You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Last Chaos Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Caugsmire

Rising Star

• "Caugsmire" is male
  • "Caugsmire" started this thread

Date of registration: 14. July 2015

Tuesday, 6. February 2018, 13:57

X-Trap and Antivirus

So I changed my antivirus from AVG Free to Bitdefender Free, only to discover X-Trap doesn't like Bitdefender and shuts LC down. I stopped using AVG Free because of the annoying pop-ups, but at the moment I have to disable Bitdefender every time I want to play LC...
Can I ask what other free anti-virus programs people use that don't annoy X-Trap?
Caugsmire

• Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

Sayannn

Rising Star

Date of registration: 20. October 2015

Tuesday, 6. February 2018, 15:13

I use: Microsoft Security Essentials

• Activate Facebook

os trim

Date of registration: 31. January 2018

Tuesday, 6. February 2018, 18:28

I have a similar problem with mccafe, it keeps quarantining the engine DLL folder for last chaos and I gotta restore it every time I launch the game, super annoying

• Activate Facebook

Vilya

Community Manager (en/es/it/pl/ru)

• "Vilya" is female

Date of registration: 3. September 2014

Tuesday, 6. February 2018, 21:08

mccafe
I totally read this as McCafe (as in the coffee from McDonalds) hahaha.

Personally, I use AVG or Avast if you're looking for free anti-virus. There is also Panda Anti-virus, which I used to use as a secondary scan as its based via the Cloud.

On my work PC, however, I use PC-Matic which is a yearly subscription based anti-virus.

Community Manager EN/ES/IT/PL/RU
Homepage | Support|
Facebook | Discord Chat
  • Activate Facebook

Date of registration: 6. December 2017

Wednesday, 7. February 2018, 10:31

I have a similar problem with mccafe, it keeps quarantining the engine DLL folder for last chaos and I gotta restore it every time I launch the game, super annoying
Add it to your exclusions
Home of the uBEr nOOb
  • Activate Facebook

Caugsmire

Rising Star

• "Caugsmire" is male

Wednesday, 7. February 2018, 12:49

Thanks for the responses - I'll give Avast a try before returning to AVG - I just get annoyed with the popups offering to do something and then directing you to the paid-for version... Yes trim, your problem is your av quarantining lc and the solution is to add the game folder to your av's exclusion list; mine is x-trap objecting to the av and stopping lc from running...

• Activate Facebook

Penn

Date of registration: 28. December 2017

Wednesday, 7. February 2018, 14:11

X-Trap Kick

You do an update and now X-Trap kicks me before loading the game. I use Web Root but not technically savvy. I just want to play the game and not have to worry about this kind of stuff. What is the fix so I can play the game and join my friends? Or is there a fix and I just have to stop this game.

• Activate Facebook

Caugsmire

Rising Star

• "Caugsmire" is male

Wednesday, 7. February 2018, 14:26

I suggest you temporarily disable webroot and see if the problem goes away. If so, your options are:

(1) disable webroot before starting Last Chaos and re-enable it afterwards

(2) replace webroot with another antivirus program

(3) stop playing LC

If disabling webroot doesn't solve the problem, try deleting the xtrap folder - mine is at C:\Program Files\Gamigo\LastChaosUS\Bin

• Activate Facebook

Penn

Date of registration: 28. December 2017

Wednesday, 7. February 2018, 15:25

Thank you. I disabled Web Root and was able to log in. Thank you Caugsmire!

• Activate Facebook

omac

Date of registration: 7. February 2018

Wednesday, 7. February 2018, 15:57

X-Trap Kick

I am having this same problem. I use Norton anti-virus as i have for years without issue. I have disabled it and started game, and x trap still prevents launch. I have tried deleting the x-trap file, and it re-appears as soon as you attempt to launch the game.

I, like many other people, am having this problem constantly. Every time there is an update. EVERY TIME. Today its worse, as no matter what I do I cannot open the game. Previously ive been able to disable software or reinstall game, however i have reinstalled 5 times now and disabled software for it to still NOT WORK.

I would like to know how to fix this, as I think its absolutely ridiculous that so many people constantly have this problem and no actual fix has been done for it.

• Activate Facebook

SavoEva

Date of registration: 1. September 2016

Wednesday, 7. February 2018, 16:40

I, like many other people, am having this problem constantly. Every time there is an update. EVERY TIME. Today its worse, as no matter what I do I cannot open the game. Previously ive been able to disable software or reinstall game, however i have reinstalled 5 times now and disabled software for it to still NOT WORK.

Omac try to excluding the Gamigo folder from scans that should help u
  • Activate Facebook