You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Last Chaos Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Caugsmire

Rising Star

• "Caugsmire" is male
  • "Caugsmire" started this thread

Date of registration: 14. July 2015

Sunday, 26. July 2020, 18:48

Insect drop rate

Now I understand that drop rates for the "higher" insects - beetle, stag beetle etc - will be quite low. However...
I have a lvl 60 character killing spiders in ToF - 30 spiders every couple of minutes, so say 1000 per hour...
On Saturday I dropped about 8 useful insects (ladybug and above) in an hour
This afternoon, after 110 minutes, I dropped nothing above a cicada and only about 60 insects in total, compared with 75 weapons and about 75 other drops...
Does the drop rate vary (or can it be varied)?
On previous occasions, I got the feeling that the drop rate improved on the last day of the event, but I didn't keep count...
Finally, if anyone is experiencing better drop rates, could you suggest where to farm...
Caugsmire

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Caugsmire" (26. July 2020, 19:20) with the following reason: Updated

• Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

Nostramadus

Rising Star

Date of registration: 5. May 2018

Sunday, 26. July 2020, 22:31

Well its just RNG and depends on the monsters you kill in comparison to your own.

and you shouldnt be able to get the best rewards every like 60 minutes it should be a grind and effort to get good items. So i think the droprate is fine. Changes at the droprate always have a larger impact than you think cause it would affect all monsters. So ToF is a good place to start, or chapel cellar, lab. There is no golden ticket for the best spot it depends on class and preference :)

• Activate Facebook

Caugsmire

Rising Star

• "Caugsmire" is male

Monday, 27. July 2020, 00:03

Thanks for the reply. As I stated at the start of my text, I understand that drop rates of higher insects will be low, and I wasn't actually asking for the drop rates to be changed - it was just that NO drops of insects worth more than 6 points in almost 2 hours was surprising and I wondered if other were finding the same situation... While I understand the concept of random numbers (RNG), by the time you have killed 3000 spiders, the randomness should be levelling out :)
I gather from the second part of your reply that you feel that ToF is a suitable place for a lvl 60 character to try and collect insects, which is what I am doing. Just to update my previous entry, I manage to get two ladybugs and a glowworm in the third hour, giving me 3 items worth 22 points towards my target of 126. At this rate it should take about 14 hours to fill the second half of my box, compared with 1.5 hours yesterday :)

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Caugsmire" (27. July 2020, 00:28) with the following reason: Clarification

• Activate Facebook

Nostramadus

Rising Star

Date of registration: 5. May 2018

Monday, 27. July 2020, 09:20

Happy to hear that you got a few good insects. I still somehow feel that youre killing these monsters relatively slow hence makeing you taking more time to get th suitable amunt of high tier insects. But 1-2h is what it normally took me to get a full chest of insects the last time i actually played that event.

But there's another way to speed up you reacihng your goal faster, which is buying and destroying the insect boxes, because there is a chance to get a golden one which already starts at 30 points, making it easier to get your target goal. But it#S a trade off standing at the npc buying and destroying boxes till you get a golden one (sometimes takes 5, but can also take up to 30m and more if youre unlucky) or killing monsters and hoping for some higher tier insects. Personally i would try to level/farm sp and take the insects as sideffect and not going straight for these and just these insects because right now with the currenty state of economy its not that much worth it (just my opinion)

• Activate Facebook

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Caugsmire (27.07.2020)

• "LightsOut" is male

Date of registration: 7. February 2018

Tuesday, 28. July 2020, 04:02

To be honest I think it depends on how fast you kill, but I have found some spots are better than others. Particularly for higher levels, rather than lab, I found rawhead are a really good spot. In an hour of affinity farming I was able to fill an insect box twice with stag beetles and glowworms.

However I also kill 3k+ mobs in an hour, which I am sure has a LOT to do with it.

• Activate Facebook

Caugsmire

Rising Star

• "Caugsmire" is male

Tuesday, 28. July 2020, 10:09

Now that's interesting because it suggests you got 32 high-level bugs when killing 3k+ mobs at Rawheads, while I got 1 while killing 3k+ mobs at ToF ...
As I mentioned earlier, I'm not asking that drop rates should change, just trying to work out what, if anything, affects it...

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Caugsmire" (28. July 2020, 10:19)

• Activate Facebook

Wise

Date of registration: 22. May 2018

Tuesday, 28. July 2020, 17:48

Monsters have 1/4'th or even less impact, on the end varying result.
More likely, it depends on the "simunataneous" event that is running, or was running, and anything in between
(excluding drop rate event).
Since the calendar event's are mostly run automatically, no correct reset has been implemented between event's,
will result unexpected behaviour.

• Activate Facebook