You are not logged in.

Criticism | EXP Donation?

Dear visitor, welcome to Last Chaos Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Carackas

Rising Star

• "Carackas" is male
  • "Carackas" started this thread

Date of registration: 11. July 2015

Friday, 30. October 2015, 01:52

EXP Donation?

I'm really confused on this one. If I understand this correctly the Guild members (new and older members alike) can choose to donate or not donate exp to the guild they are a member of. Kind of like belonging to a club that you can either choose to pay dues or not.

Looks like a pretty good deal for the guild member, at first glance....but maybe not so much for the guild as a whole.

To me this means "Theoretically" it is possible to have an entire guild membership that is giving little or no points to their guild which in the long run reduces the benefits of being in a guild. Without points there is no guild buffs, sale prices, additional affinity points, etc... Also it kind of takes a way from the benefits of being a gm. And makes it even more difficult to level up the guild as well.
Another concern is the impatient new players that want to do nothing more than level, disregarding the importance to collect skill points. Being part of a guild at the beginning of a players career among other things helps a player's approach to this game helping he/she to be more successful as an LC player. In great part by the locking and unlocking at the right time players build stronger more formidable toons.
There are also players coming into this game from other games in which leveling is everything. As we know, this game is not like other games..it is more challenging and leveling (as gratifying as it is) is not adequate for success. In this game its been my experience that at the outset is where most critical mistakes are made. and the frustrations it can cause later on sometimes leads to a short lived playing member.

Experienced Guild Masters know the importance of when to lock a player and unlock. They also know the importance in keeping a balance between their members needs and the guilds needs to advance, providing additional benefits to all its members.

I think that the loss of this control will create problems not only for new members of guilds but for the guilds themselves....

I would like to hear pros and cons on this. If I'm missing something here I want to know what it is. (If its the convenience of being able to be locked or unlocked anytime you want then maybe the gm should have the capability of giving other members the ability to do just that, lock and unlock other players when the need arises.)

• Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

Alike

Friday, 30. October 2015, 02:08

tl;dr

Guild Masters still have the final say when it comes to donation.
Guild EXP and Fame Donations
  • Activate Facebook

Carackas

Rising Star

• "Carackas" is male

Friday, 30. October 2015, 02:17

EXP donations

All that means, if I read it correctly is that the gm can set the minimum and maximum that can be locked. But the member decides when he or she wants to be locke and unlocked. He or she may decide that they don't want to be locked at all....in which case...they are a non contributing member. Makes no difference what the gm's limits are. That only matters if you decide to contribute.
In my guild all new members were locked up to lvl 50. After that they made the decision. I would recommend locks when they entered the TOF for example but after lvl 50 it was there decision. Some guilds I believe lock there membership until lvl 75. But may reduce the amount of exp locked.
This is a entirely new ball game.

• Activate Facebook

Alike

Friday, 30. October 2015, 02:28

You still have the deciding factor if they want to be locked or unlocked. If you want someone to have a 50% lock, set their minimum to 49 and maximum to 51 or something (not entirely sure if you can just set both to 50 or not as I haven't played with the new system)

Or does this still give them the option of not donating at all? 8|

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Alike" (30. October 2015, 02:33)

• Activate Facebook

Carackas

Rising Star

• "Carackas" is male

Friday, 30. October 2015, 02:37

Like I said...you can determine the parameters all day long and as short or long as you like but the control as to whether someone will be locked or unlocked is squarely up to the guild member
And whether they are going to contribute or not is squarley up to them as I understand it.

• Activate Facebook

Alike

Friday, 30. October 2015, 02:47

Well if you set a minimum parameter on a member that *should* be their donation automatically if their current value is below that. Whether or not that's how the devs implemented it though... idk since I haven't played around with it yet

• Activate Facebook

Date of registration: 21. July 2015

Friday, 30. October 2015, 04:47

I just tested it.

You cannot set your donation outside the limits set by the GM.

Personally, if I wanted unlocked at 32 and my GM refused, I'd leave the guild.

Also, you were one of the several people asking for guild changes which allowed other members to lock/unlock characters... you got that, and are complaining about it.

?(

• Activate Facebook

Graut

Rising Star

• "Graut" is male

Date of registration: 10. July 2015

Friday, 30. October 2015, 06:23

So a guild member doesn't want to be locked, but the guild master wants him to be...
Conversation. You can talk to the guy. "You might wanna donate at least 50% so that you can get more SP, and not level too fast."

If he gets more out of leveling himself as opposed to help get more guild points, then is that so difficult to understand? Forcing someone to donate when they don't want to isn't the friendliest thing to do. While focus on guild is nice, if someone wants to level and do what they want with their characters, then they should be allowed to.

I honestly can't see why you think it's preferable to be able to lock someone without them wanting to. <insert picture of whip here>
  • Activate Facebook

This post by "AnotherUser" (Friday, 30. October 2015, 07:57) has been deleted by user "Scimitar" (Wednesday, 22. March 2017, 23:23)

unavailable

Rising Star

• "unavailable" is male

Date of registration: 14. January 2015

Friday, 30. October 2015, 09:05

I might be wrong with this one but...

Isnt it so that you can only use guild skills as a member if you donated any exp to the guild?

Meaning, you never donated so you have no points to use.?

And the guild master decides the limit, he should still set a minimum of 0 always, and a max that seems reasonable. That's the whole point of running a guild, the guild master should support his guildies and make sure they either don't level too fast or that they don't fall into a state where they are not leveling at all.

The changes are made to make you think, and run a guild properly and not just abuse it for guild buffs.

• Activate Facebook

ANGEL.

Sincere Adventurer

• "ANGEL." is female

Date of registration: 10. July 2015

Friday, 30. October 2015, 10:04

I always thought to join any guild is because of the ppl there, not because u have to make sp/ make xp or make guiuld points for ppl who r lazy to farm it themselves. U can make sp and xp in this game without being in any guild. Its stupid to tell somebody tht he gona fail if he is not locked and forced to play this game by the way u want it. its nice change tht ppl can lock and unlock themselves now - no more ' I want to grind, but im locked and my gm is not online ..' With 100% xp lock is easy to farm sp on any lvl - whenever u want to do it.

The most painful goodbyes are the ones that are never said and never explained.
  • Activate Facebook