No has iniciado sesión.

Estimado visitante, bienvenido a Last Chaos Forum. Si esta es tu primera visita, lee la ayuda. Se explica de forma detallada el funcionamiento de esta página. Para usar todas las características de esta página, recomendamos que te registres. Usa el formulario de registro, para registrarte, o lee mas información sobre el proceso de registro. Si ya te has registrado, inicia sesión aquí.

currykaran2

Aspirante a héroe

• "currykaran2" inició esta conversación

Publicaciones: 63

Fecha de registro: 14. July 2017

• Enviar mensaje privado

Saturday, 21. September 2019, 06:19

Where's the progress?

For like the last 5 years, we've been told over and over again that the development team is still getting used to the base. From one developer to another, how long does it honestly take to get used to a piece of code (regardless of the base, or engine used).

We have seen 1? content update in last 2 years, an update I'm pretty (VERY sure) no one asked for. And when I asked about it, I was told it was in the works for 7 years? What.

Can we honestly get some context into what is going to be available in the near future? I understand updates are kept under wraps until near release... but I'm sure no one is coming around on Last Chaos attempting to steal content. This way at least the community can throw some input into what is added.

Along with that, when are the fixes coming? Developers were able to implement new error messages for the constant crashes, but are not able to figure out a fix for the issue present? What? I'm am actually so confused... and every time someone asks, we get the good ol' runaround. lol

And I understand the Community Manager (The highest ranking staff member that can be reached) has limited knowledge of what goes on behind the curtains, but if the Community Manager isn't able to provide vital details into the future of the game, what is the purpose of the rank?
And that's not me taking shots at Vilya, she is great at her job, she's just the right amount of nice and mean, but simply does not have the information some people would prefer to know to have some hope for this game.

I'm tired of making a ticket for everything lol... a ticket to hear "we're working on it", 7 days later. Might as well just tell me that in the first place.

This will probably get deleted or we'll get the good ol' run around, but I was bored so I thought I'd leave my two cents.

• Ir a la parte superior de la página
  • Activate Facebook

Jefalo

Aspirante a héroe

Publicaciones: 274

Fecha de registro: 14. June 2016

• Enviar mensaje privado

Saturday, 21. September 2019, 09:49

To be honest, i don't want new content to this game, a lot of things already exists, just they aren't competitive at a stage of it became tragic.

Some examples:

Barrier + Aragonite + Guild Pvp abso skill = 100% damage abso most of the time... wut?

Only Barrier + Aragonite = 80% Abso, it force people to play Witch, else they have to make ignition to kill someone during 7/8 of the time of the battle... Boring as hell.

For the class tier list:

Rank S witch, rank A NS and cleric, the rest is trash without ignition.

We aren't making skills for now 5 years.

Everything i am saying before can be fixed easily with "balancing" updates that cost cleary nothing :/, and with 0 code edit.

For example, don't allow Barrier, Aragonite, Guild Pvp abso skills to be combined, reduce the amount of armor to make physical classes great again or increase the amount of magic armor..... easy things to do .

The most important thing, is to make balancing updates like "good" games do, and it will increase your amount of euros earned, if every 6 month the "best" class is another one.

• Activate Facebook

unavailable

Aspirante a héroe

• "unavailable" es hombre

Publicaciones: 167

Fecha de registro: 14. January 2015

• Enviar mensaje privado

Saturday, 21. September 2019, 15:58

Barrier + Aragonite + Guild Pvp abso skill = 100% damage abso most of the time... wut?
Only Barrier + Aragonite = 80% Abso, it force people to play Witch, else they have to make ignition to kill someone during 7/8 of the time of the battle... Boring as hell.

that is completely not how those things work.....
  • Activate Facebook

Jefalo

Aspirante a héroe

• Enviar mensaje privado

Saturday, 21. September 2019, 17:10

it works like this... maybe inside the USA server people aren't enought competitive.

here is a video maybe to show you how to be good... : https://youtu.be/ZeUiMX0z7V0?t=833

Esta publicación se ha editado 1 veces, editada por última vez por "Jefalo" (21. September 2019, 17:15) por el siguiente motivo: edit video link

• Activate Facebook

currykaran2

Aspirante a héroe

• Enviar mensaje privado

Saturday, 21. September 2019, 18:01

It's not just about new content. I mean show of progress in general. Something to indicate that the developers are actually doing something. Something to hold them accountable to in a few weeks/months/years when we don't get what they promised to give.

I love the game, but I have honestly not seen a more dysfunctional management team (above CM). One that keeps out of the community and hinders progress. There is no show of anything. We get the same copied and pasted response every time we ask something.

• Activate Facebook

Jefalo

Aspirante a héroe

• Enviar mensaje privado

Saturday, 21. September 2019, 18:13

Yes,you are right, and this communication issue is only with last chaos.

For others games like Archeage, gamigo is making announcements...

• Activate Facebook

Remnant

Joven aventurero

• "Remnant" es mujer

Publicaciones: 52

Fecha de registro: 23. July 2015

Ocupación: Freelance Artist

• Enviar mensaje privado

Saturday, 21. September 2019, 22:21

I've made a post before on how they could work on maybe fixing up the NS class... true though there's a lot that needs to be worked on before any content updates... but seeing as how I leave for months on end and come back to just the item mall sales being updated... makes me bored all over again. This game has a lot of potential, but it's wasted.

I'm nobody! Who are you?
Are you nobody, too?
  • Activate Facebook

Vilya

Community Manager (en/es/it/pl/ru)

• "Vilya" es mujer

Publicaciones: 8,558

Fecha de registro: 3. September 2014

Ocupación: Last Chaos Community Manager

• Enviar mensaje privado

Sunday, 22. September 2019, 15:12

last 5 years
Slight correction, we will have owned the code 3 years in October. And have been building the development team since who, once built, need to learn almost 13 year old code and get trained how the company they work for does things. Some stick around, some choose to go and the process repeats with the next hire.
in the works for 7 years
Not quite, this made me giggle.
We have seen 1? content update in last 2 years, an update I'm pretty (VERY sure) no one asked for.
There have been other updates and content created. Regardless of if anyone asked or not.
what is the purpose of the rank?
Umm...Manage the Community? O.o
she's just the right amount of nice and mean
Thank you. 8o
Something to hold them accountable to
While I know much, much more information than I tell you guys...this has a lot to do with why. We will not promise you something which cannot be delivered in the time claimed or it will create a riot. Therefore we prefer to develop it, test it, fix what we can find wrong. maybe add it to VIP test, fix things you guys find wrong and such, try again and repeat until we have a product we feel can be put out to the public. Therefore, until/when it reaches VIP status no one but internal staff is told about it. If it seems to just not work out entirely, the project can be scrapped without any promises made and broken.

We are working on things, things are being developed, bug fixes worked on, new content coming....when and what will not shared until it is pushed to VIP or live server.
For others games like Archeage, gamigo is making announcements...
Because AA is about to go a pay service for Unchained or F2P for Legacy. ;)

This also proves my point about giving information about development before it is ready and making promises, if you have been keeping up with their streams and such. ;)

P.S. Also I forgot about this: 301 Moved Permanently Anyone who wanted to be made aware of what was being worked on or tested had a chance to apply for tester and to know ahead of time what was going on...

Community Manager EN/ES/IT/PL/RU
Homepage | Support|
Facebook | Discord Chat

Esta publicación se ha editado 1 veces, editada por última vez por "Vilya" (22. September 2019, 15:45) por el siguiente motivo: Added in P.S.

• Activate Facebook

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

mindgirl (03.12.2019)

Fire

Héroe resistente

• "Fire" es hombre

Publicaciones: 271

Fecha de registro: 11. November 2014

Ocupación: Ver caer los copos de Tarian.

• Enviar mensaje privado

Sunday, 22. September 2019, 17:28

How about making Last Chaos 2 with a new and easier engine for developers and an option to turn on old or new updated textures?

• Activate Facebook

Jefalo

Aspirante a héroe

• Enviar mensaje privado

Sunday, 22. September 2019, 17:50

Vilya if you compare Archeage with last chaos, the future update can only be insane O,o.

• Activate Facebook

Vilya

• "Vilya" es mujer

• Enviar mensaje privado

Sunday, 22. September 2019, 17:57

Vilya if you compare Archeage with last chaos, the future update can only be insane O,o.
One cannot effectively compare LC and AA. LC is 13 years old, AA is 5.

There are a few games as old as LC, but those were developed and published in house the whole time, so their developers were already informed with how things were done and how the coding worked. LC was developed by Barunson until 3 years ago (next month) and we have been building our dev team and training since. There have been new content and new events created, regardless of whether or not user wish to count them as new or not. ;)

Homepage | Support|
Facebook | Discord Chat
  • Activate Facebook

currykaran2

Aspirante a héroe

• Enviar mensaje privado

Sunday, 22. September 2019, 18:06

Slight correction, we will have owned the code 3 years in October. And have been building the development team since who, once built, need to learn almost 13 year old code and get trained how the company they work for does things. Some stick around, some choose to go and the process repeats with the next hire.
It would take a professional team of 3-4 members to re-write Last Chaos from scratch in their preferred language in less than 3 years. I understand no one's looking to re-write anything due to labor and cost, but there is no way on god's green earth can you make me believe that at least 1 person on that development team has not gotten the glimpse of how to work on Last Chaos code.
It also only takes 2 minutes of getting used to, to fix 80% of the bugs being reported. Yet almost every poll is archived and forgotten. Make a new poll about it and it gets shut down due to one being there already from a year ago. For something that takes an amateur programmer minutes to figure out.

There have been other updates and content created. Regardless of if anyone asked or not.
Quite simply my point. Why work on content that no one is backing... lack of information leads to dumb choices, dumb choice lead to these threads. 100 people would clap for a fix that is voted on in the suggestions forum, no one even batted an eye for the pet fusion event.

P.S. Also I forgot about this: 301 Moved Permanently Anyone who wanted to be made aware of what was being worked on or tested had a chance to apply for tester and to know ahead of time what was going on...
Lol... apply to this was the fastest response to a ticket I've ever received. It took them less than a day to reject me, but took longer to answer the ticket I had made before. Fun.
  • Activate Facebook

Vilya

• "Vilya" es mujer

• Enviar mensaje privado

Sunday, 22. September 2019, 18:19

As I stated before....likely up to 4 times now....we had to build a team from nothing, train them (not in coding, in the ways of the company and such). Some stayed, some left...back to rebuilding a team and repeat training.

There has been more than just the pet fusion system, as well as bugs fixed. But as explained...once again multiple times previously....Aeria and Barunson did alot of bandaid fixing. They did not properly find the issue and resolve it, they coded around it....so fixing many of the bugs takes time due to fixing it since it breaks other things when done...this requires a bit of re-coding to fix it correctly so it does not break other things. You can claim everything is oh so easy while sitting on the sidelines without ever really knowing the issues, truth be told it is all assumption on your part and not based in reality as you truly do not know.

The suggestions which were archived were either handled or denied due to lack of enthusiasm judging from the poll results...or they were duplicate threads as people did not sue the search function before creating them.

As for content, no company works solely on content that someone is "backing"...most often it is content the development team already is working on as content or it is decided by the production team. Usually development teams, once built and working well together, will have their entire year planned already for what will be worked on. This of course is changed when other problems arise or things are not going well as far as implementation which throws the project off schedule and moves the entire yearly plan.

We do listen to suggestions and quite a bit of what has been put into the game is from player suggestions (remember there are 7 languages, not just English...). Even small content or changes is still a change even if you choose to not believe it.

As for being denied, I am quite certain they had their reasons. That is a different department than normal Customer Support, hence the response time.

Homepage | Support|
Facebook | Discord Chat
  • Activate Facebook

VassRulz

Joven aventurero

Publicaciones: 9

Fecha de registro: 21. June 2019

• Enviar mensaje privado

Monday, 23. September 2019, 04:26

Agreed with karan

100% Agree. Quite sad
to think that with the millions of dollars that goes into this game a year they cant
hire a single competent staff/developer. Vilya tries her best and I respect her
but she seems like the only hardworking person on a ship that has been sinking
for a long time.

Players dont expect a
crazy amount of change but simple things, balance changes, bug fixes, year long
error crashes (like looking at accs). These small things that could be solved
by a minor developer and make a world of difference and show the players that
Gamigo cares for the years of support by the players. Pay to win or not If it
wasn't for the support of the players this game would still not be alive today
and gamigo should respect that and put in the basic effort. Because what they
"claim" to be working on now is simply not sufficient.

It would take a professional team of 3-4 members to re-write Last Chaos from scratch in their preferred language in less than 3 years. I understand no one's looking to re-write anything due to labor and cost, but there is no way on god's green earth can you make me believe that at least 1 person on that development team has not gotten the glimpse of how to work on Last Chaos code.
It also only takes 2 minutes of getting used to, to fix 80% of the bugs being reported. Yet almost every poll is archived and forgotten. Make a new poll about it and it gets shut down due to one being there already from a year ago. For something that takes an amateur programmer minutes to figure out.

Quite simply my point. Why work on content that no one is backing... lack of information leads to dumb choices, dumb choice lead to these threads. 100 people would clap for a fix that is voted on in the suggestions forum, no one even batted an eye for the pet fusion event.

Lol... apply to this was the fastest response to a ticket I've ever received. It took them less than a day to reject me, but took longer to answer the ticket I had made before. Fun.
  • Activate Facebook

unavailable

Aspirante a héroe

• Enviar mensaje privado

Monday, 23. September 2019, 08:14

to think that with the millions of dollars that goes into this game a year they cant
hire a single competent staff/developer.

I wouldn't call it "millions" lol, plus gamigo doesn't really have the power to do that. all they can do is post a job opening and try to find someone, ultimately its the people that apply that either want it or not, and I can already tell you, most developers don't want a job where you have to work in 13 year old code, tbh no money is worth that hassle.

Players dont expect a
crazy amount of change but simple things, balance changes, bug fixes, year long
error crashes (like looking at accs). These small things that could be solved
by a minor developer and make a world of difference and show the players that
Gamigo cares for the years of support by the players.

If all those would be "simple things" i am almost 100% sure they would all have been done and fixed by now. So no, they aren't simple at all.
Take the error crash from looking at accessories for instance, its very very irregular, doesnt happen 100% of the time.
Balance changes - its not just "oh lets change some skills and it will be fine". Any changes you make to skills / damage affects nearly everything in the game, PVP, PVE and so on. So essentially you need to change all of it for it to work.

I get people want changes, but thinking everything is "simple" and "easy" is just either being dumb, or delusional.
  • Activate Facebook

Jefalo

Aspirante a héroe

• Enviar mensaje privado

Monday, 23. September 2019, 08:58

My changes in my 1st post are easy to do, and they are instantly effective...
Somes changes are hard to make, but there most of us aren t talking about hard changes.

• Activate Facebook

unavailable

Aspirante a héroe

• Enviar mensaje privado

Monday, 23. September 2019, 11:07

My changes in my 1st post are easy to do, and they are instantly effective...
Somes changes are hard to make, but there most of us aren t talking about hard changes.

they aren't because what you listed in there doesn't work in the way you described it at all. Especially aragonite, barrier and guild buff stacking.
If it worked the way you describe it, I can guarantee you 100% no one would take DCS and MCS EVER on US if I am there and wouldn't kill anyone at sieges.
  • Activate Facebook

Jefalo

Aspirante a héroe

• Enviar mensaje privado

Monday, 23. September 2019, 12:31

unavaible, you are a pvp player? i am, and it works like this.

Don't answer me again until you test it, thanks you....

If good guilds are playing with Witchs, there is a reason no?

Maybe you don't even know what "stone" is....

btw when i am saying good guilds, i don't even know if there is a good guild in the usa server^^ so i am saying in general.

Esta publicación se ha editado 2 veces, editada por última vez por "Jefalo" (23. September 2019, 13:04)

• Activate Facebook

unavailable

Aspirante a héroe

• Enviar mensaje privado

Monday, 23. September 2019, 13:08

unavaible, you are a pvp player? i am, and it works like this.

Don't answer me again until you test it, thanks you....

If good guilds are playing with Witchs, there is a reason no?

Maybe you don't even know what "stone" is....

btw when i am saying good guilds, i don't even know if there is a good guild in the usa server^^ so i am saying in general.

Karan, tell him if I am a pvp player or not.

Witches stone is nothing more than a skill, if you build your character right, stone lands 1 out of 15 casts, so if you are hinting at witches being "OP" they aren't.
And I tested it out multiple times, since I am playing this game since the beta, so I know perfectly what I am talking about.
If it worked the way you describe it I could easily solo take both sieges on the 1st try.
  • Activate Facebook

Jefalo

Aspirante a héroe

• Enviar mensaje privado

Monday, 23. September 2019, 13:10

i wont answer you again, GO TEST aragonite buff + barrier + guild buff.........................
help me good players of others nations.

• Activate Facebook