You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Last Chaos Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Dritix

• "Dritix" is male
  • "Dritix" started this thread

Date of registration: 1. May 2017

Tuesday, 10. July 2018, 03:47

Spicing up the rare drop table

Do you like this idea?

A total of 19 Votes have been submitted.

74%

Yes! i do! (14)

21%

No! i don't like this idea. (4)

-As you all know the game can get a bit grindy and frustrating after spending hours killing the same thing over and over, sometimes what keeps me sane and willing to kill more is the heaven stone drops and the rare "hand drops" but i feel like it's not enough and i'm sure plenty of other players agree with me, also the only accessories available for new players and mid level players are bad ones considered junk with bad stats.(examples-> >Magic ring, magical necklace, magical earring and blessed cord).
-So i was thinking about adding a new addition to the rare drop table the "Lost medallions of Ascadia" and the way they'd work is they would have different tiers for example every monster no matter the level would drop them, but the lower the monsters level the worst tier would have more chance to drop than a higher tier one compared to a high level monster.
-The way i was thinking of this new tier system would be
( BEFORE YOU SAY THE STATS ARE OP OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT KEEP IN MIND THESE ARE RARE DROPS, RARER THAN THE HAND OF THE WARRIOR DROP WHICH AS 0.06% CHANCE OF DROPPING ON ANY MONSTER)( See attachment 1 for proof)(YOU WILL ONLY BE ABLE TO USE 1 NO MATTER THE TIER)

->Tier 1 - Lost Medallion of Ascadia(tier 1) 100 physical and magical power +500 hp and 500 mana (would help new players who are lucky enough to get this at Sasquatches while farming and encourage them to get higher tiers)

-> Tier 2 - Lost Medallion of Ascadia (tier 2) 500 physical and magical power +1500 hp and 1500 mana

-> tier 3 - Lost Medallion of Ascadia (tier 3) 1500 physical and magical power + 2500 hp and 2500 mana + movement speed bonus (equivalent to a regular potion of haste)

-> tier 4 - Lost Medallion of Ascadia (tier 4) 3000 Physical and magical power + 5000 hp and 5000 mana + 2 attack speed bonus

-The chance of receiving the Medallion with the last tier would be 0.01% from monsters above level 100+ (no boosts including lucky scrolls, item drops boosters, etc.. will raise that chance)
-The tier 3 Medallion will only be dropped on monsters above lvl 60+ also with 0.01% chance ( no boosts including lucky scrolls, item drops boosters, etc.. will raise that chance)
-Tier 1 and tier 2 will have a slightly better chance of dropping and will drop from any monster at any level let's say.. 0.02% chance (no boosts including lucky scrolls, item drops boosters, etc.. will raise that chance)
-The point of these Medallions is to have an objective while farming besides the SP and it will feel rewarding for the player to have gotten one be cause they will be untradeable and very rare and unique. Feel free to balance (buff or nerf) this idea in the way you see it would be better! Thank you for reading!
:thumbsup:
Dritix has attached the following image:
  • 1.png
  • Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

VanZen

Rising Star

• "VanZen" is female
  • "VanZen" has been banned

Date of registration: 20. June 2018

Occupation: 3D Asset designer, Python & papyrus scripting, bip, rigging, weight painting and animation, textures including but limited to icons, fonts, (normals World space, tangent and object) spectacular, diffuse and alpha, shape keys, collision detection, map topology, path grid/ nav mesh, sprites, billboard animation, fx, shaders .etc ~ the list goes on

Tuesday, 10. July 2018, 04:47

yo!
i love it and i think i have a way to build on your original idea.
not only do the current drops suck the drop rate its self sucks! it seems like after lvl 120 the drops just go down the tubes (talking about equipment mostly) because if you do manage to drop what you want you can use goldies on 20 drops and not get the one you want.
anyways!

the tiers you mentioned, that is perfect!
what if....
what about a combo meter! bear with me here,

say you are out grinding k? the more you kill the faster your combo meter goes up and when it gets full it starts Tier 1.
keep grinding and it hits tier 2 then 3 then 4 but there is a catch.
:D

if you stop the meter starts dropping this would be perfect if you are trying to hunt a specific type of drop as per the aforementioned post!
the opportunity to mention this was too good to pass up on!
but i'm on level with you Dritix.

Yet another Gem idea from the OP :love:
EDIT Cuz im blonde

• Activate Facebook

unavailable

Rising Star

• "unavailable" is male

Date of registration: 14. January 2015

Tuesday, 10. July 2018, 10:05

Hm....Idk I kinda find your idea ….well...meh.....I mean its not great, its not bad but.....wouldn't it just be simplier if they reworked the current accessory system?
Like for example:

You can get garbage accessories, but you can also get "clean" accessories.
Clean accessories being accessories with only 1 stat and free 4 slots.

How about they build a system that would allow you to add/ upgrade seals on those clean accessories depending on the accessories you add as offering.
for example:

you have a clean Hit Rate 18 accessory.
If you offer 3 other accessories with hitrate you can increase that 18 to 36 or add a new 18 hit rate. you can continue doing so until max say HitRate 93.
Ofc there would be limitations like 1 cooldown seal per accessory and only the common seals. But would work better than the randomized drops from monsters and adding new items to the already existing thousands.

• Activate Facebook

Dritix

• "Dritix" is male

Tuesday, 10. July 2018, 14:01

Answer to your idea

Hm....Idk I kinda find your idea ….well...meh.....I mean its not great, its not bad but.....wouldn't it just be simplier if they reworked the current accessory system?
Like for example:

You can get garbage accessories, but you can also get "clean" accessories.
Clean accessories being accessories with only 1 stat and free 4 slots.

How about they build a system that would allow you to add/ upgrade seals on those clean accessories depending on the accessories you add as offering.
for example:

you have a clean Hit Rate 18 accessory.
If you offer 3 other accessories with hitrate you can increase that 18 to 36 or add a new 18 hit rate. you can continue doing so until max say HitRate 93.
Ofc there would be limitations like 1 cooldown seal per accessory and only the common seals. But would work better than the randomized drops from monsters and adding new items to the already existing thousands.
That's not a bad idea either but i don't think it would be too helpful for beginners be cause the game barely explains anything and the new players wouldn't know what to do with the junk accessories, so i was thinking why not remove the junk accessories no one uses? i mean their stats are meaningless and don't help you at all, or buff them instead of removing? The current system we have to put 3 accessories together and make a new better one is flawed , most of the times it gives you a even worse accessory at least in my experience.. :)
  • Activate Facebook

The1AndOnly

Rising Star

• "The1AndOnly" is male

Date of registration: 6. July 2016

Occupation: industri cnc setup's and programming mastercam cadcam cimco

Wednesday, 8. August 2018, 05:24

i do like the idea tho the drop rate is far to good. 0.01% chance thats 1/10.000
so yea i do grind quite a bit and like to still do so but. im bored. i like this idea but to optain this would be far to easy.
id say make last tier 1/50.000.000 drop rate. it has to be rare. it has to be unique. and special.

tier 3 1/20.000.000 idk why 600m ? well why not its just a number still rare and unique right ?
dont make haste option keep it attackspeed but +1

tier 2 1/1.000.000 little number. not so special.

tier 1 1/300.000 tiny number doesnt really mean much to have this.
these acc shoulden be posible to jewel however reforming should be ok.
they shouldent be trade able. but! it should be posible to store it in bianca only. so u can get it on what ever toon u wish.
guild store aswell if u would like to put it there so others can steal it!

• Activate Facebook

Dritix

• "Dritix" is male

Wednesday, 8. August 2018, 16:17

You're right!

i do like the idea tho the drop rate is far to good. 0.01% chance thats 1/10.000
so yea i do grind quite a bit and like to still do so but. im bored. i like this idea but to optain this would be far to easy.
id say make last tier 1/50.000.000 drop rate. it has to be rare. it has to be unique. and special.

tier 3 1/20.000.000 idk why 600m ? well why not its just a number still rare and unique right ?
dont make haste option keep it attackspeed but +1

tier 2 1/1.000.000 little number. not so special.

tier 1 1/300.000 tiny number doesnt really mean much to have this.
these acc shoulden be posible to jewel however reforming should be ok.
they shouldent be trade able. but! it should be posible to store it in bianca only. so u can get it on what ever toon u wish.
guild store aswell if u would like to put it there so others can steal it!
You're right! it has to be more rare or else it will be too easy to obtain! and i agree with you on allowing them to be stored! :thumbsup:
  • Activate Facebook

PRIMEX

Rising Star

Date of registration: 20. July 2015

Wednesday, 8. August 2018, 16:42

I was going to do a rare drop suggestion upgrade too.

Considering the volume of players have decreased so drastically, I think rare drop values should be changed accordingly. In 2012 when you had 100 people finding and hunting ramslo for 173 weapons, there was a good amount of those weapons to be found on the market. Fast forward to 2018 and these drops become next to impossible to get especially when you are alone in the search for it.

Ramslo Weapon Box
165 drops Dark Altar
160 drops for Mp con gears
93x3+60 From MC (Lord knows I've tried with this one)

i know there a are other of which isnt coming to mind now but you get the picture.

• Activate Facebook