You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Last Chaos Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "fredswansea" started this thread

Date of registration: 12. October 2018

Friday, 12. October 2018, 13:49

Character Detail & Resolution Problem

Hi all!

I maxed out all graphic settings except the "Character Detail" one, it's stuck to the middle, doesn't move to max. Also there's no 1366x768 resolution. (Probably it's because of being an old game but it shouldn't be so hard to add higher resolutions with an update or force it to run at higher somehow) Still, my very first problem is that locked character detail setting. Anyway to solve that problem?

Laptop specs: Dual-core 2.4GHz i3 CPU, 2GB (DX12) GPU, 4GB RAM, Windows 10 Pro 64bit (up-to-date Redstone 5, all drivers are up-to-date)

Thank you in advance!~

• Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

Mendek

Rising Star

• "Mendek" is male

Date of registration: 14. October 2016

Friday, 12. October 2018, 14:32

"Character detail" has a fixed value hence it can't be changed.
The game runs in various screen resolutions and aspect ratios starting at 800x600 up to 1920x1080. If you've got limited resolution options in both launcher and in-game settings some game files may be corrupted and you should try reinstalling.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Mendek" (19. October 2018, 13:00)

• Activate Facebook

Friday, 12. October 2018, 15:01

Why though... Anyway, alright if we cannot change it, thank you.

About resolution, I have downloaded the game last month. But I have no 1366x768p nor 1920x1080p option. Also tested game on my gaming laptop, same issue. And same problem for my friend's gaming PC. Problem is not limited to only me and only one PC in this case... Clean reinstall didn't work either unfortunately, doesn't add any resolution higher than 1024x768.

Both of these problems were present when I was playing this game years ago, in 2007. Wish those got fixed by now

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "fredswansea" (12. October 2018, 15:21)

• Activate Facebook

Vilya

Community Manager (en)

• "Vilya" is female

Date of registration: 3. September 2014

Friday, 12. October 2018, 16:07

It depends on the resolutions allowed by your monitor. My gaming laptop shows a much higher resolution available than my standard PC. Make sure your video card drivers and monitor drivers are up to date.

Vilya
Community Manager EN/PL
Homepage | Support|
Facebook | Discord Chat
  • Activate Facebook

Thursday, 18. October 2018, 22:59

My laptop's screen is already 1366x768 by default. And I could play Aion on max settings + 1366x768p. All of my drivers and OS are fully up to date, I have no problems with other games. Above, you can see the resolution limit; I just want to play the game on 1366x768p and full screen, thank you
  • Activate Facebook

Mendek

Rising Star

• "Mendek" is male

Date of registration: 14. October 2016

Friday, 19. October 2018, 12:59

I don't see both 1360x768 and 1366x768 in the settings although my monitor allows them. It seem LC just don't support those 2 which would be kinda weird since they used to be popular screen resolutions on both laptops and desktops.

• Activate Facebook

Friday, 19. October 2018, 23:23

That's a pity...

• Activate Facebook