• "MujharCarillon" started this thread

Date of registration: 18. July 2015

Tuesday, 5. February 2019, 20:27

New resolutions and colour depths.

60%

Yes (9)

40%

No (6)

I would like to request higher resolutions and colour dephs to Last Chaos. Preferrably those above 2560x1440 dpi and 8bit colour dephs.

Sorry Ladies and Bruces, but I recently bought a new graphics card and monitor. New monitor is a 28" 4k monitor, with a 10bit colour deph. I'll see about uploading a screen shot I took, that shows everythin to me really small, when the display is on 125%. This includes Last Chaos, as well. Right now, my display is on 150%, and I suspect that being so high, might be causing the [screen] flashes I've seen.

Ashampoo_Snap_2019.02.03_04h06m29s_001_-nibCCapture-e9a4e89c-74a9-40e9-bf76-c614adddaea6.png Photo by Defiant65 | Photobucket

"Can You Dance Like The Crew? Can You Do What We Do? Check It Out When We're Through. And Don't Forget That Our Moves Are True."

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "MujharCarillon" (12. February 2019, 11:06)

• Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

Anonimix

Date of registration: 3. February 2019

Tuesday, 5. February 2019, 20:51

Idea of new resolution is ok, but color depth in games is something different than monitor/tv etc. (screen) color depth. Btw. in game You have 32-bit depth which is the highest for every graphics.

• Activate Facebook

MujharCarillon

Rising Star

• "MujharCarillon" is male

Tuesday, 5. February 2019, 21:14

All the 10bit colour deph does, is to add more colours. 8bit gives 16.7 mill, but 10 bit gives us 1.074 bill colours.

"Can You Dance Like The Crew? Can You Do What We Do? Check It Out When We're Through. And Don't Forget That Our Moves Are True."
  • Activate Facebook

Vilya

Community Manager (en)

• "Vilya" is female

Date of registration: 3. September 2014

Tuesday, 5. February 2019, 21:57

Just a few things for you to ponder:

1) Pixel count has no effect on the quality of onscreen pictures; it only determines display size.
Laymans terms - If a screen res is 1600 x 1200 and the image is 800 x 600 then this means the image only takes up 800 x 600 of the allowable 1600 x 1200.

Therefore, the higher you set your resolution, the smaller the images will appear on your screen as the image size itself does not change.

This will happen with games which utilize 1600 x 1200 screen resolution as well. Your 125% display size has no bearing on in game content.

2) Your screen flashes have to do with Hertz settings, not resolution settings.

Vilya
Community Manager EN/PL
Homepage | Support|
Facebook | Discord Chat
  • Activate Facebook

MujharCarillon

Rising Star

Tuesday, 12. February 2019, 09:59

Vilya,

Perhaps, then, our much vaunted developers could put 4k resolution and 10 bit colour depth support, into Last Chaos. Apologies to you and your team, Vilya, but where I'm standing, the Gamigo devs are becoming more and more like the BarunSon devs, every day. Always giving us this, and that, and something else, but never what we really need. And that's assuming they bother themselves into doing anything, in the first place. What we need most of all, Vilya, is the elephant bugs properly fixed, plus a permanent end to all of the disconnects we all experience. And that's on top of the rest of the problems properly fixed, many of which, have been waiting to be fixed, for the last 10 - 12 years. And that's before they bring out the patch that's currently on the test server.

As for the flashes, Vilya, it only happens when the display is at 150%, but not at 100% and 125%.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "MujharCarillon" (12. February 2019, 11:09)

• Activate Facebook

Mendek

Rising Star

• "Mendek" is male

Date of registration: 14. October 2016

Tuesday, 12. February 2019, 12:38

Ultra HD and HDR in a 13 year old game running on an 18 year old engine? As Vilya said LC's interface is not scalable and it would be totally unreadable in higher resolutions. Best you can do is to run full screen 1920x1080.

• Activate Facebook

MujharCarillon

Rising Star

Tuesday, 12. February 2019, 17:14

Last Chaos may be old, but ultra HD, HDR and scalability can still be built into it. Especially if the game engine is swapped over for a current DirectX 11 engine. I say DirectX 11, because the LC's recommended hardware calls for DirectX 11. Go check it out, if you all wish. Oh, and I did ask Vilya about the DirectX 11 bit, some time ago. She didn't know at the time, but did put forward the possibility of Last Chaos needing certain functions/features contained in it.

• Activate Facebook

Thursday, 2. May 2019, 04:23

I'm using a laptop. External graphics cards do not able to promote the game. In addition, I think it should be compatible with Windows 10 and should be optimized a little.

Optimization of the game to be more stable in the current systems needs to be done. Windows 10 crashes continuously. These problems need to be solved. I think that if the issues are generally corrected and the work is done, the game can attract a nice audience.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "darktower" (25. May 2019, 09:28)

• Activate Facebook

ghost107

Date of registration: 6. October 2016

Wednesday, 12. June 2019, 09:09

Since resolutions changed, how about changing images, in the game, to vector images, like SVG format, to support high resolution monitors(to avoid seeing a image pixelated).
This won't fix, the small images, since LC has its UI layout with a fixed size in pixels, would be nice to have an option to scale the UI for example, for example in options setting a track-bar or a textbox where the user could input how much it should scale it.

• Activate Facebook