You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Last Chaos Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Crossing

Rising Star

• "Crossing" is male
  • "Crossing" started this thread

Date of registration: 1. August 2015

Wednesday, 23. December 2015, 02:28

Trouble launching game

Dear Community,
I have stumbled upon some kind of trouble involving a missing MSVCP100.dll file or something. And before someone points it out, yes I have read and tried everything that Vilya and Eze suggested in the thread that already exists about the matter on this forum. Is there anything else I can do to try and fix it? For the record, I am running Windows 10 on this laggtop. It would be most appreciated if someone could help me with this. I really don't want to lose my attendance because of something like this. ;(

• Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

Vilya

Community Manager (en/es/it/pl/ru)

• "Vilya" is female

Date of registration: 3. September 2014

Wednesday, 23. December 2015, 03:33

did you load the one specifically listed for Windows 10 in that thread?

• Activate Facebook

Crossing

Rising Star

• "Crossing" is male

Wednesday, 23. December 2015, 07:16

Yup. And I deleted LC off my computer and re-installed it after I had downloaded said file. It still won't run. Any ideas?

P.S: It now gives me TWO error messages instead. One that says MSVCP100.dll and one that says EntititesMP.dll. Also, this problem began occuring after I updated my Skype.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Crossing" (23. December 2015, 07:19)

• Activate Facebook

Fulminar

Game Admin (en, de, pl, nl)

Date of registration: 10. July 2015

Wednesday, 23. December 2015, 07:26

EntititesMP.dll is a game file. If it is missing that means your antivirus ate it or windows defender. You need to turn off your AV completely, reinstall and then add the LC folder to exceptions and then start the AV program.

For the MSVCP100.dll are you sure you installed the: Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package ?

Fulminar
Game Admin Last Chaos NA / PL
Homepage | Customer Support | Last Chaos Facebook
Rules | GM Recruiting
  • Activate Facebook

Crossing

Rising Star

• "Crossing" is male

Wednesday, 23. December 2015, 09:03

Ok, thanks. I'll try that. Guess my AV ate it when I re-downloaded the game. And yes, I installed both the 2010 and 2013 Redistributable Packages. Neither worked out for me. :(

• Activate Facebook

SirHansford

Rising Star

Date of registration: 13. July 2015

Wednesday, 23. December 2015, 09:22

Dear Community,
I have stumbled upon some kind of trouble involving a missing MSVCP100.dll file or something. And before someone points it out, yes I have read and tried everything that Vilya and Eze suggested in the thread that already exists about the matter on this forum. Is there anything else I can do to try and fix it? For the record, I am running Windows 10 on this laggtop. It would be most appreciated if someone could help me with this. I really don't want to lose my attendance because of something like this. ;(
not sure if it is the same issue as yours but when i upgraded from a 32 bit OS to a 64 bit, which win 10 is, i still had to get the x86 (32 bit) version in order to make LC run. more specifically the Microsoft 2005 visual c++ redistributable package x86, which contains the missing .dll file, found here - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download…ls.aspx?id=3387 i now have the current 64 bit version and the x86 installed with no issues. worth a shot. good luck.
HINDER 185 Ranger / SirHansford 182 Temple Knight / ZiggyStardust 185 Specalist / Elephantalist 168 Elementalist
  • Activate Facebook

Crossing

Rising Star

• "Crossing" is male

Thursday, 24. December 2015, 10:25

New attempts has been made without any progress. I had to shut down my firewall and re-download it a third time so I'm rid of the Entities problem, tho the other one still persists (had to download the game on my parents' computer to save my attendance xD).

I tried SirHansford's suggestion and that didn't help either. I now have 3 different Distributional Packages on my computer: 2005, 2012 and 2013, with the 2012 one being the one that was suggested for Windows 10 by Vivi. I'm looking for other ways to repair this problem, though if anyone have any other suggestions, that'd be great.

• Activate Facebook

Crossing

Rising Star

• "Crossing" is male

Thursday, 24. December 2015, 12:30

Alright, now for some reason it also says that "Engine.dll" is missing. I didn't even do anything. :pinch: I'm starting to think that this piece of gloryfied plastic junk is begging to be replaced.

• Activate Facebook

ExcallabuR

Rising Star

Saturday, 26. December 2015, 00:53

Did you check your virus vault, just to make sure it hasn't quarantined them?

If your AV removed them re-installing without removing the files from the AV will result in the same problem. Make sure your AV's vault is empty of the files that may have been removed for lc, then disable the av/firewall install the game, patch xtrap, then close the game, restart your Av and firewall, then add an exception to the folders, then re-launch the client. (if they are in your vault try restoring the files, then making sure the exception is in place)

If your files are not in your AV's vault then I'm unsure what may be causing it at the moment (will have a think about it while I'm getting some rest :) )

Merry Christmas,

-Ray/ Eze

EzeEle 185 True Elementalist - EzeAssasin 16x Ex-Assassin - EzeArcher 16x Archer - EzeNS 16x NightShadow

-----------------------------------------------------------------

LC USA Player since December 2006

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "ExcallabuR" (26. December 2015, 00:56)

• Activate Facebook

Crossing

Rising Star

• "Crossing" is male

Tuesday, 29. December 2015, 22:51

Soo... I just now realize that it is a MSVCR.dll file that is missing, not a MSVCP.dll file. Does that make any difference and do you guys have any other idea what could be wrong? I have uninstalled, deactivated, cleaned the quarantine on my AV and my Windows Defender and then re-downloaded game 2 more times now and still nothing. :(

• Activate Facebook

AdMaiora

Date of registration: 24. July 2015

Tuesday, 29. December 2015, 23:13

I guess I know now why you weren't on today ._.

I get some kind or error related to that kind of files.. but I didn't read it. It rarely happens anyway...

Fool - Templar Knight lvl 165 - Retired
  • Activate Facebook

Crossing

Rising Star

• "Crossing" is male

Tuesday, 29. December 2015, 23:21

I guess I know now why you weren't on today ._.

I get some kind or error related to that kind of files.. but I didn't read it. It rarely happens anyway...
As it stands I can only logg on through my girlfriend's computer. I was on for a short time, but I was on my reg ranger so u might not have recognized me ._.

I still don't understand why this problem would be caused by a Skype Update :pinch: Did my skype remove the files or what? It makes no sense, and it makes even less sense for it to keep complaining about this problem when the files are obviously NOT missing, since I have re-installed them into my LC Folder...
  • Activate Facebook

pruss

Rising Star

Date of registration: 19. July 2015

Wednesday, 30. December 2015, 00:08

Hej Crossy,

Oh boy this is a mess :(

My pieces of advice as a total noob, but having had some similar issues earlier is to try something of the following: ( and yes all you Pros may laugh all you want ;) )

Turn skype off and see if the game works?

Try and install the game on annother harddrive, in annother name, with skype not turned on.

If nothing works, use a restorepoint prior to when the mess started.

GO fix this now :) ;)

/Pruss

• Activate Facebook

Crossing

Rising Star

• "Crossing" is male

Wednesday, 30. December 2015, 00:18

Thx for your help, Pruss. I'm desperate at this point so noobish or not, I'll try your advice. :love:

However, considering this happened shortly after this...

we should make Crossing suffer o.o
I suspect another's hand at work here o_o
  • Activate Facebook

Crossing

Rising Star

• "Crossing" is male

Wednesday, 30. December 2015, 09:22

Problem solved. I had to go into the folder and move the xtrap folder from the bin folder into the main part of the LC folder and do the same for the MSVCR.dll file. No idea why that suddenly made it work, but all the same problem solved. Thank you to everyone who tried to help me out! Together we averted Fufu's Revenge! :thumbup:

Feel free to close this topic Vivi!

• Activate Facebook

MujharCarillon

Rising Star

• "MujharCarillon" is male

Date of registration: 18. July 2015

Wednesday, 30. December 2015, 10:03

Crossy....

You said that you now have 3 Visual C++ Redistributables installed: 2005, 2012 and 2013. You need the 2010 installed, to get the missing Visual C++ file. Not the others. I know that 1 or more were recommended. But it's still 2010 that you need.

"Can You Dance Like The Crew? Can You Do What We Do? Check It Out When We're Through. And Don't Forget That Our Moves Are True."
  • Activate Facebook