• "SmoknStuntDevil" started this thread

Date of registration: 6. August 2015

Sunday, 12. July 2020, 20:37

Elementalist Offhand Tome Suggestion

88%

Yes (21)

13%

No (3)

There are quite a few problems with the balance of Elementalists, which I know many have been addressed at this point. I have an idea that may help some of the larger issues with them. The biggest issue is the spirits die so quickly in battle (especially PvP – one hit every time) and I think this is due to having no elemental defense or attack. My suggestion would be to add an item for the offhand of the Elementalist (same spot as a shield for TK) that has specific traits that only apply to the spirits and not the Elementalist. This could be in the form of a tome, a bracelet, Navi, etc. These could also be added to boxes that drop shield and NS wings for the higher level equipment. I will explain a few ideas on how this could work to help picture its applications for battle.

The first part would be each tome of specific levels will grant a level of elemental defense and attack. So let’s say level 1-100 tomes would grant each spirit their respective element of attack and defense at level 1. (Earth spirit - level 1 earth defense and level 1 earth attack, Fire spirit - level 1 fire defense and level 1 fire attack, and so on). At levels 101-179, the tomes would grant level 2 defense and attack. And 180+ (with the knowledge of the new content I have so far) level 3 attack and defense would be granted to the spirits. Each tome's level would correspond to a weapon level (level 73 weap, level 85 weap, level 97 weap, etc.).

The second part would need to be tested on how much of an impact the elemental defenses work for the spirits. But these tomes could be upgradable to +30 with a defense stat that applies to the spirits only. Spirits already gain attack based on the Elementalist, but the defense is (to my knowledge) a flat number. Fighting against +30 weapons is no fun for them, and when the entirety of the class’s passives is put towards the spirits (except an HP passive), it’s sort of sad to see them never used or die instantly. Other stats could work, but defense makes the most sense to me.

The third part would be seals (that only apply to spirits). They are SLOW with a base walking speed of 7.0 that never changes. One of these seals could be speed so they can keep up in battle at least somewhat better. But the other seals would be standard gear seals. HP recovery would be cool too, something low, but the HP recovery is more for PvE survivability.

The fourth part is a little more creative. These tomes could have purple effects (like 165+weapons) that give a benefit to the Elementalist. These effects would apply with the specific spirits being out. And for this part let’s say there are two-four types of tomes. Fire tome, Wind tome, Earth tome and Water tome. At lower levels (probably below 140) each tome could offer one thing for the Elementalist. Fire can add attack, wind can add attack/run speed speed, earth can add def and water can add eva. At 141+ (or even higher) tomes will now come as fire/wind and earth/water combination. The higher tomes would require both spirits to be out, so killing one in battle would cancel the effects. These abilities would be a combination of both spirits and a higher value. (High risk, high reward). It could act like the soul buff where it buffs the Elementalist every ‘x’ second so long as ‘y’ condition (fire and wind spirit are alive) is met. These abilities would scale so low level tomes help out a little and higher level tomes have better support for the Elementalist. This would encourage the use of spirits and keeping them alive. I personally never use them anywhere except to poke people in arena, and occasionally cannon fodder running through mobs.

The last part to the idea is jewels. I don’t think the jewels should directly affect the Elementalist, as then it would be an extra gear slot for them. Also, I think the spirits need more help than their master. Either way is fine, but my idea is to grant bonuses for the spirits and encourage the use of them. If used for Elementalist, it can be treated the same way as RK duals and TK shield where a Scythe and a Tome can’t be equipped at the same time, benefiting the subclass it’s not meant for.

Anyways, this is my idea and to restate the question for the poll; should the Elementalist have an offhand item to help buff the spirits? By no means do I hold the exact descriptions I used as the final product of the suggestion. It is simply the way I envisioned the item to be used best and to generate examples to support the idea around my suggestion.

A final idea is to have a visual representation of which tome is being used (can be shown when the buff is active) so people in PvP can visually see how the Elementalist is geared while running into battle.

If you are against this idea, I’d like to hear your reasoning behind it as I’d like to see if there’s something I left out of consideration.

• Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

Nostramadus

Rising Star

Date of registration: 5. May 2018

Sunday, 12. July 2020, 21:09

This is such a great Idea, and also well thought trhough. The only thing i dislike is the different elemental versions of the tomb which would add too many "entities" and randomizer for a class that is underplayed. I would be fine with the tomb beeing entirely for the elemantals so seals, Armor through+, Hp and other stats through jewels.
And for what you said about the movementspeed, i think their movementspeed should be tied to the "masters" moevementspeed so that they can always keep up, because from what i know (dont play that class) you cant teleport these spirits to your location like you can to with pets to unequip and equip again. Which i think is very frustrating.

So over all. A BIG YES from me!

PS: really love the way you write suggestions its well written and understandable, and also shows different aspects and also explains downsides and how to tackle them!

• Activate Facebook

Sunday, 12. July 2020, 21:19

The only thing i dislike is the different elemental versions of the tomb which would add too many "entities" and randomizer for a class that is underplayed.

The reason I thought of different tomes, was it would be similar to dropping Eva duals or HR Xbow. If there was only one set of seals/effects for it, it would be too easy to 'farm'. I am not against the idea of minimizing it, the idea was to create a reason for (me specifically lol) to drop hunt.

Also if the idea works, I'm hoping the class would be less underplayed! I find Elementalist extremely fun to play, but not that rewarding in PvE or PvP.

I do agree about the movement speed, as well. This is just my suggestion on another alternative to fixing it. I would definitely prefer it being tied to me directly.
  • Activate Facebook

Remnant

Rising Star

Sunday, 12. July 2020, 23:57

I like this idea... an elemental artifact of sorts that can be equipped in the tk's shield slot for elementalist....

Why not have spirits at least teleport to the player like pets do? Or windy buffs appy to them perhaps, when summoned?

• Activate Facebook

Monday, 13. July 2020, 00:26

Why not have spirits at least teleport to the player like pets do? Or windy buffs appy to them perhaps, when summoned?

I'd be happy for either of these changes as well. Anything that would keep spirits in battle, or from falling behind would be an improvement for sure.

It's strange how some party buffs work and some don't. Soul's and totems work on the spirits, but class party buffs don't. Any buff can be applied to them that requires a targetable source. Ideally I would like to see the buffs I have transfer to them upon being summoned. My suggestion is an alternative to granting them different stat enhancements as there aren't too many ways beyond passive skills - which are very limited in comparison to the current selection of gear, jewels and buffs/items for everyone else.
  • Activate Facebook

Date of registration: 31. January 2018

Monday, 13. July 2020, 03:27

Elementalist the least loved class by LC developers. Absolutely YES, make the spirits stronger, and especially defense/attack/buffs bonuses. Anything to make the class hit harder than a wet noodle, and only use is to pay 5 million for Windy Hands buff.

• Activate Facebook

Remnant

Rising Star

Tuesday, 14. July 2020, 03:35

I'd love a redo on the spirit designs as well. Not sure how well it would look, but imagine the earth elemental, instead of being that weird-looking rock dude, be a mini version of muta so you have a tiny angry meatball following you :D

• Activate Facebook

west01

Date of registration: 15. July 2020

Wednesday, 15. July 2020, 00:47

Love the idea very much, i really hope the devs take this into consideration and upgrade this class because it is a much needed upgrade the Elementalist was the reason i joined LC long long ago, but then i switched because the devs did not give quality to this class and gave much more love to other classes

• Activate Facebook

Wednesday, 15. July 2020, 20:44

After I finished upgrading my dura weapon to +30 from +20, I noticed almost no change in my spirits' damage output in PvP or PvE. I didn't test a whole lot in PvE prior to the upgrade, but my poke damage has stayed roughly the same (less than 100 damage, possibly no change, as it's still 6.6k on the same person as before upgrading). From the testing I did do in PvE, I was testing on some boss mobs and it takes the same amount of hits to kill the few boss mobs I was playing with. I don't have enough heaven stones to remake a weaker weapon of the same type, but it's something I will do in the future to see how each stage of upgrading changes the output of a spirit's damage.

Going back to what I said earlier, "spirits gain attack based on the Elementalist" may not be entirely true to what I thought. There is a difference in their attack from my 173 to my dura, but no large changes from upgrading. I'm not sure if there is a cap to what + they can gain attack from or not. But regardless, I just want to alter one part of my original post to have attack for spirits included (with a defense stat) on the tome perhaps. It can be entirely separate from the Elementalist or inclusive to it's original stat, but someway to keep them from falling behind.

I definitely know if they followed dura stats they would be super strong hitters (and that would be awesome, but broken), but perhaps having their own attack based off of a tome would help build their own stats to stay level with PvE and PvP a little better. Again, something that could only be tested if they gain elemental attack and defense levels to determine if it is needed.

Just wanted to add this to those considering to vote to better understand how the class is currently built! :)

• Activate Facebook