You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Last Chaos Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Crossy

Rising Star

• "Crossy" is male
  • "Crossy" started this thread

Date of registration: 1. August 2015

Tuesday, 14. February 2017, 13:27

[Suggestion] Skill Connect

Because I have no life and need a break from writing reports for my psychology class, I sat down and thought about what could be done to improve general gameplay in this unhealthy semi-addiction I have called Last Chaos and I thought of something interesting. Would it be beneficial to "string" more than 1 skill together so you could use them with the same key? I believe this have been done before, but I can't think of a game that has it at the top of my head and I probably wouldn't be allowed to mention them anyway so I'll go over it briefly.

Let's say that we put an NPC in Randol Town named... Skillmaster Vivi (o.o). If you spoke to her, she'd offer to string 2 skills together for you so that they would automatically trigger after one another, like a chain reaction, so that when you used the first skill in the chain, it would automatically trigger the second one right after.

For example, if I am an Ex-Ranger I will pretty much always lead with Confusion Capsule ('cause that's what Ex-Rangers do), and I personally usually follow that up with either Dark Arrow or Arrow Storm (cause it HURT!). So if I were to create a Skill Connect, I would speak to SM Vivi and put Confusion Capsule in Skill Slot 1 and then put Arrow Storm in Skill Slot 2, and she would "string" them together.

Now, there are 2 ways this could work. Either they put it so that every time I use the regular Confusion Capsule, my toon would automatically follow up with Arrow Storm without me having to press another key. Or they could add a separate atk skill to my "Special Skills" list (which is accesable through the Character Info menu) which would be the connected skill that would automatically use both skills after one another.

If the second option was chosen, then the next problem would be whether to leave the regular skills (Capsule and Arrow Storm in this case) still accesable separately, or to make them unusable while you have the connected skill. I honestly don't know which would be the better option here, since both options would have their pros and cons. If you allowed the player to still use the two skills separately, they could potentially choose to put Capsule and Arrow Storm on their hotbar separately in addition to the connected skill, but that would (kind of) defeat the whole purpose of the Skill Connect in the first place. If you decided to make the separate skills unusable while they are connected, then the player would have to think carefully about stringing two skills together, as it could end up hampering their prowess rather than enhancing it.

Just for clarification: both skills would still play out their animation when stringed together! Also, in regards to Cool down time, the Connected skill would have the longest CD time out of the two skills, and both skills would need to be recharged before you could use the Connected Skill again. For reference, this would mean that in the example above, the Skill Connect would have 3.8 Seconds CD (which is my CD time on Arrow Storm), even though my Capsule only has a CD time of 1 sec.

Maybe this system would be redundant, but it was just a cool thought I had. :P

• Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

ANGEL.

Sincere Adventurer

• "ANGEL." is female

Date of registration: 10. July 2015

Tuesday, 14. February 2017, 14:45

Interesting idea..but if u play wizard and u have to string fire ball with ice ball u will end up with 300s on both skills.. :thumbdown:
What if u have these 2 skills trigged but u have to change the target in the middle of the fight? Or ur target is dead after 1st skill, or u r the one dead after 1st skill?
ull end up bugged and will loose few sec to fix it. Keep in mind string of 2 skills instead to press 2 different keys would kill the purpose of players ability - some ppl r faster so its fair if they r better in pvp than others who r slower, don't u agree?
With reg hit game atm is all about who would get lowest attack speed and target 1st - worse enough, if ur idea ever realize will be event worst.

The most painful goodbyes are the ones that are never said and never explained.
  • Activate Facebook

Crossy

Rising Star

• "Crossy" is male

Tuesday, 14. February 2017, 14:57

@ANGEL - True enough, I guess. It was just a random idea that popped into my head, so I figured I'd put it out there to see what other ppl thought about it. Vilya said that this system is too close to Macro-ing skills together, which apparently is not allowed in LC so it would probably never make it into the game anyway.

On the topic of stringing 2 skills together would kill the use of a player's abiltiy with the game, I disagree to a certain extent. Arguably, 100% CD was even worse in that regard, as ppl just had to hold down a single button and spam their strongest atk skill (I know that this wasn't exactly true for ALL classes, but it was how ppl played many of the offensive classes at the time).

As for some ppl being "faster" than others, I'd say that I both agree and disagree. I can imagine it playing a part in a fight, but personally my problem is more that my cursor seem to not target the other player when I click him (usually requires about 5 clicks before it does, 10 if he's moving around) and less that I'm too slow to react. Dunno if that's just me though, but that's how I perceive pvp.

• Activate Facebook

Xshadow.

Rising Star

• "Xshadow." is male

Date of registration: 10. August 2015

Tuesday, 14. February 2017, 21:51

Personally i think its a great idea, especially for Witch as example, it could be used for buffs setting two or maybe more buffs in the same chain so you wouldnt have to keep using one by one every time... it would also make more room in the hotbars letting u use them for other important skills or items... Lets say people could abuse of it, so could just make certain restrictions like only buffs connection with buffs, atack skills with atack skills, debuffs with debuffs... anyways its a great idea.

Xshadow 185 EX Ranger / Vexx 185 Witch / Poseidon 17x Elementalist / VexX 16x EX Sin / Rexxar 16x Elementalist
  • Activate Facebook

pruss

Rising Star

Date of registration: 19. July 2015

Wednesday, 15. February 2017, 09:48

Because I have no life and need a break from writing reports for my psychology class, I sat down and thought about what could be done to improve general gameplay in this unhealthy semi-addiction I have called Last Chaos and I thought of something interesting. Would it be beneficial to "string" more than 1 skill together so you could use them with the same key? I believe this have been done before, but I can't think of a game that has it at the top of my head and I probably wouldn't be allowed to mention them anyway so I'll go over it briefly.

:P

This ^^:love:

About the idea. Yes why not :) Of course just like angel wrote, it will not be beneficial for every skill or every class even, but hey! i am lazy and if i need to click less i am for it :thumbup:
  • Activate Facebook

Crossy

Rising Star

• "Crossy" is male

Wednesday, 15. February 2017, 12:57

@Brunoob - Witch is probably one of the classes that would benefit the most from it, since they have so many debuffs. For example, Burning Flame and Epidemic which does basically the same thing would be able to be keyed to a single hotbar key instead of taking up 2 of them. As for restrictions, I'd say limit the amount of connected skills you can have at a time.

@Pruss - I think most classes would at least be able to make use of the system effectively. Yes, it might be more effective for the classes that have a lot of skills and thus would benefit more from the open hotbar slots that this system would create, but all classes would at least be able to "abuse" it equally. Which is more than what can be said about the Elemental System at this point in time. 8o

@ANGEL - After thinking twice about it, I'm not so sure that the skill chain being interrupted would present that big of a problem. For example, let's say that I use a chained skill of Dark Smog and Hell's Fireball, but the target dies from the first skill. Then Hell's Fireball would simply not trigger, just as if you had attempted to use the skill on someone who was already dead. I don't remember what the game says when you try it, but I know it simply breaks off the skill usage.

Anyway, Vilya said that the idea was too much like macro-ing two skill to a single key on the keyboard, and thus it was a bad idea. Didn't even realise that when I wrote this down. ;(

• Activate Facebook