You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Last Chaos Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "DirtMerchant" started this thread

Date of registration: 23. December 2016

Thursday, 14. December 2017, 08:43

[Class]Temple Knight Skill "Taunt" Duration Buff

Should the Duration for "Taunt" be Increased?

A total of 15 Votes have been submitted.

60%

No. (9)

40%

Yes. (6)

With the ever growing popularity of the elemental System, players have discovered very useful jewel + skill combinations. The most common being the Ex - Ranger's "confusion capsule" (which has a fast cast time of < 1 second and lasts for 7 seconds) + Lv 2 Ice elemental jewel on a weapon. This allows a 2.4x damage increase to occur for 6 seconds (7 second duration - cast animation time).

* Similar combinations can be achieved with the Witch's "Decay" and the War Master's "Bellow" skills

Decay (changes the target's defense to Lv 1 Dark) + Lv 2 Light Attack on the weapon:
This skill has a 2 second cast time (without the haste buff), but lasts for 30 seconds. This allows the player to achieve a 3.0x damage multiplier and use this combo effectively for a whopping 28 seconds! Also keep in mind this powerful combo can be achieved very early at level 38 :thumbup:

Bellow (changes the target's defense to Lv 1 Dark) + Lv 2 Light Attack on the weapon:
I believe this skill has about a 2 second cast time and can hit multiple targets. It also lasts for 30 seconds. This allows the player to achieve a 3.0x damage multiplier use this combo effectively for 28 seconds. Also keep in mind this powerful combo can be achieved very early at level 38 :thumbup:

and now....... Enter the Temple knight........*sigh*

Taunt (changes target's defense to Lv 1 Dark) + Lv 2 Light Attack on the weapon:
This skill takes a painful 3.5 seconds to cast and only lasts for 5.25 seconds :cursing: .

This means the Temple Knight can only use this combo effectively for 2 seconds. Granted, this information is based off of the Lv 1 version of this skill which is accessible at 142. Which brings me to my next point: Temple knights have to WAIT until level 142 before they can use their elemental combo. Other classes can do this at level 85 or even 38 :wacko: . Even if I do compare apples to apples with the Lv 4 version of "Taunt," it still takes 3.5 seconds to cast a skill that lasts for only about 10 seconds.

Since the Temple knight needs to invest the most time in casting their combo skill and must wait until level 142 to unlock it, I suggest the duration for "Taunt" to change to the following:

level 1 (Character Level 142 ): 15 seconds.

level 2 (Character Level 148 ): 25 seconds.
level 3 (Character Level 154 ): 35 seconds. This will almost break even with the War Master's "Bellow" and Witches "Decay."

level 4 (Character Level 163): 45 seconds. This will be the longest lasting elemental defense change in the game, but will be very difficult to earn. Good things should come to those who wait :thumbup:

I am open to all forms of criticism on this issue. Hopefully this sheds a little light on the Temple Knight. It is one of the least played classes in the game and could use a little love :love:

Sincerely,

DirtMerchant

This post has been edited 8 times, last edit by "DirtMerchant" (14. December 2017, 17:18)

• Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

• "dfaltas22" is male

Date of registration: 30. August 2017

Thursday, 14. December 2017, 11:14

Watch this 13 second video just so you get an idea. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H07zYvkNYL8

• Activate Facebook

Crossy

Rising Star

• "Crossy" is male

Date of registration: 1. August 2015

Thursday, 14. December 2017, 15:58

Sorry to have to rain on your parade bro, but I'm gonna have to vote no on this one. Basically the only argument you presented was "other classes do this one thing better", which is a shaky argument at best. You're not looking at the class as a whole, you're focusing on a single aspect of it and how that one aspect compares to other classes. By that same argument, you could argue that all the Elemental Attack Debuff skills should have their duration increased to 30 secs, because that's how long Mana Break 2 lasts, or that they should increase the power of Warmaster's Damage Reflection so it reflects the same amount of damage as Templar Knight's Reflection Shield.

Even if you could've presented a more solid argument, I probably would've still voted against it. They need to even out the class balance, not increase the gap further.

• Activate Facebook

Thursday, 14. December 2017, 17:00

Sorry to have to rain on your parade bro, but I'm gonna have to vote no on this one. Basically the only argument you presented was "other classes do this one thing better", which is a shaky argument at best. You're not looking at the class as a whole, you're focusing on a single aspect of it and how that one aspect compares to other classes. By that same argument, you could argue that all the Elemental Attack Debuff skills should have their duration increased to 30 secs, because that's how long Mana Break 2 lasts, or that they should increase the power of Warmaster's Damage Reflection so it reflects the same amount of damage as Templar Knight's Reflection Shield.

Even if you could've presented a more solid argument, I probably would've still voted against it. They need to even out the class balance, not increase the gap further.
So.... what if every class had an elemental defense skill, and they all lasted the same amount of time? That would seem pretty balanced to me
:whistling:
  • Activate Facebook

Crossy

Rising Star

• "Crossy" is male

Thursday, 14. December 2017, 17:19

@Dirt - If that was the case, then what would be the point of having different classes?

• Activate Facebook

Thursday, 14. December 2017, 17:47

@Dirt - If that was the case, then what would be the point of having different classes?

For balanced diversity :P rouges are "different" but there is a reason why half of the people 180+ on horizon are rouges. . .
  • Activate Facebook

currykaran2

Rising Star

Date of registration: 14. July 2017

Thursday, 14. December 2017, 19:12

I kind of have to agree with @Dirt. TK are one of the higher requested classes because they do very well at sieges, but that's pretty much it. They used to completely useless before the elemental update, and with this, you're granted the ability to withstand damage, and dish out maybe 2-3 hits every 10-15 seconds. Which... when compared to most other classes, is useless when it comes to damage dealing.

Understandable that TK are meant to be more defensive than they are offensive, they should still be viable when it comes to dishing out damage considering their defense relies on evasion which in turn only hurts how much damage they can deal.

What @Dirt suggested is a small but effective way to deal with the balancing of TKs. (Moving forward, not backward)

• Activate Facebook

• "dfaltas22" is male

Date of registration: 30. August 2017

Friday, 15. December 2017, 01:10

Instead of focusing more the classes that dont need a change, and are perfectly fine...especially TKs, you are saying you want to make an OP class even more OP than it already is, we need to focus more on the classes that need certain buffs such as sorc/assassins and most definitely royal knights. When you do ever see freakin RKs in the game ? lol we need to bring balance to the force dude.

• Activate Facebook

Friday, 15. December 2017, 06:51

Instead of focusing more the classes that dont need a change, and are perfectly fine...especially TKs, you are saying you want to make an OP class even more OP than it already is, we need to focus more on the classes that need certain buffs such as sorc/assassins and most definitely royal knights. When you do ever see freakin RKs in the game ? lol we need to bring balance to the force dude.
I agree with you completely, there are many classes that kinda got messed up with the elemental system. The night shadow and Royal knight definitely got the short straws. However, don't you think it is a bit odd that the TK can only use his Taunt for 2 seconds? . . . at level 142.
  • Activate Facebook

Crossy

Rising Star

• "Crossy" is male

Friday, 15. December 2017, 09:04

I agree with you completely, there are many classes that kinda got messed up with the elemental system. The night shadow and Royal knight definitely got the short straws. However, don't you think it is a bit odd that the TK can only use his Taunt for 2 seconds? . . . at level 142.
As a matter of fact, I don't. What many players seem to forget when it comes to these skills, is that the skills weren't introduced as Elemental Debuffs, they were in fact introduced as regular skills of one kind or another, and that is still their main purpose. The Elemental debuff is just an add-on, a bonus that was added in afterwards.

Bellow and Decay were both debuffs to begin with. They have always lasted this long, and their original effects still apply. Storm Cloud and Confusion Capsule were both debuff skills that induced a Status Condition, again they were meant to last a while, because that's the whole point of a debuff. Taunt however was not. It was and still is a skill meant to draw and keep aggro from monsters while other members of a party deals damage (an act which would normally draw aggro away from the TK and onto the damage dealers). The skill wasn't designed to act as a debuff, it was designed to have an instant effect on a single target.

The reason that there are more rogues than anything else on both servers, is because it is the easiest class to play the game solo with, and it requires the least investment to be made effect. Classes like TK and Cleric, which are still two very viable options, aren't played as much because they require a lot more to be invested into them to be useful or strong, and also because the roles they play aren't really nescesary with the current combat balance. However, these classes are still a solid option. They can still fill the roles they were designed to fill, unlike many of the other classes. Highlanders, for example, are meant to be a high DPS class, yet once monsters and players start running Elemental Stage 2 or higher Defense, they can't even put a dent in them while Witches, Templar Knights and most prominently Ex-Rangers can completely destroy them. Instead of focusing on "improving" the classes that still work as intended, they should try to remedy the ones that were completely screwed over by the Elemental System, or try to rebalance the Elemental System as a whole.
  • Activate Facebook

unavailable

Rising Star

• "unavailable" is male

Date of registration: 14. January 2015

Friday, 15. December 2017, 10:09

Sadly.....and amazingly I have to agree with Crossing.

Taunt was not meant to be a debuff skill in the first place, it was just the most convenient skill for old devs to slap an elemental debuff on instead of putting in some work.

down the line....so many people play rogues (exrogues), imagine what will happen when gamigo introduces a class balance that will make their capsule useless or less effective? That's something I have a bag of popcorn waiting on in my drawyer just for the right moment xD

As it is now, taunt is fine as it is

• Activate Facebook

Crossy

Rising Star

• "Crossy" is male

Friday, 15. December 2017, 10:55

Sadly.....and amazingly I have to agree with Crossing.
Wow... Una actually agrees with Crossy on something? Soon hell will freeze over and pigs will fly! 8|
  • Activate Facebook

Friday, 15. December 2017, 11:12

Woah.... Una is still alive o.O I think we can agree that a lot of skills got.... "messed with" when the elemental system was created. I just wanted to point out the TK got the short straw. Part of me is wondering "Why did they even bother putting an elemental status on Taunt if you cant even use it." Perhaps an animation speed increase will make this skill more useful (without throwing things off too far). :whistling:

• Activate Facebook

Crossy

Rising Star

• "Crossy" is male

Friday, 15. December 2017, 11:18

Woah.... Una is still alive o.O I think we can agree that a lot of skills got.... "messed with" when the elemental system was created. I just wanted to point out the TK got the short straw. Part of me is wondering "Why did they even bother putting an elemental status on Taunt if you cant even use it."
TK did not get the short straw though. In fact, they were one of the classes that benefitted the most from it, as one of only 3 classes that can debuff both the Elemental Atk and Defense of their target... :whistling:
  • Activate Facebook