You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Last Chaos Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Pandia

Rising Star

Thursday, 1. December 2016, 19:14

i think drop farming is dead after this patch.i mean u cant even afford to id the parts u drop now 1million for a glass to get back 200k from npc.

About helpin new players,who helps me now after 8 years playin this game,spendin ic and farming gold,lvlin 4 toons to 185 and havin like 3-4 others to 120+ for buffs,drop farmin and stuff,so thats it?if you are high lvl u dont deserve to grind in lab for example and gather gold?
as Vilya said we will wait and see what happens but so far i dont like the fact that i cant collect some gold by grindin as i used to or to say it better i can still grind it but i need 5 hours instead of 1 hour now

+1
Also my personal thoughts : i loved drop farming but guess now it's pointless to do. If ppl stop dropfarming for gears how would that suppose to help new players? where will they get their gear from? clean sets 85-137 will slowly disappear from market and i doubt will be able to buy already plussed items for bils when is impossible to make bils by just playing the game.

Gear reforming? takes 100mil to use just 1 agr and 99% of times it requires way more than one agr to get a good seal. What will be the point of ppl selling agr or buy them with ic for personal use if it slowly becomes non affordable to use them?

Skills that require 5 wise stones to use them : 1hr grinding at rawheads gave me about 10-12mil and 2 puri ores from picking every piece of gear and that was with double drop and random booster on, i used both windy step/hands using 185 toons which took me quite many hours/effort/gold/rl money to lvl and hardly able to use their buffs as they costed 10mil? And that was for buffing just once. So ppl who put much effort and more than effort ofc on their toons are supposed to have hard time to use their own skills or more than once a day?

Affinity prices : prices at affinity merchants stayed as they were, same as with prices to buy stuff from npc's. For how long will ppl who've opened aff merchants like sin killers, oscar etc and sell the items to players who don't have access to those merchants will continue to feed the market with aff stuff like summon books or super haste if they have to sell them in half price aka no profit for them? or use for themselves like owl/keron/mazar if it takes a fortune to buy them with current npc prices and no way to make ingame gold? won't that affect new players too if items become rare in market even if that doesnt happen that soon?

All changes may not have been completed and i'd RLY love to be proven wrong to any of the above concerns, but atm i don't see how would these changes help either new players or current players to enjoy the game and keep playing enjoying the grinding, the double drop events, the challenges etc.

And i do know that gamigo is not non profitable organization and certainly sales must be made so this game keeps existing and we all have fun playing it, but depending solely on ic purchases-ic items ingame sales so to have ingame gold is not an option that's welcomed from everyone.

P.S. Sorry in advance for any grammatical-spelling mistakes, as English is not my native language :P
  • Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

Date of registration: 15. October 2016

Thursday, 1. December 2016, 21:58

Good bye to making gold mcing after this update as well

• Activate Facebook

Xshadow.

Rising Star

• "Xshadow." is male

Date of registration: 10. August 2015

Thursday, 1. December 2016, 23:35

And i do know that gamigo is not non profitable organization and certainly sales must be made so this game keeps existing and we all have fun playing it, but depending solely on ic purchases-ic items ingame sales so to have ingame gold is not an option that's welcomed from everyone.

Unless the game becomes a trading market, those who spends real cash still depends on the gold itself, it has to come from somewhere, it doesnt matter if it comes from high levels or low levels, some1 has to make the money and then they will spend it buying stuff from other players or npcs, it is the players who dropfarm who will make the money flow and make the market move, without these ppl,the market will die very soon.

Spending money with npcs to buy itens required for buffs, advanced potions, affinity merchant itens, glasses for AGR, makes all the gold go down to the drain without return... The only way to make the gold itself is selling drops to npc, wich now, if you are grinding with buffs/pots lets say, its not worth to take the precious and expensive time from pots to walk ur way and pick these drops, its not worth to stop grinding to pick drops that wont pay back the pots you are using...

I really hope that the next changes will be for good, because as far i can look, there is only bad sides in this changes!

*PS: sorry for typos and such, and im still learning how to quote right ?(
Xshadow 185 EX Ranger / Vexx 185 Witch / Poseidon 17x Elementalist / VexX 16x EX Sin / Rexxar 16x Elementalist
  • Activate Facebook

divataroza

Rising Star

Date of registration: 16. July 2015

Friday, 2. December 2016, 04:13

I cant say I'm surprised by this change. Honestly we had that one coming.
There were 4 major ways to make gold in game:
1. AFK pet leveling,
2. Making jewels from the jewel pockets given by the Pictorial Book,
3. Drop hunting/grinding:
3.1. ID and hope for good gear,
3.2. NPC the rest
4. Good old IM items sale and resale.

First Gamigo took away the AFK pet leveling,
Then Gamigo nerfed the Pictorial book,
and now Gamigo nerfed the drop hunting/NPCing drops.

What is left is the only profitable for Gamigo option - IM sales. But as Xshadow wrote above someone have to make that gold. The reserves players have eventually will get depleted and then what? And the answer is....
... Wait for it....
An IM item that will give you certain amount of in game gold.

At least that is my guess, probably because I do not see the big picture how nerfing the NPCing drops will help the influx of new players swarming the servers. Ooops - the server.

AP or not AP? (Now IC or not IC?) That is the question...
It is hard to fight armed with that when your opponent is armed like this:
  • Activate Facebook

Date of registration: 18. July 2015

Friday, 2. December 2016, 05:52

So after 2 hours of grinding at sasquatch's I managed to get 30k gold and that's with selling everything. At least I can get 30 memorizing scrolls, not even enough to get a dratan teleport scroll. I can see how this is gonna attract new players. :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

• Activate Facebook

Alike

Friday, 2. December 2016, 06:13

I cant say I'm surprised by this change. Honestly we had that one coming.
There were 4 major ways to make gold in game:
1. AFK pet leveling,
2. Making jewels from the jewel pockets given by the Pictorial Book,
3. Drop hunting/grinding:
3.1. ID and hope for good gear,
3.2. NPC the rest
4. Good old IM items sale and resale.

First Gamigo took away the AFK pet leveling,
Then Gamigo nerfed the Pictorial book,
and now Gamigo nerfed the drop hunting/NPCing drops.

What is left is the only profitable for Gamigo option - IM sales. But as Xshadow wrote above someone have to make that gold. The reserves players have eventually will get depleted and then what? And the answer is....
... Wait for it....
An IM item that will give you certain amount of in game gold.

At least that is my guess, probably because I do not see the big picture how nerfing the NPCing drops will help the influx of new players swarming the servers. Ooops - the server.
1. Gamigo isn't obligated to follow Aeria's policy on afk pet lvling.
2. People abused Pictorial Book for jewels like it was nobody's business.
3.1 Drop hunting needs to be re-worked because most drops in game aren't worth anything to players (clean b5e+ sets and what not) since any old set will get you far in PvE.
Gamigo has also ... wait for it... offered the ability to buy certain quantities of gold from the item mall in the past. I'm much more against that approach than the one currently in its early stages of implementation, and judging by your signature you seem to be against a pay2win model as well.

We haven't gotten the big picture yet, things are bound to change. Also from this, "Coinciding with the takeover announcement, new game servers are being made available: the license acquisition will be accompanied by launches in Germany, France, Poland, Italy, Spain, and the USA."
So, you just may see servers again some day.

Edit: that was a fast someday :whistling:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Alike" (2. December 2016, 18:23)

• Activate Facebook

This post by "AnotherUser" (Friday, 2. December 2016, 06:38) has been deleted by user "Scimitar" (Wednesday, 22. March 2017, 23:23)

The1AndOnly

Rising Star

• "The1AndOnly" is male

Date of registration: 6. July 2016

Occupation: industri cnc setup's and programming mastercam cadcam cimco

Friday, 2. December 2016, 16:00

hello just checking in on forums as i got a little time befor going to work seeing this.. well that is sorta sad i mean lower npc values ? how about lower the values on all sorta im items so people could afford buying from people make high grade jewels less value or perhaps fix the issues that the free set u get at lvl 1 or 60 depends on class is good for lvl 170+ sets ? just couse of jewels that is pretty much the biggest issue the godt u make is not much as it was allready. i used to spend hours and hours gold farming on this game. and barely ever able to make much i mean 1 hour in alber was what 75m gold a hour with pots like random booster and ls + buffs u lost money trying to drop farm for gold since that simple random booster worth more then the money u make.
allso looking into rates on reforming and makeing jewels are soo low (unless u have insain luck) why not fix this to be easyer so value of it is lowerd.
remove the nerfing on defense in arena and pvp so makeing high + gear is good again whats the point a person useing +12-15gear will have pretty much same benefit as +30 ?
i mean again whats the point for pay to win if u do so and are not being benefit buy it at the end anyways ? useing masterstone allready bind your items so why have the stats nerfed ?
gold rates should be easyer to collect for players drops buy element bosses nerfed for removeing the people camping them day in and out make jewels easyer higher + gear should benefit more. just my thoughts

• Activate Facebook

This post by "AnotherUser" (Friday, 2. December 2016, 21:04) has been deleted by user "Scimitar" (Wednesday, 22. March 2017, 23:23)

divataroza

Rising Star

Date of registration: 16. July 2015

Friday, 2. December 2016, 22:07

Alike,
To follow up on some of your comments:

1. Gamigo isn't obligated to follow Aeria's policy on afk pet lvling.

Here you are correct. They are not obligated. They made quite the show with a super long post where players can express their opinions and argument about the AFK pet leveling and despite the community feelings they banned it. Now that does not change the fact that Gamigo took away the AFK pet leveling, does it?
However some may argue that AFK pet leveling is banned, but not enforced therefore ppl still can generate gold that way. All you need is a disposable account and a run to the boss pires. The fact is still there - Gamigo made it illegal to AFK pet level.

2. People abused Pictorial Book for jewels like it was nobody's business.

That may be true, but sure made lvl 12 CC affordable. Attacking regular mobs that can deal 30-50k HP damage when a toon with lvl 1-3 cc can have somewhere around half of that does not seem right.

and judging by your signature you seem to be against a pay2win model as well

Yes, I am. When I first downloaded LC it was advertised as free to play game. I made a decision that I will play that game if my toons can support themselves without any allowances. In PvE that way is quite possible untill you get to Tairan. I do not do much PvP. A rare occasion for me is to show up at the arena, DCS or MCS. Those who know me in game can attest to that.
I respect people who chose to invest money in LC. Thanks to them Gamigo can run LC and I can pay it for free.
What I do not respect are the credit card warriors who will put on 3-4 rows of pots and then brag about how they killed my toon when their toon is 20 levels lower than mine. My signature was made after one such event. I do not change it, because I still stand behind my opinion on that topic.
AP or not AP? (Now IC or not IC?) That is the question...
It is hard to fight armed with that when your opponent is armed like this:
  • Activate Facebook

Alike

Friday, 2. December 2016, 23:27

Yeah, because the game's population is so large these days, that new servers are warranted and needed. Oh wait....

And, of course, they've made it so much easier to generate coin, so starting on a new server is a great idea. Oh wait...

Clueless :rolleyes:
I think it's more inviting for new players to be starting on the same page as everyone else, rather than not being in the same universe when it comes to gold. On the now "old" server you have players with hundreds of billions to trillions in gold which is very off-putting to new players when they see players selling various things. If gamigo's intention is to appeal to new players, I'm fine with the new server. Again, there's still much to be expected from this patch and in the future.

Here you are correct. They are not obligated. They made quite the show with a super long post where players can express their opinions and argument about the AFK pet leveling and despite the community feelings they banned it. Now that does not change the fact that Gamigo took away the AFK pet leveling, does it?
However some may argue that AFK pet leveling is banned, but not enforced therefore ppl still can generate gold that way. All you need is a disposable account and a run to the boss pires. The fact is still there - Gamigo made it illegal to AFK pet level.
I can understand where you're coming from as I made my P1 mounts back at Aeria with afk pet lvling, however, I believe it was a long standing gamigo policy. We've already been playing the game with a few of our old Aeria rules, mostly when it came to castle sieges, but those have also been removed. The fact of the matter is this is gamigo not Aeria. Also, this is a pretty bad response from a GM and only encourages rule breaking imo.

That may be true, but sure made lvl 12 CC affordable. Attacking regular mobs that can deal 30-50k HP damage when a toon with lvl 1-3 cc can have somewhere around half of that does not seem right.
I didn't like the fact that people had hundreds of lvl 11-12 chaos corals for sale, could have even done more harm than good with the economy as well. The mobs that do 30-50k dmg are probably boss mobs and those should be more difficult to kill than other mobs. Keep in mind that the raids in LC are soloable and require little effort to complete. They should be more challenging and require an actual group of players to complete.

Yes, I am. When I first downloaded LC it was advertised as free to play game. I made a decision that I will play that game if my toons can support themselves without any allowances. In PvE that way is quite possible untill you get to Tairan. I do not do much PvP. A rare occasion for me is to show up at the arena, DCS or MCS. Those who know me in game can attest to that.
I respect people who chose to invest money in LC. Thanks to them Gamigo can run LC and I can pay it for free.
What I do not respect are the credit card warriors who will put on 3-4 rows of pots and then brag about how they killed my toon when their toon is 20 levels lower than mine. My signature was made after one such event. I do not change it, because I still stand behind my opinion on that topic.
What happens when you get to Tarian? It may slow down a little, but between grinding and one-time quests it's not too difficult... then once you get in raid it's just a matter of doing dailies. PvP is a joke atm with the current system, so I'm with you on that.
  • Activate Facebook

quq

Date of registration: 10. July 2015

Friday, 2. December 2016, 23:35

After a full ramslo raid run i got 14 drops that npc'ed for 5m total at an affinity merchant. I had to revive my elephant for around 2,9m once because of a sneaky wallhiding Slurg . I'm rather disappointed with this change, it does nothing for the economy but make poor people poorer. The rich will still sit on their trillions.

• Activate Facebook

Carackas

Rising Star

• "Carackas" is male

Date of registration: 11. July 2015

Saturday, 3. December 2016, 01:49

(Surestrike) and (Crossing) have hit some very important points in my opinion. I think that in order for the game (at this point) to get away with balancing as Surestrike suggested and avoid the dissatisfaction mentioned by Crossing, the game would have to have incorporated some magnificent changes or additions to make it so much more interesting that players would be willing to accept the above only because the game offers some real new adventures ahead. This would be expensive to program and initiate but it would sure pump a lot of renewed interested in this wonderful game.
Having said that...I am going to just mention an old suggestion that I have brought up over and over. A GAME EXPANSION using the water features as part of that expansion...a new theme based on Iris history. New monsters, new types of pets, armor etc...that would be used under the water. Top of the water battles, PLATINUM...a new rich metal worth more than GOLD...dropped under the ocean surrounding Iris...lakes and rivers as well! New quests that would incorporate other kinds of puzzles like hidden objects, special keys, having to find items to open treasure chests....hidden underwater towns, apparatus to breath under water..etc...Just thought I would throw this out there...Vilya says that some of the staff are playing this game and are trying to make changes they feel will help improve player participation. I think that's great...that's what a proactive company is suppose to do! Now if someone would tell me (other than financial considerations) what would be wrong with this idea it would help me put this thing to rest. I think about this all the time when I am playing this game.

I think all of what I suggest is a huge expense but sometimes you have to spend money to make money. This game is really a great game with enormous potential...I would like to see the staff and those in charge go all out and go radical.....!!!

LastChaos Part II Lost Cities of Iris!

• Activate Facebook

This post by "AnotherUser" (Saturday, 3. December 2016, 04:56) has been deleted by user "Scimitar" (Wednesday, 22. March 2017, 23:23)

Surestrike

Sincere Adventurer

• "Surestrike" is male

Date of registration: 10. July 2015

Saturday, 3. December 2016, 05:51

Might I suggest since you have made these changes and your not going to lower ic prices across the board to help make items cheaper that you throw us a bone and change a few things for us.

1. Cut the price of mag glasses by 75% in the NPCs and item mall
  2. Lower the prices of idb and other drop hunting items that are item mall based so its affordable to drop hunt (by at least 50%)
  3. Increase the hand drops that drop idb.
  4. Lower the price of stone of wise by 75%

I would ask for more but, I still don't know the other changes you have in store so I will only mention items of immediate concern mentioned by a few players here.
I am not happy with these changes because I feel that I am being punished because someone else has trillions of gold. I do not think that is right...

edit: removing the MS binding would allow more armor onto the market and lower prices as well. I don't mind the high cost and even failure of ms so much but, I feel this penalty is over the top.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Surestrike" (3. December 2016, 16:54)

• Activate Facebook

Alike

Saturday, 3. December 2016, 07:55

So this will be a server with no coin on it. A server with no actual ways of generating that coin. A server with a bunch of buyers of IC, since this will be the only way that players can get anything, when in game coin is non-existent. And therein you see why Gamigo would bring up a server like this at this point in time, and also see why these NPC changes were made. And if you feel this is a good path for this game, then you really are clueless.

They know very well that in order to fix that economic problem on the old server, it would mean lowering their IM Item prices. Clearly, that's not in the product management plan of this game. They would rather bank on the stupidity and the immense gullibility that exists in this community.

I simply feel that the new server is much more welcoming to new players than the old one. I don't claim that it is or isn't a good path for the game itself. I'm certainly not disagreeing that the old server has economic problems, and only implementing part of this new system isn't a good way to handle it... There are plenty of in-game systems that should have had their pricing reflected on this change when it was first made (pet reviving like quq mentioned, lower prices on NPC items as Surestrike mentioned, NPCs selling new items?, and many more...) This may not even be the best solution in the end, nobody knows what is and what isn't the best. We're all just clueless :)
As for IM prices, I don't see what's wrong with them currently, but clearly lowering them will fix everything?
  • Activate Facebook

Carackas

Rising Star

• "Carackas" is male

Date of registration: 11. July 2015

Saturday, 3. December 2016, 08:11

You don't seem to understand something. This might be the case, if there were still viable ways of generating coin left in the game. There are none.

There is only one thing that this server is. It is Gamigo's hope that the many sheep in this game's community leave the old US server that they now realize has an economic problem that they are unwilling to remedy. A problem that they've allowed to balloon year after year, by the way. So this will be a server with no coin on it. A server with no actual ways of generating that coin. A server with a bunch of buyers of IC, since this will be the only way that players can get anything, when in game coin is non-existent. And therein you see why Gamigo would bring up a server like this at this point in time, and also see why these NPC changes were made. And if you feel this is a good path for this game, then you really are clueless.

Well ok, this is the bottom line. I mentioned game expansion to make the game worth playing. I agree that this game continues to become more and more expensive to play. This is a large and obvious change and as you say makes the ability for players to play without going to the Mall almost impossible. For those of us who have been playing this game for quite some time we see this. Whether a new player will realize this is beyond me. But I have decided not to change my monetary input. If I cannot continue to play this game because I now have to dip deeper into my own bank account to do so then I leave and say goodbye to what was once a great past time. You have a very convincing argument. It wont take very long to realize if what your saying is correct or not. Starting game play from scratch with these changes on a new server with some seasoned players will quickly tell the story.
  • Activate Facebook

This post by "AnotherUser" (Saturday, 3. December 2016, 09:23) has been deleted by user "Scimitar" (Wednesday, 22. March 2017, 23:23)

Crossing

Rising Star

• "Crossing" is male

Date of registration: 1. August 2015

Saturday, 3. December 2016, 12:51

Let's presume that they did lower prices in the Item Mall on a lot of items to make them more readily available to players who don't want to empty their bank account for the sake of this game. Making items cheaper to obtain through the IM would in turn make their prices in game drop and by extension, this might make it less attractive for players, new and old, to buy IC at all. If or if not it does depends solely on how each individual looks at the situation: either they think it's not worth to buy any more IC since everything you could get from there and either use or re-sell can probably be bought from another player for a low price, or they simply shrug and think "more gain for the same cash". It would literally be a gamble, and if that gamble did not pay off, then we'd be in a worse case than we currently are.

Also, lowering prices in IM won't change the fact that there are people out there sitting on trizillions of in-game gold. All it would do is raise the actual value of that gold pile of their's since the overall prices on items will drop while the size of their gold pile will not. On top of that, there is the problem with items that can't be bought through the IM. With all that being said, I agree that the economy of the game is messed up, but I don't think that simply lowering IM prices would help it in the long run.

As for the new server, I played it for a few hours yesterday and I thouroughly enjoyed it. While it probably could have been done at a better time, I think new players would find it more attractive to start on a new server where the prices weren't off the charts and where they feel they might actually be able to afford something. Also, there are ways to generate gold in-game. Yes, we won't be buying and selling stuff for 10bil each on Horizon like we're doing on Initus, but does that even matter? What was worth 100mil on Initus would be worth maybe 1mil on Horizon, but the item would still be the same. And more importantly, it wouldn't make a new player curl up into a fetal position and cry when they looked in someone's shop, because the price would be somewhat possible to afford on their own without having to spend their life savings on IC.

• Activate Facebook

This post by "AnotherUser" (Saturday, 3. December 2016, 19:38) has been deleted by user "Scimitar" (Wednesday, 22. March 2017, 23:23)