You are not logged in.

Meatpie

• "Meatpie" is female
  • "Meatpie" started this thread

Date of registration: 28. September 2016

Wednesday, 4. January 2017, 00:29

Communication and feedback between administration and community

I would be what you call a newb here in LC. I've been playing LC for only a few months and during this time I've seen many small events come and go with No notices at all. pet exp events, upgrade events etc. Once a pet exp event ran over 5 hrs due to absent minded gm. no one even knew the event was on apart from certain gms and their in-game wolf packs (friends) who are tipped off.

wouldn't one assume many players may choose to log in for these fandangle events? if only we knew....

In my search for game related answers I search and find pages and pages of info in fluorescence yellows and green text on white screen. ridiculously unreadable!

when ever there is a technical fault there is no news about it like item mall going down for example ..There is no " sorry we are experiencing technical difficulties and are doing our best to get it remedied and keep you updated" etc NO...

Communication is key, as you value our feedback we also appreciate any updates of information regularly and a bit of a heads up on mini events. That would be great.

• Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

Vilya

Community Manager (en)

• "Vilya" is female

Date of registration: 3. September 2014

Wednesday, 4. January 2017, 09:05

Hello,

All scheduled events can be found in the US Event section of the forum and are announced in game at the beginning and end of the said event, including GM mini-events.

If you have solid evidence of a Game Master giving information to "friends", then report it via proper channels. Otherwise don't make accusations you cannot back up with proof, your assumptions are not enough evidence to make accusations of favoritism.

Big technical issues are always noted in townhall, smaller or intermittent ones are not. We made note in game it was being looked into, apologies if you missed it. The shop has been having a few hiccups and is generally only down 10-15 minutes (except night before last when it simply took the night off).

As always, we appreciate your feedback, happy gaming.

Vilya
Community Manager EN/PL
Homepage | Support|
Facebook | Discord Chat
  • Activate Facebook

LadyS

• "LadyS" is female

Date of registration: 6. July 2016

Wednesday, 4. January 2017, 13:36

In Gamigo's (GM's) defence.. There is a page on forum made eevry week about events that will be running for that week.. There is also a page on forum, which lists GM (in game) events.. It is up to the players to look through t to see what is happening with regard to events during that week..

At GM in game events, they also inform players of the pages on forum, where they can also find rules about certain events..

Bigger events, as far as I have seen, are almost always announced in game. These announcements can also be viewed on the right side of your game screen where the exclamation ! Mark is..

It is not up to GM's to spoon feed us with information constantly, make it a habit to check these pages at least once a week, after maintenance.

• Activate Facebook

Date of registration: 17. July 2015

Wednesday, 4. January 2017, 15:15

Double SP for a week pls Vilya! I give hugs in exchange!

On a serious note, if someone is capable of making a post here, then it's not beyond reason they can find the scheduled events, which are also posted on the Forums.

I would also like to note that the "friends" of GM's thing is highly unlikely, anyone with experience can go kill a Fox, if it gives 2 EXP or SP without any EXP/SP boosting items on, then one or both of those events are on. The same applies with Pet EXP, and Upgrade Events even give a notice to the right of your main inventory window. The harder ones to tell are the Jewel Events, unless you're on for the start of those, you'll likely only know if someone tells you, or you ask, even then, what kind of Jewel Event it is isn't always clear.

(I wish I had a GM friend, they all pick on me! Almost like "someone" tells them to! Waaaah!)

• Activate Facebook

Date of registration: 29. October 2015

Wednesday, 4. January 2017, 19:41

Double SP for a week pls Vilya! I give hugs in exchange!

On a serious note, if someone is capable of making a post here, then it's not beyond reason they can find the scheduled events, which are also posted on the Forums.

I would also like to note that the "friends" of GM's thing is highly unlikely, anyone with experience can go kill a Fox, if it gives 2 EXP or SP without any EXP/SP boosting items on, then one or both of those events are on. The same applies with Pet EXP, and Upgrade Events even give a notice to the right of your main inventory window. The harder ones to tell are the Jewel Events, unless you're on for the start of those, you'll likely only know if someone tells you, or you ask, even then, what kind of Jewel Event it is isn't always clear.

(I wish I had a GM friend, they all pick on me! Almost like "someone" tells them to! Waaaah!)
Doesnt even matter anymore, events like upgrading or jewel fusion happens once a year nowadays, gm's probably too busy doing god knows what. Also developers since the last patches have brough nothing but item mall promotions lol
  • Activate Facebook

Meatpie

• "Meatpie" is female
  • "Meatpie" started this thread

Date of registration: 28. September 2016

Wednesday, 4. January 2017, 22:16

Thank you LAdyS for your words defending Gamingo`s GMs but I am sure they are big and ugly enough to speak for themselves. no one asked for unofficial mods FYI spiels.
One thing you did say though - ( It is not up to GMs to spoon feed you information) I've heard those exact condescending words from vilyas mouth in-game to someone else...
no one asked to be spoon fed info. im actually asking for the info to be available to us in due time, Im not talking about lame hide and seek and word of the day events. if you notify of an event 5 mins beforehand then its a waste of time. people don't know to log of for events. they're not always published on forums don't kid yourselves.

Im not even going to reply to you Bubba. youre ridiculous.

Thedaggers - yes they actually do happen a bit. but no one will admit to no notices about them. :thumbdown:

• Activate Facebook

LadyS

• "LadyS" is female

Date of registration: 6. July 2016

Wednesday, 4. January 2017, 22:56

Thank you LAdyS for your words defending Gamingo`s GMs but I am sure they are big and ugly enough to speak for themselves. no one asked for unofficial mods FYI spiels.
One thing you did say though - ( It is not up to GMs to spoon feed you information) I've heard those exact condescending words from vilyas mouth in-game to someone else...
no one asked to be spoon fed info. im actually asking for the info to be available to us in due time, Im not talking about lame hide and seek and word of the day events. if you notify of an event 5 mins beforehand then its a waste of time. people don't know to log of for events. they're not always published on forums don't kid yourselves.

Thedaggers - yes they actually do happen a bit. but no one will admit to no notices about them. :thumbdown:

lol really? You come here to strew insults to everyone.. Why don't you stop being lazy and filter through the forum so you can find the info.. It is there if you look properly.
Yes, I came here to respond to your post, since this is an open forum.. Yes, I defended Gamigo because your post can't be further from the truth.

It is also clearly stated on some of the event posts "LOOK OUT FOR IMPROMPTU EVENTS THAT IS ANNOUNCED IN GAME" Impromptu meaning done without being planned.. A little english lesson for you for today.

Sure, everyone is not online all the time, but you cannot blame Gamigo for that. Also you have to take into consideration that there are players from all over the world on the US server, so it is not 100% feasible to run events to accommodate everyone, all the time.. Be a little considerate in your expectations.
And you can drop the insults, it's not necessary.
  • Activate Facebook

This post by "AnotherUser" (Thursday, 5. January 2017, 06:07) has been deleted by user "Scimitar" (Wednesday, 22. March 2017, 23:23)

unavailable

Rising Star

• "unavailable" is male

Date of registration: 14. January 2015

Thursday, 5. January 2017, 08:14

How are those words condescending? I heard them too and believe it or not that's how it is. GM's aren't responsible for our ability to search , read, understand things, they shouldn't have to hold your hand day in day out just because you lack the ability to search, read, understand.

And I will touch on one of your sentences:

"no one asked to be spoon fed info. im actually asking for the info to be available to us in due time, Im not talking about lame hide and seek and word of the day events. if you notify of an event 5 mins beforehand then its a waste of time. people don't know to log of for events. they're not always published on forums don't kid yourselves."

And here is the problem, people AREN'T supposed to just login for events, what would the purpose of an online game be when people only play whenever there is an event? I will tell you, none. Some events are just spontaneous events to actually reward those who play the game regardless if there is an event or not. If you can only play this game because there is an event, and that dictates your play time, honestly move on to something else. So far every big event I always saw posted in forums and announced in-game. They wont be announcing an event 20 million times because you aren't on and missed the announcement....that would be a total waste now.

As far as upgrade and jewel events go....I have yet to see them not being announced (be it 10 minutes prior but still, announcement is there)
  • Activate Facebook

ANGEL.

Rising Star

• "ANGEL." is female

Date of registration: 10. July 2015

Thursday, 5. January 2017, 13:12

And here is the problem, people AREN'T supposed to just login for events, what would the purpose of an online game be when people only play whenever there is an event? I will tell you, none. Some events are just spontaneous events to actually reward those who play the game regardless if there is an event or not. If you can only play this game because there is an event, and that dictates your play time, honestly move on to something else. So far every big event I always saw posted in forums and announced in-game. They wont be announcing an event 20 million times because you aren't on and missed the announcement....that would be a total waste now.
As far as upgrade and jewel events go....I have yet to see them not being announced (be it 10 minutes prior but still, announcement is there)

I heard this before when ppl complained why some events were removed from schedule calendar.
Do you mind to explain me what's wrong if somebody log on because of an event, or he doesn't log on at all? There aren't many players left, so if an event bring few more ppl to play why this is so bad?

The most painful goodbyes are the ones that are never said and never explained.
  • Activate Facebook

unavailable

Rising Star

• "unavailable" is male

Date of registration: 14. January 2015

Thursday, 5. January 2017, 13:19

I heard this before when ppl complained why some events were removed from schedule calendar.
Do you mind to explain me what's wrong if somebody log on because of an event, or he doesn't log on at all? There aren't many players left, so if an event bring few more ppl to play why this is so bad?

For a game to draw in new players, to grow it needs to be active all the time. Given there can be spikes on amount of players logged in at certain hours, but it has to be alive.

A game where you have players only logging in because of an event once a week for example doesn't show the activity, people don't see it being alive. While as events are random and spontaneous, if you play normally you will not miss the event and benefit from it.

People should actively play instead of just logging in for 2 hours a week for an event...that is more like a job than an entertaining game.And people logging in just for the event isn't bringing in more people to play, it just raises the numbers for 1h and that's it.
  • Activate Facebook

ANGEL.

Rising Star

• "ANGEL." is female

Date of registration: 10. July 2015

Thursday, 5. January 2017, 13:32

Pll have to go school, work or have some time with their families/frnds.. so u cant expect ppl play this game several hours every single day. U said its because to drag new players, what about the old ones??? I understand new players r important, but aint old players who proved they like the game and willing to play/pay more important? A new player might stay a month and leave, but there r old players who spent months or years on lc - why then gamigo should be loyal to new players and abandon the proved ones? This is a game so u cant tell ppl how long they r supposed to play a game. And again - with more event ppl will play more often and game will looks little more crowded for new players, and old players will be satisfied.

The most painful goodbyes are the ones that are never said and never explained.
  • Activate Facebook

Vilya

Community Manager (en)

• "Vilya" is female

Thursday, 5. January 2017, 14:22

If events are the only reason for old players logging in, then the situation we find ourselves in for lack of players will continue.

New players will log in, find the game with either no one logged in at all (until the event) or logged in sitting solely in merchant mode or by arena. Both of these are game killers (as we've seen). New players, in order to stay, want to see activity. They want to find a community that is not AFK, that will assist them when they ask questions or have problems.

Anyone who has played for years knows that the reason people have come and stayed at Last Chaos is for the community, it is unrivaled by other games...it is not for the events. The community and their willingness to help others is the reason people stay, we've seen it said time and again by many people.

That has to be worked on first, rebuild the community, then the events being more consistent again will likely follow. We are getting away from the server events being run everyday things simply because it was not conducive to the community. You can argue all day long or try to put different spins on it, but numbers do not lie and that is what we go by.

Have a nice day.

Vilya
Community Manager EN/PL
Homepage | Support|
Facebook | Discord Chat
  • Activate Facebook

This post by "AnotherUser" (Thursday, 5. January 2017, 18:07) has been deleted by user "Scimitar" (Wednesday, 22. March 2017, 23:23)

Vilya

Community Manager (en)

• "Vilya" is female

Friday, 6. January 2017, 13:47

When you have the ability to see all angles as we can see, then you can make sure claims as the game being "ruined". Until then, your opinion is just that...an opinion. It carries no weight other than your own personal feelings towards the situations.

Things do change when we look at all the data, that doesn't mean you will always like the change, but it does happen. Making sarcastic and snide remarks always claiming they "ruin" the game really holds no water now as it seems to be thrown around a lot (every change in fact) in Last Chaos and yet the game is still up and running after 10 years.

You do not have to agree with the changes made, and likely you never will, but they will happen and they will happen due to the data and information we have that you all are not privy to. You are always free to keep with your opinion of doom and gloom each time it happens however.

Vilya
Community Manager EN/PL
Homepage | Support|
Facebook | Discord Chat
  • Activate Facebook

This post by "AnotherUser" (Friday, 6. January 2017, 16:11) has been deleted by user "Scimitar" (Wednesday, 22. March 2017, 23:23)

• "CJcarbon1" is male

Date of registration: 11. July 2015

Sunday, 8. January 2017, 16:32

I've tried to steer clear of fora here since the afk pet levelling 'discussions', but now I'm reading things about what new players will see when they log in, and how that will affect their decision whether to stay or not. What a new member of the community will notice first is that yes, there are a few players around who will attempt to help them, explain things, run them to and through maps they cannot find on their own. Then they go to the merch server to take a look around, and see that everything is priced in millions or billions gold, while their gold drops are in the 100-5000 range, and with the recent npc nerf, the gear drops they sell max out at MAYBE 250k, if they are selling 130-150ish stuff. The question invariably comes "How am I supposed to be able to afford to get good gear and weapons, and advance in this game?" It's not 'When is pet hide and seek?', it's not "When is the quiz?', it's 'How do I survive this economy that favors the 175-185 players but leaves us little guys no way to get to that point?'
So what are we supposed to tell that new player to encourage them to hang around? This is where the communication breaks off, because we don't KNOW what's planned, we're not told what admin is considering... We can't tell them there is going to be something cool coming down the pipe, because we're invariably proven wrong. Seriously, gang, the issue is way deeper than whether events are announced in -game or in the forums, let's work on incentivizing that newbie to hang out instead of running screaming for the door.
That said, the event calendars and in game announcements are there, people just need to pay attention... Perhaps the reason many don't see them is due to their ignoring them, assuming it's just another of the incessant item mall promo spams...

It Does Not Matter How Smart You Are, You Cannot Get Ahead By Taking Losses

Katarian Born and Bloodied, December 13, 2006 to Present

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "CJcarbon1" (8. January 2017, 17:44)

• Activate Facebook