You are not logged in.

The1AndOnly

Rising Star

• "The1AndOnly" is male
  • "The1AndOnly" started this thread

Date of registration: 6. July 2016

Occupation: industri cnc setup's and programming mastercam cadcam cimco

Monday, 20. November 2017, 02:01

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but I think what Una is referring to is if the Stun is resisted by the target, not if the skill completely misses. As far as I know, if a skill completely misses its' target, none of the effects are applied, however if a skill is resisted then the secondary effect still takes effect. A player with high Stun Resistance can still have the debuff itself on him without the Stun effect being active, but in that scenario the Elemental Debuff would still be active.

Regardless if that's it or not, I'd rather keep it a Stun skill, as I'd rather Stun people completely than simply reduce their damage output. The one benefit I could see from being able to take more hits would be if my aim was to trigger Damage Absorbtion or Solid Body, but even then what would the point of that be if the target can't move anyway? ?(

by silence u lower dmg output and skill dbuffs not just the dmg but the dbuffs. =)
and for stun every1 got anti to it no1 useing anti silence since the silence classes are all dead classes on lc usa anyways.
and if stun misses the dbuff doesnt apply maybe its broken ? idk but it sucks non the less.
the dbuff only apply if the stun is on and if cured it goes away = useless dbuff, sadly
  • Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

Crossy

Rising Star

• "Crossy" is male

Date of registration: 1. August 2015

Monday, 20. November 2017, 09:20

Not to be rude or anything, but what are you talking about? For all my years of playing, the only effect I've seen from Silence is that it prevents you from casting skills. It doesn't affect damage output.

And yes, a majority of the players run Anti-Stun, but that is partly because Stun is the bigger threat of the two, and also because there are an overabundance of rogues in the game, which are vulnerable to get Stunned from True Sight.

"If cured it goes away". Yes, but the same would be true for a Silence debuff or any kind of debuff really. If you cure a debuff, then the effects of that debuff goes away. That's the whole point of curing. As for your other points, yes if the Stun misses the debuff doesn't apply. Not denying that. If the Stun hits but is resisted (due to Anti-Stun), then the debuff can still apply. That being said, I am well aware that's not always the case, but the same can be said about other Elemental Attack Debuff skills like Hell's FIreball and Mana Break 2, so if that is broken, then it's a bug in the system, not the class.

• Activate Facebook

The1AndOnly

Rising Star

• "The1AndOnly" is male

Monday, 20. November 2017, 10:32

silence dbuff element attack and the ability of useing skills.
dbuff element attack = huge drop in dmg. and that cleric skill is super slow so why not have it more usefull ? or atleast have people think how build up anti ??
when arch witch silence the dbuff still apply even if silence is cured buy owl cure, tho not if cure correctly.
and why only have anti stun / stone ? why dont we get to use all 3 ? the arch witch and the archers are both broken in other ways so their not worth to play as their counter part is 10x more fun and stronger / or better.

• Activate Facebook

Crossy

Rising Star

• "Crossy" is male

Date of registration: 1. August 2015

Monday, 20. November 2017, 14:36

Sorry bro, but I still think that the skill is useful as it is, and changing it to a Silence skill wouldn't help it. Regardless of your arguments, completely freezing an opponent in place so they can't do literally anything is still better than simply taking away their skill usage. On a basic level, Stun as a debuff will always be superior to Silence as a debuff. The only reason that Silence is somewhat more viable right now is because everyone is running Anti-Stun, not because of any inherent weakness in the debuff itself.

Debuffing someone's Elemental Attack generally results in loss of 2/3 of a person's damage output (roughly). And yes, if you Stun someone this wouldn't matter at all since the target wouldn't be able to move anyway but why would you even need it in that scenario? As it is, a lot of people run Anti-Stun, so a lot of the time the Stun effect don't even take effect, but that is why the Elemental Attack debuff isn't wasted, even on a Stun skill. Even if the Stun is resisted due to Anti-Stun, the elemental debuff can still apply, so even if the Stun is resisted, they would still have to cure it unless they want to hit like a pillow.

Removing a debuff should remove all effects of it, regardless of what methods you removed it by. If not, then that's a glitch or bug. Personally, I have never experienced that a debuff would remain after it was removed. Why only have Anti-Stun/Stone? Because those are the more bothersome of the debuffs, and also because those are the more common of the debuffs. You're free to cap out your Anti-Silence if you want, but it wouldn't really serve a purpose, since you almost never are hit with Silence anyway.

I can speak from experience on the latter, because I used to have capped out my Anti-Silence a few years back, but it literally didn't matter because no1 used it against me aside from a single player who used it in arena just to spite me. Even if more classes could use Silence, it wouldn't be hard to cap it out due to the Boss Accesories. As for Archwitch and Archer not being played much, I don't see how that is even relevant for a discussion about changing a Cleric Skill?

• Activate Facebook

The1AndOnly

Rising Star

• "The1AndOnly" is male

Monday, 20. November 2017, 18:32

as said when stun misses the dbuff doesnt apply. and for that the dbuff is pointless to have attached to it ?
besides the stun on its own is useless as well as for anti and if u look at bosses acc and how people build its to cheap and effective yet it wear down to if u tank those dura can go waste in less then 15 mins, depends on the amount u tank = dura would be rather useless if your planning to tank. but as for other classes in a bigger perspective haveing more silence skills as well would mean more would build for it and it would result in a bigger change to pvp couse as u only really need anti stun stone its to easy
and the owl cure with allmoste 0 cd i think its only fair that silence is to be a more effective skill and for cleric with stun as it is they doesnt have much of a chance in pvp couse it is noticed right away as it stops people completely and alot of ways to lower it land and alot of cures.
as for silence barely any1 run with the anti or even the cures cause the owl cure is more then plenty to keep it cured while stun or stone u actualy need more means even u run with the anti.
its like putting out that silence is as forgotten as elementalist, archer, rk and highlander in pvp.
or maybe make changes to the where they get silence ? archers have it but its really the only skill they got besides para thats usefull and their still weak. as for low dmg and 0 ability to take hits. while clerics is allmoste 0 dmg and big time tank or some ok and but 0 ability to tank ? why not make it more even out ?
have u tryed looking into how little hr or eva u can actualy build on cleric / archer ? compared to rogue ? or other classes ? while the other classes have far better ability's attached to skills.
sure clerics are nice for pvp as a tank. but thats allso it.
silence is just a 0 used skill and i think it should be more relevant. and as for stun it is a really slow skill to cast and allmoste never land couse every1 use anti to counter it, while as for a change it could be far more relevant and if people really do understand to play and notice whats going on it woulden be an issue it would just take those who pvp more to do better then people who dont and allso make it somewhat more even in play2win / pay2win scenario's.
you off all people should kno this? i just hope some1 see the picture of it as it is a relevant change allso makes clerics somewhat the same. ?
allso once again why would a cleric want to stun ? its a light toon not a heavy.. stuns where originaly a heavy class skill not a light ?

as u said, completely freezing an opponent in place so they can't do literally anything is still better than simply taking away their skill usage.
makes them cure it right away since it is noticed within less then a second.-
as u said, Debuffing someone's Elemental Attack generally results in loss of 2/3 of a person's damage output (roughly). And yes, if you Stun someone this wouldn't matter at all since the target wouldn't be able to move anyway
again another factor for why to change it why stun ? stop a target and dbuff ? its a useless combination. then remove the stun, allso look at how often u get to cast that skill in pvp even u have haste, if u get to actualy cast it your enemy is weak and clueless about what their doing. the time it takes to cast that skill u will die 10 times in a pvp scenario.-
there are still bugs about all the stuff even as malachite is popped u can allso get hit but normal dmg. even its not supose to.
could allso make the stun like a decay ? not 100% silence but skill fail rate ? rather then stun sadly that would blow for lower lvls.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "The1AndOnly" (20. November 2017, 18:40)

• Activate Facebook