You are not logged in.

Fulminar

Game Admin

  • "Fulminar" started this thread

Posts: 957

Date of registration: 10. July 2015

  • Send private message

1

Tuesday, 23. February 2021, 10:25

[Forum & Discord Event - UK/US] Dark Devotion

Welcome to Dark Devotion!

Each day you will be presented with a short story. Each of those stories, will end with you having to make a choice.
The smallest decision can dramatically change the future. Your actions will shape how the story unfolds so choose them carefully.
Before the game begins there are a few things you need to understand.
Every decision you make will affect your fate and the fate of others you encounter on your Journey. What lies beyond the darkness is the ultimate unknown.
You answer by clicking the mentioned reactions. Depending on what the majority votes, thats where the story will lead. A new story will be posted every 24 hours. This event will run simultaneously on discord and the forums.
Maybe different stories will come out of it? Are you ready to venture through teh darkness?
If your character survives...or better yet, should your character survive...maybe there is a reward in store for everyone. Should the character die...well...we will just have to wait and see what happens.

  • Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

Fulminar

Game Admin

  • "Fulminar" started this thread

Posts: 957

Date of registration: 10. July 2015

  • Send private message

2

Tuesday, 23. February 2021, 10:28

Chapter 1: The Woods

You wake up. You hear a deafening thunderclap shaking the ground. Your heart starts pounding but you just stay there, frozen in place, disoriented and confused.

"What's happening? Where am I?"


All you hear is rain gushing down against the trees and a strong wind howling. After a moment you are starting to remember. Bits and pieces start coming back to you. Was it just a bad dream?
You look around, darkness everywhere. After a while you start to see them, small lights there in the distance. Torches? You walk forward you see two bridges. One seems to have a lot of those strange lights at the end. A village perhaps? The other seems to lead deeper into the darkness.
Suddenly, you hear them, strange noises and howls. Can't stay here for long, need to get out of here as soon as you can.

  • Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

Fulminar

Game Admin

  • "Fulminar" started this thread

Posts: 957

Date of registration: 10. July 2015

  • Send private message

3

Tuesday, 23. February 2021, 10:30

What do you do?

A total of 11 Votes have been submitted.

45%

Cross the bridge and wander deeper into the darkness. (5)

55%

Head towards the strange lights you see in the distance (6)

------------------

  • Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

Fulminar

Game Admin

  • "Fulminar" started this thread

Posts: 957

Date of registration: 10. July 2015

  • Send private message

4

Wednesday, 24. February 2021, 12:49

You slowly head towards the flickering lights shining in the far distance. As you get closer you hear noises, people talking....

"Could that be a village?"

You start to run towards the sounds. You see a gate and enter the village. It goes silent. All the noises you heard from before....gone. Empty houses with no soul around.

"What was that? Was I imagining things?"

You make your way through the village and you come across a person.



"Excuse me?" you say, but the person does not respond. "Excuse me!" you say again with a even louder tone and still no answer.
You walk closer and pat his shoulder. He jumps in fear.

"I am sorry, I don't have time". He said.
"What's wrong? Why the rush?"
"You better get out of here as fast as you can for your own sake" you hear him reply.

You explain your situation to him in haste. He tells you what had happened in the village.
"Creatures from the dark woods attacked the villagers. some managed to escape, some were taken. you are not safe here."

Suddenly the sound of falling trees and growls breaks the silence. You hear them coming closer.
There is no time to run. You decide to hide behind the house with the old man. you both hold your breath as you see the creature entering the village.
He starts sniffing around.

"Hopefully he wont find us" you think in your mind. After a while he passes and leaves the village through the gate at the end.

"I am leaving" says the old man. "I suggest you do the same".

You watch the man run off into the dark and decide to take a look around the village hoping to find some supplies.
You find a torch and a bottle with water and take them with you.

In the next house you find a chest with a padlock. You break the lock with a stone and open it.
You see a bow and a quiver with a few arrows, a rope, a leather tunic and some bandages.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Fulminar" (24. February 2021, 14:25)

  • Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

Fulminar

Game Admin

  • "Fulminar" started this thread

Posts: 957

Date of registration: 10. July 2015

  • Send private message

5

Wednesday, 24. February 2021, 12:51

What do you do?

A total of 10 Votes have been submitted.

80%

Take the bow and quiver (8)

10%

Take the rope (1)

0%

Take the bandages

10%

Take the leather tunic (1)

--

  • Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

Fulminar

Game Admin

  • "Fulminar" started this thread

Posts: 957

Date of registration: 10. July 2015

  • Send private message

6

Friday, 26. February 2021, 22:05

You take the bow and put the quiver around your shoulder.

"Its only 4 arrows, I need to not waste them"

You leave the village through the north gate and carefully move through the forest. As you walk you begin to think what the old man said. You did not see that many bodies so that must mean someone is still alive.
You make up your mind to try and find survivors. One of them surely knows what is going on.

As you walk further you suddenly begin to feel strange, your head begins to hurt. You see strange visions.
Flashbacks of events from before you woke up in this strange place. You see yourself holding an old map, and talking to someone. The memory is faint and you cant quite remember the face.

Suddenly a loud bang pierces the silence and shakes you right out of your confused state. Your heart is racing, you begin to sweat and shake from the scare.
You hear noises coming closer...and closer....

"RUN!!!!" your mind tells you and you immediately burst into a spring running away. you keep running as you hear something is following you.
As you run further you see a strange cave. Next to it you see piles of wood and stones and empty mine carts.

  • Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

Fulminar

Game Admin

  • "Fulminar" started this thread

Posts: 957

Date of registration: 10. July 2015

  • Send private message

7

Friday, 26. February 2021, 22:06

What do you do?

A total of 12 Votes have been submitted.

17%

Run inside the cave and hide (2)

25%

Hide behind the piles of wood and stone (3)

58%

Hide inside an empty mine cart and cover yourself with a sheet (7)

--

  • Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

Similar threads