You are not logged in.

Suggestion | NPC without a Name

Dear visitor, welcome to Last Chaos Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Carackas

Rising Star

• "Carackas" is male
  • "Carackas" started this thread

Date of registration: 11. July 2015

Friday, 13. November 2015, 05:35

NPC without a Name

:( We have an NPC in Iris....without a name. Yes...it is sad. But our Mid level Enhancement NPC does not have a name. We know our starting NPC Enhancer as dear Elizabeth...but once we have been kicked out of her nest we then find this lonely nameless sole who goes only by the alias MId-level Supporter.

I say to you all...should not this NPC who's soul purpose has been to dedicate herself to helping us get through our toons adolescent levels have a name she can be proud of?
I suggest that a name be given this nameless Irisian toon. Maybe some kind of contest...a name the NPC contest possibly.

Your Thoughts.......
  • Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

Ereshkigal

Rising Star

Friday, 13. November 2015, 06:05

Weapon Lending Dealer, Domain Merchant, Royal Guard Captain, Socket Manager, Archbishop, etc. Long list of NPCs who don't have proper names either but it isn't really necessary for them to have proper names like Elizabeth when their name suits their purpose in game.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Ereshkigal" (13. November 2015, 06:16)

• Activate Facebook

Carackas

Rising Star

• "Carackas" is male

Friday, 13. November 2015, 18:01

Name that NPC

Weapon Lending Dealer, Domain Merchant, Royal Guard Captain, Socket Manager, Archbishop, etc. Long list of NPCs who don't have proper names either but it isn't really necessary for them to have proper names like Elizabeth when their name suits their purpose in game.

Thats interesting Ereshkigal...I should have looked around town.
Well then.......maybe we could have an annual contest to name each one. From the looks of the list you started we would have a contest every year for quite some time...or maybe every 6 months.

To enter the contest you need only purchase a name tag from the mall to make a name suggestion. Then let the Game Masters choose the name from one of the entries.
Gamigo gets a little revenue, an interesting contest is born, and an NPC gets a name to go along with its title.
We're not talking about necessity here....just fun.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Carackas" (13. November 2015, 18:04)

• Activate Facebook

Graut

Rising Star

• "Graut" is male

Date of registration: 10. July 2015

Friday, 13. November 2015, 18:32

To enter the contest you need only purchase a name tag from the mall to make a name suggestion. Then let the Game Masters choose the name from one of the entries.
Gamigo gets a little revenue, an interesting contest is born, and an NPC gets a name to go along with its title.
We're not talking about necessity here....just fun.

<insert X's and random caps here> versus Maiya
I like Maiya. Who named it that? Not the players.
  • Activate Facebook

ExcallabuR

Rising Star

Friday, 13. November 2015, 20:11

I don't like the purchase item side of the game... We had that once... And the annoying people who bought a load of naming tokens named it after their silly guild. Those from Katar know what I mean as does Vaskey above.

Would be better holding free events, or item trade events whereby players trade x item for a single entry, this would be limited to one entry per account, and then after a month of entries one ticket and name will be 'pulled from the hat'. This way a game master/coma would be able to also regulate the entries to make sure people provide satisfactory names. Not a guild name or anything that would be unwanted.

-Eze

EzeEle 185 True Elementalist - EzeAssasin 16x Ex-Assassin - EzeArcher 16x Archer - EzeNS 16x NightShadow

-----------------------------------------------------------------

LC USA Player since December 2006

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ExcallabuR" (13. November 2015, 20:12)

• Activate Facebook

Vilya

Community Manager (en)

• "Vilya" is female

Date of registration: 3. September 2014

Friday, 13. November 2015, 20:16

when I have some free time (enough to have a severe case of boredom), I will go through the NPC list and give some of them names of their own. Until such time, simply knowing what they do should suffice.

Vilya
Community Manager EN/PL
Homepage | Support|
Facebook | Discord Chat
  • Activate Facebook

Carackas

Rising Star

• "Carackas" is male

Saturday, 14. November 2015, 01:39

NPC Names

As I stated early on....just an idea for an event. No big deal. However....comment to those who want free events. Free is nice most of the time but I think every now and then it doesnt hurt for Gamigo or Berund to wet there beaks. The game is free to play.....so a paid event isn't a bad idea.

Thank you all for adding some interesting thoughts.

• Activate Facebook