You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Last Chaos Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Crossing

Rising Star

• "Crossing" is male
  • "Crossing" started this thread

Date of registration: 1. August 2015

Wednesday, 18. November 2015, 10:31

Unbound Master Stone Event

One of the most central elements of Last Chaos have always been the upgrading of one's gear to gain an advantage against our adversaries and to enable us to kill stronger mobs. Recently however, there's been a lot of debate and opinions surrounding a particular branch of Upgrading Items, namely the Master Stones.

Since the Master Stones were brought back to the game, players have been upset about the fact that MS no longer has a guaranteed +1 upgrade rate, as well as the fact that they bind the gear piece to that particular character, regardless if it succeeds in upgrading or not. However, the recent Upgrade Events got me thinking.

Why not create an event that affects the Character Binding aspect of the Master Stones?

My suggestion is that this event would work similar to an Upgrade Event in that it only applies for a short period of time, like an hour or two at most, but during those hours, the Master Stones won't bind your gear to the character at all, unless your gear piece was already Character Bound beforehand. The Upgrade Rate wouldn't be affected, but at least this would make it more attractive for players to use their Master Stones on lower level gear that isn't Character Bound by default.

Note: Of course gear that is bound by default won't be affected by this event, so using the MS on for example a Durability Weapon wouldn't unbind it from your character. The same goes for gear that have already suffered the effects of the Master Stones and become Bound to your character before the event starts.

What do you guys think? Is this an event players would appreciate? Personally, I think it would be nice to be able to use Master Stones without them binding my gear to my character, even if it was just for an hour or two once a month. :thumbup:

• Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

ExcallabuR

Rising Star

Wednesday, 18. November 2015, 17:47

I still think they should sell unbind items, however unbind events do happen occasionally, just not in the way you have suggested.

Perhaps if you propose doing it as per upgrade event, maybe they could add a percentage/ chance of bound/unbound so say you could have 60/40% (bind/unbind) chance of it binding upon use, where as the second may unbind or keep it bound instead of a generic no binding during event, yes you would still run the risk of binding your gear, but you could also possibly get lucky and get your item unbound, and then they can still run the unbind events they have previously run, and also still have the option to sell an unbind item in the mall.

-Eze

EzeEle 185 True Elementalist - EzeAssasin 16x Ex-Assassin - EzeArcher 16x Archer - EzeNS 16x NightShadow

-----------------------------------------------------------------

LC USA Player since December 2006

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "ExcallabuR" (18. November 2015, 17:50)

• Activate Facebook

MaZZaCre

Rising Star

• "MaZZaCre" is female

Date of registration: 13. December 2013

Wednesday, 18. November 2015, 19:16

Oh Crossy, if you want the perfect gear which is tradeable, you could just buy mine! :):D

A Fairy Tale FULL HD | \_/ carecup, its empty ~
  • Activate Facebook

Carackas

Rising Star

• "Carackas" is male

Date of registration: 11. July 2015

Wednesday, 18. November 2015, 22:01

binding & guareteed upgrades.

Since I'm not much of a gambler, I would like to see (at least) the +17
Master stone go back to a guaranteed +1. Because these stones are not
cheap it would be nice to be able to get to +17 without the possibility
of loosing the item.

As far as character binding i'm not sure
exactly why it was decided that these stones when used create a
situation where the upgraded item cannot be sold. The idea to have an
event to have a possible bind or unbind is a good idea since there is no
way to do it now.

Quoted

Oh Crossy, if you want the perfect gear which is tradeable, you could just buy mine!
Now,
if Mazzacre has high lvl weapons and armor that is not bound then I would like to know her techniques. Also would like to have her go to Las Vegas with me and use her system on the roulette wheel so we can make some real money.....lol
  • Activate Facebook

AdMaiora

Date of registration: 24. July 2015

Wednesday, 18. November 2015, 22:07

From the FAQ

Quoted

+1 upgrade, using Master Stone, will succeed 100% for equipment upgraded between +0~+17.
Fool - Templar Knight lvl 165 - Retired
  • Activate Facebook

Carackas

Rising Star

• "Carackas" is male

Wednesday, 18. November 2015, 22:13

+17 Master Stone

From the FAQ

Quoted

+1 upgrade, using Master Stone, will succeed 100% for equipment upgraded between +0~+17.

I think this FAQ is outdated. The last time I looked the Master
Stone +17 read "A chance to upgrade +1" The word chance means just
that...just a chance.
It use to read "Guaranteed upgrade of +1"
  • Activate Facebook

Alike

Wednesday, 18. November 2015, 22:19

I think this FAQ is outdated.

No.
  • Activate Facebook

MaZZaCre

Rising Star

• "MaZZaCre" is female

Wednesday, 18. November 2015, 22:43

I think this FAQ is outdated.

No.
Is Alike the cutest thingy alive? Look how much he interacts with other people! 8o:love:

• Activate Facebook

Vilya

Community Manager (en)

• "Vilya" is female

Date of registration: 3. September 2014

Wednesday, 18. November 2015, 23:00

Since I'm not much of a gambler, I would like to see (at least) the +17
Master stone go back to a guaranteed +1. Because these stones are not
cheap it would be nice to be able to get to +17 without the possibility
of loosing the item.

As far as character binding i'm not sure
exactly why it was decided that these stones when used create a
situation where the upgraded item cannot be sold. The idea to have an
event to have a possible bind or unbind is a good idea since there is no
way to do it now.

Now,
if Mazzacre has high lvl weapons and armor that is not bound then I would like to know her techniques. Also would like to have her go to Las Vegas with me and use her system on the roulette wheel so we can make some real money.....lol
Up to +17 is guaranteed when using +17 Master Stones (the FAQ is in fact correct). Stones did not begin to bind equipment until gamigo brought them back into the game after their removal a month after we migrated over from Aeria. Until they were re-added into the game, they did not bind equips.
Vilya
Community Manager EN/PL
Homepage | Support|
Facebook | Discord Chat
  • Activate Facebook

xCHAx

• "xCHAx" is male

Date of registration: 15. August 2015

Thursday, 19. November 2015, 06:02

After they bind to character I never buy IC, too. Just do with my old stuff.

• Activate Facebook

Thor

Date of registration: 17. August 2015

Thursday, 19. November 2015, 13:02

Unbinding the gears after using masterstones will disturb the game economy which is already flooded with gold obtained illegallly by old players. what is needed is to remove the -1 degrade.
Not only that masterstones higher than +19 should be non-tradeable and bound. Player should spend some real money to get better gear and not allowed to exploit noob players for game gold which in fact should not be given too much value.

• Activate Facebook

Crossing

Rising Star

• "Crossing" is male

Thursday, 19. November 2015, 17:23

Oh Crossy, if you want the perfect gear which is tradeable, you could just buy mine! :):D
You got some Mage Gear for me, Shazy? :P
  • Activate Facebook

MaZZaCre

Rising Star

• "MaZZaCre" is female

Thursday, 19. November 2015, 18:19

You got some Mage Gear for me, Shazy? :P
170er+27 6/7sockets, pm or skype if you are interested :D

• Activate Facebook

Elusive

Date of registration: 21. July 2015

Thursday, 19. November 2015, 23:45

I have master stones that I bought with real money from Aeria. They did not fail hence the high price. I feel cheated that I do not have what I paid for.

• Activate Facebook

Vilya

Community Manager (en)

• "Vilya" is female

Date of registration: 3. September 2014

Thursday, 19. November 2015, 23:52

The prices on Master Stones was not more at Aeria, most of them were given away free in Tiered events or received by Loot Forge.

Vilya
Community Manager EN/PL
Homepage | Support|
Facebook | Discord Chat
  • Activate Facebook

ANGEL.

Rising Star

• "ANGEL." is female

Date of registration: 10. July 2015

Friday, 20. November 2015, 00:02

Hmm..... MS were cheaper with Aeria and worked great. Now MS are expensive and work bad .... ?(

The most painful goodbyes are the ones that are never said and never explained.
  • Activate Facebook

Carackas

Rising Star

• "Carackas" is male

Friday, 20. November 2015, 00:21

+17 Master Stones

The last time I went to the Mall to buy Masterstones +17 it read Chance to upgrade +1. So I didn't purchase them. But if as you say, they are still guaranteed upgrading to +17 I will buy them when they are available. That was the only reason why I stopped buying them. This is good news to me!
ty

• Activate Facebook

Crossing

Rising Star

• "Crossing" is male

Friday, 20. November 2015, 10:23

I have master stones that I bought with real money from Aeria. They did not fail hence the high price. I feel cheated that I do not have what I paid for.
You still got what you paid for when you actually received the Master Stones, whether you got them by Loot Forge or not. If you decided to stack up on them and store them, Gamigo can't be held responsible for your decision to do so. It's the same in real life if I buy something. As long as I receive what I actually paid for, the Merchant I bought from can't be held responsible for what happens to it afterwards.
  • Activate Facebook

unavailable

Rising Star

• "unavailable" is male

Date of registration: 14. January 2015

Friday, 20. November 2015, 10:38

I just want to add that there are other ways to get your gear to 25+ without having it bound to your character.

You can just use Purified Rune Ores and Devil Rune ores and runes of protection.(I would recommend Purified Ores as they have a higher success chance)

You can use the Deep Blue Rune and get your item to +20, Then use Blue Runes and get your item to +25, then use Gold Runes and upgrade above +25 if you wish and your item wont be bound (sure might be a bit more expensive but will not bind anything).

Not to mention you don't need high plussed gear, the extra pvp reduction doesn't really help much in PVP anyways, and defense does not matter in pvpv at all. For PVE a +15 set with good jewels is more than enough so you would just be upgrading the weapon.

• Activate Facebook

AdMaiora

Date of registration: 24. July 2015

Friday, 20. November 2015, 12:07

I just want to add that there are other ways to get your gear to 25+ without having it bound to your character.

You can just use Purified Rune Ores and Devil Rune ores and runes of protection.(I would recommend Purified Ores as they have a higher success chance)

You can use the Deep Blue Rune and get your item to +20, Then use Blue Runes and get your item to +25, then use Gold Runes and upgrade above +25 if you wish and your item wont be bound (sure might be a bit more expensive but will not bind anything).
Brown Runes of Protection: +3 - +9;
Blue Runes of Protection: +10 - +14;
Deep Blue Runes of Protection: +15 - +19;
Gold Runes of Protection: +20 - +25.

Main source: "Upgrading equipment" thread in the FAQ section...
Fool - Templar Knight lvl 165 - Retired

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "AdMaiora" (20. November 2015, 12:13)

• Activate Facebook