You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Last Chaos Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

sidar582

• "sidar582" started this thread

Date of registration: 19. December 2015

Sunday, 11. December 2016, 11:14

Does Gamigo protect thier intellectual property?

hi i was just wondering does Gamigo protect their intellectual property?

There are many huge private servers that have alot a players are playing. And Gamigo does nothing againest it?

*** LC is A large private server. Why doset Gamigo shut their private server if Gamigo owns the real game?

sorry for my bad english.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Vilya" (11. December 2016, 14:54) with the following reason: Name of illegal server removed

• Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

Bantol

Rising Star

Date of registration: 1. December 2015

Sunday, 11. December 2016, 11:47

Yeah I was wondering about the same thing... They should shut down this private's It will provide more players here ! Good move !

Honorowy uczestnik World Turnamemt 2009 :)
  • Activate Facebook

Scimitar

Director of Product - Fantasy Games

Date of registration: 14. May 2012

Sunday, 11. December 2016, 12:04

Hi guys,

until November this year, Last Chaos was the intellectual property of Barunson E&A in South Korea.

Please check this press release for more details.

There have been several attempts to shut down pirate servers also in the past, but due to international laws and the legal situations, it was not very successful with some. At this point, we focus on LastChaos development, but yes we may start another legal approach again to kick those pirate servers in their b***.

It is not an easy task, and legal authorities are also slow, so it may take some time to get rid of them. The big ones as well as the small ones, because even if Last Chaos is just a game, running a pirate server is a serious crime.

If you like to support us in this task, there are some easy things to do:
- never post links to those pirate servers
- never play on those pirate servers

And remember: Every Dollar or Euro we spend for fighting illegal services cannot be used to develop Last Chaos further at our end.

Thank you for opening this discussion.

Feel free to share your thoughts about this topic, but please try to avoid using the illegal service names in public.

Best, Scimitar
  • Activate Facebook

2 registered users thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

LadyS (11.12.2016), sidar582 (13.12.2016)

Redblu

Sincere Adventurer

• "Redblu" is male

Date of registration: 27. May 2015

Sunday, 11. December 2016, 12:35

Hello,
Nice to see a head of the the game answering ^^
Shut down the pirate servers may be good for us. All the players who plays on the private servers will maybe come back here. And if at the same time some new content are develop, it will be good :)
And if you can shut down the cheat tools too, it's will be perfect :D

Sorry for my bad english i'm a french player :P

• Activate Facebook

MujharCarillon

Rising Star

• "MujharCarillon" is male

Date of registration: 18. July 2015

Sunday, 11. December 2016, 17:45

Shutting down the private servers may be good for Gamigo, but I also know some former LC USA players, who won't come back, to play LC USA. Sure, they might come back to see what's happening here, but not to play here. My take, anyroad.

"Can You Dance Like The Crew? Can You Do What We Do? Check It Out When We're Through. And Don't Forget That Our Moves Are True."
  • Activate Facebook

Xshadow.

Rising Star

• "Xshadow." is male

Date of registration: 10. August 2015

Sunday, 11. December 2016, 18:06

I dont play other servers for many reasons, but i noticed that one of the reasons for players to play these "pirate" servers is because gamigo isnt providing new content in the same speed/size as they do... im not sure, but they have a higher cap, inumerous new itens/gear, mobs and dungeons... etc. So i might be wrong ofc, but fighting the pirate servers and "forcing" theyr players to come back to the same old lc with nothing new isnt the answer, instead, should bring new content in the same pace as they do, or at least any new content at all...

Xshadow 185 EX Ranger / Vexx 185 Witch / Poseidon 17x Elementalist / VexX 16x EX Sin / Rexxar 16x Elementalist
  • Activate Facebook

MujharCarillon

Rising Star

Monday, 12. December 2016, 20:06

It's true that the pirate servers have better content, and higher lvl caps, etc, than Gamigo. Also, the EXP and SP rates are often higher, so it takes less time to get to the lvl cap, while earning higher SP amounts.

Gamigo do need to compete against these pirate servers, as well as competing with other games, so Gamigo do need to increase the lvl cap, add new content/mobs/dungeons, etc, while fixing the problems in the game and bringing true ballance to all areas of LC.

"Can You Dance Like The Crew? Can You Do What We Do? Check It Out When We're Through. And Don't Forget That Our Moves Are True."
  • Activate Facebook

Crossing

Rising Star

• "Crossing" is male

Date of registration: 1. August 2015

Monday, 12. December 2016, 21:28

More likely than not, getting all the pirate servers shut down would cause their players' to move on to other games, rather than come back to the legit LC Servers. The Pirate servers sprung up because players' were dissatisfied with the way LC was being run, so if the pirate servers are shut down without anything being done to appeal to the players who ditched the regular servers, I doubt they would just come back.

Of course, the reasons for players choosing pirate servers over the legit ones are many, but here's a few reasons that I can think of at the top of my head:

1. 100% Cooldown being removed
I know that a lot of players complained loudly when the %-based cooldown was removed, and I do believe that some of the pirate servers still have this system. While personally I agree that changing the cooldown system was a good thing in the long run, it did bring other issues, such as the mage/archmage cooldown times that are just a bit off-putting. The problem here is that players had been striving to reach this milestone, to be able to spamm skills freely, and suddenly it was just taken away from them. Regardless of whether it balanced the game somewhat or not, people tend to get angry when they lose something they have been working hard for.

2. Master Stones
When the Master Stones were taken away from the game (at least on the US server), a lot of people ragequit because suddenly people couldn't make high + gear like they used to. Many players left in the wake of this, and just never bothered coming back. Since then, the Master Stones have been re-introduced into the game, but they have been nerfed and are nothing like they used to be. Again, players feel like Gamigo tried to fix something that wasn't really broken. Whether it was an exaggeration on their part or not, taking something advantageous away from a game is always going to piss off the people who use it.

3. Elemental System
On the surface, the Elemental System isn't balanced. The system itself is okay, but when you compare it between the 17 classes (25 if you count the base classes), some of them definetely are better adapted to this system than others. While some classes have lost a lot of their reliability, others have thrived under this new system and obviously, the players who spent the last few years raising one of the classes who got messed up by this system weren't too happy about it, such as Royal Knights and Highlanders. While I personally like the Elemental System, I can agree to an extent that it definetely needs some finetuning, especially when it comes to the balance between classes.

4. Sleep Gaming
I'm not sure how big of an impact this actually made, but for some people it was still one of many drops in the glass that added up until it overflowed. People used to put their toons afk, farming Affinities or lvling pets while they went to school, went to sleep during the night or went to work, but Gamigo's regulations don't allow this anymore, and getting caught doing it mutliple times can result in a bann. I have heard many people complain about this, and lack of such regulations could be one of many things that these people find attractive with the pirate servers.

5. Lack of New Content
And of course, there is the lack of new content that everyone keeps bringing up. For someone who has done "everything" in the game, the pirate servers probably appears a lot more attractive because they got a lot of new and unique content that the legit servers doesn't. This includes new gears (that are actually a step up from the lvl 170 gears), new maps, new lvl caps and new skills. Enough said.

6. The Economy
This probably applies more to people who are "new" to the game, or who are coming back after a long time and have to start over, but let's be honest. As a new or returning player, even the bravest of souls would curl up into a fetal position and cry after looking in someone's shop and seeing the prices on practically anything. (NOT counting the new servers!)

And these are just a few of many things that have been driving people to choose the pirate servers over the legit ones. In general, it is the sense that we (the players) unjustly lost something that was working fine as it was that made people leave. That's why I doubt people would come swarming back to the legit servers just because the pirate ones were shut down, unless something is done to give them a reason to come back to LC instead of just moving on to another game.

• Activate Facebook

MujharCarillon

Rising Star

Tuesday, 13. December 2016, 09:44

Crossy,

You've made some excellent points, here. I'd like to add a couple more,though.

Firstly, the elemental system has also stuffed up the Clerics buffs. Charm and Encourage. Both these buffs have lvl 1 elemental on them, but if a player has lvl 2 elemental jewels melded to his/her toons' gear, they'll lose half of what the jewels give their toons. I'd also like to say, that although Clerics buffs weren't depended on, they were valued, if only to a certain point. Now the buffs are only useful, if a player don't have any lvl 2 elemental jewels melded to their toons' gear.

Secondly, on one pirate server I know of, the owner has lvl 2 buffs in the item mall. If I were there, buying lvl 2 Windy Step and lvl 2 Windy Hands, would be the first thing I'd do. If they had lvl 2 Blue Cube buff, which increases attack power by 200%, I'd buy that one, too.

• Activate Facebook

Crossing

Rising Star

• "Crossing" is male

Date of registration: 1. August 2015

Tuesday, 13. December 2016, 12:37

Just to add to what I was saying earlier; part of the reason that players choose the pirate servers over the legit ones is that it is much easier to lvl on the pirate servers, and they generally aren't Pay-To-Win. And while it is definetely possible to do well on the legit servers without buying any IC at all, it takes a lot of time and work, and even then you will still be inferior to the IC Buyers.

With all that being said, I don't think that a lot of these things should be changed on a whim though, aside from a few no-brainers like the Archmage Cooldowns (I'm uncertain whether Blizzard should be lowered since that would pretty much make it impossible for DCS to switch hands, but I'll leave that to someone else to decide).

• Activate Facebook

sidar582

• "sidar582" started this thread

Date of registration: 19. December 2015

Wednesday, 14. December 2016, 11:26

The sad thing is when i go to Youtube and type last chaos it always shows Private Servers. It shows the private servers have dominated the original LC.

Sorry for my bad english

• Activate Facebook