You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Last Chaos Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

This post by "pwesty" (Monday, 11. June 2018, 10:02) has been deleted by user "Vilya" (Monday, 11. June 2018, 19:46) with the following reason: Spam

This post by "pwesty" (Monday, 11. June 2018, 10:07) has been deleted by user "Vilya" (Thursday, 28. June 2018, 00:30)

This post by "Jefalo" (Friday, 15. June 2018, 22:36) has been deleted by user "Vilya" (Thursday, 28. June 2018, 00:30)

This post by "Wise" (Friday, 15. June 2018, 23:27) has been deleted by the author himself (Saturday, 16. June 2018, 09:00)

This post by "Jefalo" (Saturday, 16. June 2018, 11:54) has been deleted by user "Vilya" (Thursday, 28. June 2018, 00:31)

Fulminar

Game Admin (en, de, pl, nl)

Date of registration: 10. July 2015

Saturday, 16. June 2018, 12:57

I have cleaned up the thread and removed the posts which violate the forum rules.
To those who seem to not know what the rules are, they can be found HERE.

Open discussions and constructive criticism are always welcome if they are properly expressed and not violate the forum rules.
That being said, if more posts will violate the rules this thread will be closed.

Good day.

Fulminar
Game Admin Last Chaos NA / PL
Homepage | Customer Support | Last Chaos Facebook
Rules | GM Recruiting
  • Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

MujharCarillon

Rising Star

• "MujharCarillon" is male

Date of registration: 18. July 2015

Saturday, 16. June 2018, 23:23

Pwesty,

My best guess for this, is because of BarunSon not providing anything. What I mean is that Gamigo would notify BarunSon of problems in LC. Although BarunSon would pass the information on to the relevant people, nothing would be done about it. No patches, no new content, no increases in the level cap, no nothing. Little wonder that so many people left LC, for what they genuinely believed would be greener pastures.

If BarunSon won't provide patches, new content, etc, then who will? In steps Gamigo, they buy a copy of the code, existing patches, etc, hires their own development team, and then gets the development team to learn the code, and to remove the quick bandaid fixes that BarunSon did, in the hopes that the entire game will eventually be properly fixed, and brought into true balance. If this is done, Pwesty, and done properly, then maybe some of those former players will come back.

As for Gamigo itself is concerned, all they could be guilty of, is high item mall prices. But, if some of the former players come back, and start buying IC again, then maybe Gamigo will start reducing prices, as there'll be more people items.

"Can You Dance Like The Crew? Can You Do What We Do? Check It Out When We're Through. And Don't Forget That Our Moves Are True."

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "MujharCarillon" (17. June 2018, 09:50)

• Activate Facebook

• "thedaggers" started this thread

Date of registration: 29. October 2015

Monday, 18. June 2018, 15:53

I never appreciate your tone Vilya.
I am amazed that you can tell my "tone" from mere typing, that's a special talent you've got there.

I always get a sense like players are bothering you when this topic comes up, don't players get to know whether things are still in progress.
Players do get to know when things are in progress, they are always in progress. This doesn't mean they will know what exactly is in the works or exactly when they will be in game. This coding is 11 years old, the engine it's built on is even older. Barunson had a nasty habit of doing quickie bandaid fixes and not fixing the true underlying issue. This results in other things being broken when our developers taking off said bandaid, and this makes fixes take longer as instead of only ONE fix, it becomes multiple that have to be sussed out and fixes. As far as bothering me, I cannot be more clear in what I post about this very topic each time it comes up. If people bothered to use the search function as per the posted forum rules, I would not need to continually respond the exact same way.

Your team decided to tell players that something is coming 3 years ago and we haven't seen anything really significant in the way of character balance, major skill bugs, new maps

The news of gamigo purchasing the code was made in September of 2016. Since then we have had to recruit new developers and build a team of our own from the ground up. This includes graphics, coders, and everyone in between to help make it all work. Once we had a team, they needed to learn the code. It all takes time. Things have been changed, new things have been created. Regardless of whether or not you all choose to acknowledge them is the issue.

Now, one more time I will say, "When there is news of new content it will be provided to everyone in patchlog or news for VIP test server." If there is no news there, there is nothing new to report. This does not mean nothing is being worked on, but we will not give promises of things worked on in case they do not go smoothly. We much prefer to ensure we test them thoroughly and correctly prior to promising anything to the players.

Happy gaming.
i mean... im a programmer myself... I find it really hard to believe that it takes 2 years to understand the code lol

I've coded private servers of other games and it took me like couple days to understand where to touch to achieve what i wanted. I understand that the game code can be complex and big and all that, still, 2 years without any innovating update surely seems odd, especially when there were private servers of this game full of new items new cap new bosses etc there's no excuse for a couple of people being able to change the game more than a company's dev team. Also Vilya your communication on this matter is super poor and vague, all you tell us is "they are learning the code" every single time for 2 years now. As i've dealt with game company's before i find this type of communication with the community rather poor...
  • Activate Facebook

Fulminar

Monday, 18. June 2018, 19:17

i mean... im a programmer myself... I find it really hard to believe that it takes 2 years to understand the code lol

I've coded private servers of other games and it took me like couple days to understand where to touch to achieve what i wanted. I understand that the game code can be complex and big and all that, still, 2 years without any innovating update surely seems odd, especially when there were private servers of this game full of new items new cap new bosses etc there's no excuse for a couple of people being able to change the game more than a company's dev team. Also Vilya your communication on this matter is super poor and vague, all you tell us is "they are learning the code" every single time for 2 years now. As i've dealt with game company's before i find this type of communication with the community rather poor...

Hello,

The issue is not teh code itself, but the way the previous developers managed it. Instead of properly fixing issues and bugs they simply plastered the code full with "band aid" solutions which break every time changes are being done. This created double, sometimes tripple work for gamigo developers, as they not only need to work on new things but also fix everything which they discover is broken and impacts any future developments.
If you are a programmer as you state you should well know that every code is different and wherther it can handle changes all depends how it was managed. Current LC code looks more like swiss cheese with so many holes, some of them plastered full with "garbage" that it takes work to clean it up, fix it and then finally implement the new things that were being worked on.
Fulminar
Rules | GM Recruiting
  • Activate Facebook

Lyoma

Sincere Adventurer

• "Lyoma" is female

Date of registration: 27. May 2015

Monday, 18. June 2018, 20:52

But 2 years? And there are still lot of bugs, skills with haste or the mob in the wall...
Maybe before working on new content fix the « swiss cheese » that would be a great start.

Bye bish
  • Activate Facebook

• "thedaggers" started this thread

Date of registration: 29. October 2015

Tuesday, 19. June 2018, 11:35

Hello,

The issue is not teh code itself, but the way the previous developers managed it. Instead of properly fixing issues and bugs they simply plastered the code full with "band aid" solutions which break every time changes are being done. This created double, sometimes tripple work for gamigo developers, as they not only need to work on new things but also fix everything which they discover is broken and impacts any future developments.
If you are a programmer as you state you should well know that every code is different and wherther it can handle changes all depends how it was managed. Current LC code looks more like swiss cheese with so many holes, some of them plastered full with "garbage" that it takes work to clean it up, fix it and then finally implement the new things that were being worked on.
I understand what you mean. Still, i feel like 2 years without giving players what the game needs to strive is just way too long... We need serious updates like a new level cap and some bosses. Im sure you understan that is really depressing to read patch notes every week only to find out that the only changes are IM related and some random events... :S
  • Activate Facebook

VanZen

• "VanZen" is female

Date of registration: 20. June 2018

Occupation: 3D Asset designer, Python & papyrus scripting, bip, rigging, weight painting and animation, textures including but limited to icons, fonts, (normals World space, tangent and object) spectacular, diffuse and alpha, shape keys, collision detection, map topology, path grid/ nav mesh, sprites, billboard animation, fx, shaders .etc ~ the list goes on

Wednesday, 20. June 2018, 12:09

~Deep Breath~

okay as an experienced scrip writer, i can't help but laugh to keep from crying. i'm just going to come out and ask it. do you guys need a new dev? if so i would be willing to help if not try to teach yours. if nothing more work with him/her to figure this out. i don't want to fling mud and an already muddy situation... so i wont.

i would like to help any way i can to make LC work the way it should, there is no doubt in my mind that the original Dev team for LC made a mess of things, for the simple fact that i have been playing LC off and on for over 10 years now and a lot of the Buggys from back then still exist today.
the recent complications, for example Elephant Buff and PK Mode acting up, to me as a papyrus Script writer, tells me that there is either a error in a script causing it to compile incorrectly, is simply missing or is conflicting with another script.

As a "coder" as you guys like to say... lol. There should be a way to check for errors before a script is compiled then tested after compiled before it is even packaged as an update. if your dev does not have a way to error check his scrip before it is compiled and run an error log after to see if it conflicts with any other scripts that is a MAJOR problem and these errors will continue to occur and it WILL make a huge problem.
at this point, He/She needs to step back and isolate the the issue and go over the scripts he/she has fiddled with (for lack of a better word)
and find the issue, if they do not and proceed it will become next to impossible to find the (recently developed) errors.
~Scarlet Blade all over again~
that being said...
There are some things that you as the owners of the LC Publishing License need to accept as well as us the players.
it seems to be the BIG elephant in the room that nobody wants to address directly so i will.
there is no secret that this game is getting on in years and the player base has declined by.... a lot
And i hate to be the one to say this but jacked up prices in item shop is not the way to go to make things better unless your endgame is to drive LC into the ground nose first, as a person that has reached out to a few Ex players of LC USA that seems to be the leading reason why they left seconded to lack of new content and thirdly bugs that have not been fixed in ages, pile on the recent bugs and it makes for a grim future for this game.
Regardless of what may or may not happen i will be here until LC implodes or just ends one day.
as far as advertising there is none to speak of and that is fine for the simple fact that word of mouth is the very best kind and its free,
However, that will not happen with the current conditions

i would like to point out that 5 years ago Platinum Blessed Iris sold for about 25 million in game Gold now in game they sell for between

200 - 250 Million

if you do the math on that inflation it spells depression, and if it were real life there would be riots in the streets because the in game economy is horrible if you guys were to cut the item mall prices by 1/2 for example your income would balance out if not get better because you would have more people buying but at a cheaper price not only that in game prices would go down and gold would start circulating again.
once that happens that "word of mouth" thing happens and people start coming back, there are a lot of players that check back every few months or so to check the conditions to see if something like this happens, if it does more people will come back.
look i get it, you guys have to keep the lights on but try it, if even for a month with lower prices you will see a difference in server activity and sales. the worst thing that could happen is that the regular buyers buy 2x as much and you make the same amount. this is a win win for everyone and i find it strange i have to explain this.
anyways.
like i said i want to help LC survive, not just survive but improve. my next topic is mesh details and texture errors, strictly cosmetic i know but it matters, if you want to know what i have in mind zoom in on the healers pirate costume on her chest you will see a large vertical separation in the mesh where her sternum is. pan camera left to right. you will see it. i can fix that

lots of clipping of meshes especially on the NS Character, these are rigging/ weight painting errors where in the mesh is weighted to the skeleton for animation. i can fix this

doubling of the wings on the NS during Flights skill, this is a result of a topology artists failure to remove doubled vertices in his mesh or in a rare instance 2 animations in the same mesh can cause the same effect OR in a very rare instance the script calls on the animation to play twice. i can fix this.
the lvl 40 vanilla weapon set that is translucent for all classes but NS when rendered in game show very funny exactly like like the new yellow blue and red spikes on on some players backs. this can only be caused by 2 things. A there is a incorrectly configured node in the material property of the mesh or B. the game engine can not correctly process the material value as is causing the mesh to appear behind the player when it is clearly in front of the player. i can indeed fix this.
i bring a lot of these issues up because i am in the process of making my own MMORPG for a few years now and i had to learn all this stuff.
i have a lot of time in on it so i do know what i'm talking about.
that's a different conversation though.
the point i'm trying to make is this game has stood the test of time and though its battered and beaten to a pulp it still has a lot of potential and if i don't say this and at least try i will feel partially to blame if it goes down in flames, i have a very special place in my heart for LC as a whole management new and old, the game its self and the community new and old especially because without us LC is nothing but a memory.
as a person LC was there for me in my life in the good and the bad times, it has always been here and i want to make sure it stays here.

this is just a short list of things that can be at the very least considered going forward and my willingness as a member of this community to help in any way i can asking nothing in return but to keep the game alive and fair for everyone.
[EDIT]
Also if you guys need someone to help with new content i can most def help with that. making costumes for example i am a Blender Ninja :thumbup:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "VanZen" (20. June 2018, 12:21)

• Activate Facebook

Bran

Rising Star

• "Bran" is male

Wednesday, 20. June 2018, 12:35

i would like to point out that 5 years ago Platinum Blessed Iris sold for about 25 million in game Gold now in game they sell for between

200 - 250 Million

if you do the math on that inflation it spells depression, and if it were real life there would be riots in the streets because the in game economy is horrible if you guys were to cut the item mall prices by 1/2 for example your income would balance out if not get better because you would have more people buying but at a cheaper price not only that in game prices would go down and gold would start circulating again.
once that happens that "word of mouth" thing happens and people start coming back, there are a lot of players that check back every few months or so to check the conditions to see if something like this happens, if it does more people will come back.
look i get it, you guys have to keep the lights on but try it, if even for a month with lower prices you will see a difference in server activity and sales. the worst thing that could happen is that the regular buyers buy 2x as much and you make the same amount. this is a win win for everyone and i find it strange i have to explain this.
5 years ago, hmm, that is not really correct, I can't remember price of pbi back then(maybe it was up to 50-100m), I am pretty sure it wasnt 25m, it was 2013...
But, I do know this, I was playing when gamigo took over, and price of pbi on newly refreshed old market was 600m^^, pbi was 600m, yep^^, also prices of other things were also big(expb, spb, idb 12-15m EACH), pbi now is 150-250m(expb, spb, idb 2-4.5m), so you're wrong, deflation happened since start of gamigo.

also, you say, cut the item mall prices by 1/2, former publisher(owner of AGE) had this policy you're saying, giving huge amount of stuff for 5$ worth of AP, just reach top tier, 1000 expb, idb, spb.... wooa... and u can do countless tiers...
It flooded the market, prices were ridiculous, people stopped buying AP because they had hundreds of potions of each kind, also thousands of boosters, also those easy to get master stones and safe +1 upgrades without fail, made people make +28 armor, an denn, they stopped buying AP cause their armors were finished.
so Gamigo is doing nothing wrong, you're a coder, I'm a business man, I understand the concept of supply and demand, and gamigo learned from former AGE owners, don't flood the market with items and the game won't die. As you can see, LC US is still here. Also, it's hard to maintain market balance, trust me^^. What we got now, the prices, are good, people just not used to grinding gold, even now when it's crippled, that is the only change I really dislike over the course of time, I mean, I don't know and I can't see the total amount of gold in the game, but this crippling the gold income flow into the game is bad, I mean, it's ok to have it running for, idk, half year, year, but bring back old gold flow, people will cheer up abit.

~Deep Breath~

i would like to help any way i can to make LC work the way it should,

You gta move to ze Germany for that... to code, in other words, it's a job there o.o if you're willing to go on an adventure like Bilbo... if you really know to code as you say, and you are badass at doing it, go for it o.o van o.o zen, they won't let u help them from Madagascar over team viewer or skype or idk what you had in mind...

p.s. On the subject of PBI 200-250m, I forgot to note some huge thing, that huge thing is called super easy leveling, aeria never had epic spell thing that gave you ability to reach 500% exp, age never had that, it was also the reason why pbi was 600m at start, leveling has never been easier since I started to play this game, It took me 5 years without buying AP for my sorc to reach 165 at aeria, I got over 5+ level 185 toons now^^ #justsayin, that epic exp spell made a huge difference, aeria made u buy thousands of boosters, If i remember right, you needed 30-40k expb, 90-165 in the past, now you barelly need 1k expb for leveling to 185^^ that is, if you know how to level with pbi and quests and exp pets. So if i were to pick between aeria and gamigo, I'd take gamigo, they have longterm strategy to their players, while aeria just went in for the money, cheap stuff, flood the market, sink the server after people have bought so much stuff they need years to use it.

I wish, gamigo was here from start, maybe they would buy the game licence earlier, maybe they would make their own coding team earlier, maybe we'd have new level cap, new map, new castle siege, better balance of classes. :S

Some people want the game to get better, I want it too, but some people royally screwed up the game in the past, these people went into the live mud to try to pull it out of the live mud, it's like they're from mars, and they're tryin to learn, idk, chinese O.o It's like fixin a space shuttle and you're a mechanic for cars

Patience is a virtue :whistling:
I speak sarcasm as a 2nd language.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcENL_Vdoqw <---The best Walking Dead episode ever! :D

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Bran" (20. June 2018, 12:45)

• Activate Facebook

Fulminar

Wednesday, 20. June 2018, 15:09

Alright, i will be closing this topic as all its becoming now are hear-say's and everyone seems to think they know better, while truth is none of you all know what was happening behind the scenes both at the previous publisher and the current.

So instead of making up stories and telling how and what i would not do, its better to close this discussion and lay it to rest.

Bottom line is: Devs are working on the game and if/when there will be anything new added it will be announced to everyone via official channels.

Thank you for your participation in the discussion.

Fulminar
Rules | GM Recruiting
  • Activate Facebook