin (en, de, pl, nl)

Date of registration: 10. July 2015

Thursday, 15. June 2017, 07:03

I would like to add the following:

There are certain mobs in game which have a highly increased SP amount which they give.
Example Sasquatches in Juno or Prokion Temple in Dratan, Hecate in Bloody Myr and so on.
The benefit players have now is that they can lock their EXP gain by 100%, this allows you to spend as much time as you want farming SP on those mobs without the risk to out-level them to get as much SP as they would like too :)

Fulminar
Game Admin Last Chaos NA / PL
Homepage | Customer Support | Last Chaos Facebook
Rules | GM Recruiting
  • Activate Facebook

Thursday, 15. June 2017, 07:22

here are certain mobs in game which have a highly increased SP amount which they give.
Example Sasquatches in Juno or Prokion Temple in Dratan

Exactly how much sp are they giving per kill? (Prokion temple)
  • Activate Facebook

JHunter

• "JHunter" is male

Date of registration: 4. June 2017

Thursday, 15. June 2017, 07:49

I believe there is something that should be kept in mind, that many have seem to have forgotten.

Back a few years ago if you wanted your character to be SP farmed you would have to plan an extensive route from level one. EXP could only be capped 50% so no matter how efficient you were, you had to choose between spending a little $$$ or locking 50% every few levels to avoid being SP starved. With little room for error.

Now-a-days players can lock themselves 100% without their GM being present. In addition, the rates on Sasquatches have been raised (along with the other spots, though not as much). Players are now able to SP farm all they need (100k+) without needing to spend a single dollar on the game. Of course, this comes at a cost of our time.

It was stated that money needs to be spent on SP limit scrolls, which is not true. Spending, at most, a month to get ALL of the SP you'll need from level 1 to max is a very low amount of time in the grand scheme of things. SP farming can be done within 1-2 weeks with proper effort, or even done casually as you level up from 1 to max level. Velpist, Prok, Temple of Forgetfulness, Tomb, Hectate, etc all still give the same or more after all. Now with the bonus of 100% lock. No one is forcing you to do it all at Sasquatches.

I believe we have a duty as players to understand when we are being to greedy and when we should be thankful instead. I feel this is one of those cases. We went from being forced to spend money, to being able to do it all for free at the cost of a little time.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "JHunter" (15. June 2017, 08:04)

• Activate Facebook

Thursday, 15. June 2017, 08:36

I believe we have a duty as players to understand when we are being to greedy and when we should be thankful instead. I feel this is one of those cases. We went from being forced to spend money, to being able to do it all for free at the cost of a little time.

Lmao I am defiantly not greedy, and if you read my post, in which you didn't, I mentioned that I am thankful for where the game is at right now, a simple tweak won't blow up the game :). But thank you guys for the response, I now have a bit of a understanding where to look for sp farming apart from just Sasquatches.
  • Activate Facebook

unavailable

Rising Star

• "unavailable" is male

Date of registration: 14. January 2015

Thursday, 15. June 2017, 09:27

There are several ways to get a lot of SP:

Sasquatches are your first. You can lock your exp gain by 100% and farm enough SP on them to last you until 175-185 if you would like.

Prokion Temple - Not as good as sasquatches but a good alternative

Level 60 backpack quest - Gives 1000 SP if you use a Platinum Super Skill Pill you will get 3 x 1000 = 3000 SP

Akan Temple gives very decent SP and EXP

Cube Boss at lv 100 - Every kill of the cube boss gives you 1000 SP not boosted, with PSSP its 3000k

Vladimir mobs give decent SP and Hecate there gives 15 SP per kill

Level 100 Quests - the both give 1000SP as reward, with PSSP its 3000 SP

Then there is a gap....then you can farm at 175 in Ramslo Raid.

• Activate Facebook

• "KingOtoko" is male

Date of registration: 19. May 2017

Thursday, 15. June 2017, 09:36

Ok, in response to Golden. That mind set is a cancer to gamers. We can't just have the negative sorry I had to do it you have to mindset with everything. You drive potential gamers away. Now yes, this game is a 100% grindfest game, most people know that going in. However for the newbies who may just stumble on to this game, there is no replay value. Unless you know from day one you have to spf just about everything you'll never succeed in the game. We need a 100% newbie guide to the game. We should take a stance on attracting players with a positive community versus scaring them away with a dead and hostile environment. If a player stumbles on a forum and sees a low population with a fantastic community they're much more likely to stay versus a low population with dead hostile forums. In LC even attracting 30 more active die-hard mmoers. Breathes a massive life of fresh air into the game. Lets make this community look great. (End Motivational 3am sleep deprived speech)

As for SP I dont believe it should be easier Per se, but rather more engaging. For example allowing sp bonuses to people who level naturally and grind vs plvling to 100, and so on. I.e. Player A grinds 100k sp at sassies in 3 days. Player B prefers to learn the game and level more traditionally, he levels at velpist, then prok, then merac and so on. In some way he should be rewarded for grinding and learning the game. Rather than being penalized for not knowing about SP farming. I don't have all the answers for this suggestion so Idk exactly how he should be rewarded but there should be some incentive.

That entire suggestion could be terrible and if it is I'll retract it but I feel the thought behind it should be expanded upon.

I believe SP needs to be stressed at lvl 1 to new players. Some how be it quest or a tutorial pop up. It NEEDS to be known for a newbie that he will not be able to level comfortably without sp farming or such.

• Activate Facebook

tommzy09

Date of registration: 15. June 2017

Thursday, 15. June 2017, 10:30

What I don't understand is why do Sasquatches (Level 12) give 10,587 skill experience per kill
and yet a much harder to kill monster like Salamander Ruin (Level 50) only gives 1,100 skill experience per kill.
(trust me there are plenty more examples here: Skill Points/SXP - Last Chaos - Guides & Information )

Where is the balance in this?

It's primitive Korean MMO stuff. This should have been fixed back in 2011 but sadly it was not and I cannot fathom why.
There should be decent SP farming mobs for all levels, there shouldn't be the need to lock yourself at 12 and waste your time farming when you can actually try and get into the game and level up while earning great SP along the track.

I can see how this can deter new players from advancing any further. Once they hit level 31, they'll notice they don't have nearly enough sp to upgrade all their skills or once they join a guild, the feel when someone with knowledge lets them know for the first time that they have to "create a new toon, lock xp at level 12 and farm sassys til 100k sp".

In sake of balance and eliminating most of the "sp farm" out of the game, I believe some mobs should have their Skill Experience increased.

Not plenty like Sassys, but a bit more respectable amounts for mobs like Ruin Salamanders and a lot of the other sub-5000 sxp mobs.

It's a game ruining thing for new players and just an annoyance for old schoolers, it shouldn't be this bad.

All i'm saying is that other mobs should get a slight increase in sxp and get them up to reasonable par.

• Activate Facebook

Graut

Rising Star

• "Graut" is male

Date of registration: 10. July 2015

Thursday, 15. June 2017, 10:36

Cube Boss at lv 100 - Every kill of the cube boss gives you 1000 SP not boosted, with PSSP its 3000k

By 3000k, or "three thousand thousand" I'm gonna assume you mean "three thousand". But regardless, the boss doesn't have 1000 SP base, but more like 100. Which also could be done earlier than both 100 and 105 (like level 90 or whatever), and you still should get the same SP since being lower than a mob is irrelevant now. The cube quests starts at 100 though.
  • Activate Facebook

• "Sheogorath" is male

Date of registration: 7. June 2017

Thursday, 15. June 2017, 11:41

For example allowing sp bonuses to people who level naturally and grind vs plvling to 100, and so on. I.e. Player A grinds 100k sp at sassies in 3 days. Player B prefers to learn the game and level more traditionally, he levels at velpist, then prok, then merac and so on. In some way he should be rewarded for grinding and learning the game. Rather than being penalized for not knowing about SP farming. I don't have all the answers for this suggestion so Idk exactly how he should be rewarded but there should be some incentive.
For that there is a very easy, to say not to implement, way of solving that... Quests! Rather than having to lock and sp farm at low level, if a player (new player) wants to play it tradicionally by leveling and sp farm while at it and discovering the game, that can be solved to SP rewarding-grind focused quests: Les say you have reached level 36, you go into Margaduum Jail, there you'd have to kill 600 Spike canines and 700 Dire spike canines, after this grind-quest you should be reward with a reasonable amount of exp and sp, say about 850 sp (now you'd use a PSSP and yay! easy sp!) This is just a suggestion to your suggestion...
  • Activate Facebook

Date of registration: 8. July 2016

Thursday, 15. June 2017, 15:04

Get to 185 on the way there you get enought sp to finish important skills. After all you can do 11-12k sp a hour with a pssp at lvl 185.

• Activate Facebook

• "KingOtoko" is male

Date of registration: 19. May 2017

Thursday, 15. June 2017, 19:53

For example allowing sp bonuses to people who level naturally and grind vs plvling to 100, and so on. I.e. Player A grinds 100k sp at sassies in 3 days. Player B prefers to learn the game and level more traditionally, he levels at velpist, then prok, then merac and so on. In some way he should be rewarded for grinding and learning the game. Rather than being penalized for not knowing about SP farming. I don't have all the answers for this suggestion so Idk exactly how he should be rewarded but there should be some incentive.
For that there is a very easy, to say not to implement, way of solving that... Quests! Rather than having to lock and sp farm at low level, if a player (new player) wants to play it tradicionally by leveling and sp farm while at it and discovering the game, that can be solved to SP rewarding-grind focused quests: Les say you have reached level 36, you go into Margaduum Jail, there you'd have to kill 600 Spike canines and 700 Dire spike canines, after this grind-quest you should be reward with a reasonable amount of exp and sp, say about 850 sp (now you'd use a PSSP and yay! easy sp!) This is just a suggestion to your suggestion...

Quoted from "KingOtoko"

That is a very great idea! Maybe closer to 500 enemies or so. But quests should give plenty of sp so a traditional player can learn the ropes through quests and not be far behind because they didnt farm. Farming should always be faster, for pro players. But newbies should be able to go through this like a normal game.
  • Activate Facebook

Welfare

• "Welfare" is male

Date of registration: 30. July 2015

Friday, 16. June 2017, 23:42

The part about traditional playing is 100% on point. When I started playing back in 2008 I think the only real thing that deterred me was the lack of skill points and general knowledge of the game. Thankfully I perservered, but it makes me wonder how many people haven't. The game just isn't as fun without new skills, stronger attacks. Playing traditionally should be encouraged because then we get to see merac used for something other than affinity.

Ok, in response to Golden. That mind set is a cancer to gamers. We can't just have the negative sorry I had to do it you have to mindset with everything. You drive potential gamers away. Now yes, this game is a 100% grindfest game, most people know that going in. However for the newbies who may just stumble on to this game, there is no replay value. Unless you know from day one you have to spf just about everything you'll never succeed in the game. We need a 100% newbie guide to the game. We should take a stance on attracting players with a positive community versus scaring them away with a dead and hostile environment. If a player stumbles on a forum and sees a low population with a fantastic community they're much more likely to stay versus a low population with dead hostile forums. In LC even attracting 30 more active die-hard mmoers. Breathes a massive life of fresh air into the game. Lets make this community look great. (End Motivational 3am sleep deprived speech)

As for SP I dont believe it should be easier Per se, but rather more engaging. For example allowing sp bonuses to people who level naturally and grind vs plvling to 100, and so on. I.e. Player A grinds 100k sp at sassies in 3 days. Player B prefers to learn the game and level more traditionally, he levels at velpist, then prok, then merac and so on. In some way he should be rewarded for grinding and learning the game. Rather than being penalized for not knowing about SP farming. I don't have all the answers for this suggestion so Idk exactly how he should be rewarded but there should be some incentive.

That entire suggestion could be terrible and if it is I'll retract it but I feel the thought behind it should be expanded upon.

I believe SP needs to be stressed at lvl 1 to new players. Some how be it quest or a tutorial pop up. It NEEDS to be known for a newbie that he will not be able to level comfortably without sp farming or such.
  • Activate Facebook