You are not logged in.

• "DynamicPineapple2" started this thread

Date of registration: 4. February 2016

Thursday, 3. May 2018, 18:25

Why the Elementalist class is so broken

If you agree this class is broken and needs to be upgraded

A total of 20 Votes have been submitted.

95%

Yes (19)

5%

No (1)

If you think the elementalist class is perfect fine I think you might need to get your head checked or you obviously have never taken the time to play the class itself.
So lets get to it
The 1st problem along the very long list for this class is that Spirits are killed in 1 hit by other players yet the spirits themselves hit very little on their target if they even hit.
The 2nd problem is tied in with the end of the first problem, which is the spirits are easily glitched and will not hit for a very long amount of time.
The 3rd problem is that spirits have terrible hit rate in pvp.
The 4th problem is the fire summon spirit's skill, which is a suicide skill that never hits 97% of the time.
The 5th problem and this is a really annoying one and it's that when using shift+b to use your second summon's skill this is also the command to open up the Last Chaos website, which proves that they have totally forgotten about the elementalist and how it functions.
The 6th problem is that elementalist has just terrible stats on him compared to most other toons.
The 7th problem is that his attack speed which is base 14 and gets lowered to 11 with windy hands is far too low for high low his skill damage is.
The 8th problem is that the elementalist is a skill based toon, but all his skills besides chain lightning and ice spike have have a terrible cool down timer on them with a very significant mana consumption to make them just that much worse not even considering their low damage.
The 9th problem is that the elementalist's skills do not have enough damage and that they need to be buffed up, because even with the target elemental debuffed the elementalist's skills still do low damage.
The 10th problem I find is the range on the skill Blazing Fire.
The 11th problem is the Spirit's movement speed, because it is far too slow.
The 12th problem is the buff Mana Screen and the problem with this is that it hardly makes a difference in how fast your spirit's die and will consume all your mana for making almost no change in the overall outcome of the fight.

Some simple fixed to the Elementalist would include lowering the mana cost of skills a little, lowering the cooldown cost of the skills significantly, upgrading the skill's damage, Increasing the range on Blazing Fire from 5.0 to 10.0, increasing spirit's movement speed to match the elementalist's movement speed, upgrading spirit's damage and hitrate, and change how the elementalist can use his spirit's skills without having to use shift+5 or shift+b.
Maybe make spirit's invincible in pvp, but not invincible in pve and I don't know how they could do that, but if they could manage that it would fix them being 1 hit so easily in pvp and I don't think it would be too overpowered because elementalist is a pretty easy class to kill for any toon. Another solution would be to increase spirit's health to 200,000 and give them elemental defense or something along those lines.
The third solution instead of these other two would be to fix Mana Screen and make each attackers hit on your spirit's do 0 damage, but instead have it consume 200 mana per hit.
As far as the problem with spirits glitching and not being able to attack for long periods of time that is a problem with the programming.

• Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

currykaran2

Rising Star

Date of registration: 14. July 2017

Thursday, 3. May 2018, 20:25

I agree with everything but the fix for elemental spirits. I think a better fix for them would be to have the same stats as the player. For example, if the player has 100k HP, 5k hr, 10k eva, 10 atk speed, the spirits should mimic the stats with their own elemental differences:

Wind: 7 atk speed (Since Wind's blessing lowers atk speed)
Fire: 7k HR (Since fire blessing increases HR)
Water: 12k eva (Since water blessing increases Eva)
Earth: 150k hp (Since earth blessing increases HP)

Along with that, give them lvl 2 of their own elemental atk/def. Meaning Wind will have lvl 2 wind atk, and lvl 2 wind def, and so on.

And yes, I also tried playing this character, and it's far more fun than most other classes currently available, but even with the best evasion set ingame, along with a +31 dura and a decent base... my spirits died the second I got into arena with an AOE, and I died before I could reach my target. This is with 320+ base eva on each piece, along with lvl 14-15 evasion jewels + owls. A spec can reach 9.8k eva with that stuff, but a elementalist only reaches about 7k.

• Activate Facebook

Thursday, 3. May 2018, 20:35

That could be another solution to fix spirit's 1 hit problem

• Activate Facebook

ExcallabuR

Rising Star

Thursday, 3. May 2018, 20:55

Can I suggest you do a post with bullet point examples of fixes? Between us, the elemenatlaists whom have done posts there are plenty of fixes we could list, then you can ask people to reply with bullet point lists for which they agree with and which they disagree with and which ones they agree with in principal but would like amended from examples.

-Eze / Ray

EzeEle 185 True Elementalist - EzeAssasin 16x Ex-Assassin - EzeArcher 16x Archer - EzeNS 16x NightShadow

-----------------------------------------------------------------

LC USA Player since December 2006
  • Activate Facebook

Thursday, 3. May 2018, 21:19

To be honest it wouldn't matter, because I hardly think they even care about this game besides the money it brings in for them while they make false promises of change and instead work on new item mall items to further milk this cash cow.

• Activate Facebook

Caugsmire

Rising Star

• "Caugsmire" is male

Date of registration: 14. July 2015

Friday, 4. May 2018, 00:15

As an elementalist for over 10 years who has still only got to lvl 165 so far - yes to all of the above and especially to linking elementals' stats to that of their owner...
One more fix would apply to the soul of elementalist which is supposed to improve critical and deadly hits, but is such short-range that it has little or no effect in pve and none at all in pvp

• Activate Facebook