You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Last Chaos Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Dreman23

• "Dreman23" is male
  • "Dreman23" started this thread

Date of registration: 6. April 2016

Tuesday, 21. May 2019, 15:53

HS Upgrade Event

I have seen the HS Success Rate Chart & my question is, during the event in which the success is raised 50-100%. Does this mean for example, a Grade 5 HS would get me to +21 with 100% success if it were a 50% & like +27 with 100% cap raise? This is kind of confusing, sorry if its a dumb question.
  • Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

Nostramadus

Rising Star

Date of registration: 5. May 2018

Tuesday, 21. May 2019, 19:38

The succesrate was just *1,5
=> 50% => 75%

if its 100% the HS just works save +1 no chance of +0, -1 or destroyed. If you want +2/+3 you would still need to apply a platinum protection rune

• Activate Facebook

Dreman23

• "Dreman23" is male

Wednesday, 22. May 2019, 14:55

I wasn't talking about it being upgraded more than +1 at a time I'm talking about the success rate, for example, regularly an HS would get to +3 100% but drops to 75% for +4, & 50% for +5. So during the event will that 75% actually be raised to 100% & will that 50% be raised higher as well?
  • Activate Facebook

Vilya

Community Manager (en)

• "Vilya" is female

Date of registration: 3. September 2014

Wednesday, 22. May 2019, 15:10

When there is an upgrade event, it raises the chance of success overall upgrading items by that amount (i.e. upgrade 200% = 100% base + 100% increase). The chances for no change, decrease, and break remain the same.

Vilya
Community Manager EN/PL
Homepage | Support|
Facebook | Discord Chat
  • Activate Facebook

ANGEL.

Sincere Adventurer

• "ANGEL." is female

Date of registration: 10. July 2015

Wednesday, 22. May 2019, 15:25

When there is an upgrade event, it raises the chance of success overall upgrading items by that amount (i.e. upgrade 200% = 100% base + 100% increase). The chances for no change, decrease, and break remain the same.

This made me totally lost...

Let's say we have a 200% upgrade event running on and the base success rate of the Hs is 50% ... because of the event means the HS will have 100% success. Is it possible the chance of decrease, no chance or break remains 50% as from the original HS rate or they will be 0% because 100% means safe +1?
Does it means even if it says you have 100% success because of the event it still can break, decrease or give u no change ????

The most painful goodbyes are the ones that are never said and never explained.
  • Activate Facebook

Caugsmire

Rising Star

• "Caugsmire" is male

Date of registration: 14. July 2015

Wednesday, 22. May 2019, 15:51

Does the box showing the probability of success accurately reflect that probability during an upgrade event? If so, then if the box shows 100% success, the chance of fail and break would necessarily be 0%; if not, then you cannot trust the figures displayed...
On a personal note, when the last upgrade event was on, every "100%" upgrade I carried out with lvl 1 and lvl 2 hs was successful - about 30 in all...

• Activate Facebook

Date of registration: 31. January 2018

Wednesday, 22. May 2019, 16:54

On a personal note, when the last upgrade event was on, every "100%" upgrade I carried out with lvl 1 and lvl 2 hs was successful - about 30 in all...

Similar here. During most recent 150% event, I applied a number of grade 6, 7, and 8 HS, and when box said 100% all were successful. And when box said 98% success, I used ROPs and got lucky no decrease. Anything lower I didn't want to take risk (breaking a +24 piece fully jeweled would be sickening).
  • Activate Facebook

unavailable

Rising Star

• "unavailable" is male

Date of registration: 14. January 2015

Wednesday, 22. May 2019, 17:56

Upgrade events work like they always did....so for example:

If you have a HS with 65% success chance, it means it has 35% fail chance (fail being no change, -1, break)
When there is a 200% upgrade event it increases the success rate, so during the event the HS will have 130% success chance, but the fail chance of 35% stays the same.
Essentially the 130% success will outweigh the fail chance but its still there.

• Activate Facebook

Dreman23

• "Dreman23" is male

Wednesday, 22. May 2019, 20:02

If you have a HS with 65% success chance, it means it has 35% fail chance (fail being no change, -1, break)
When there is a 200% upgrade event it increases the success rate, so during the event the HS will have 130% success chance, but the fail chance of 35% stays the same.
Ahhhhh ok .. thats excatly what i needed to know. that sucks that the chance is still there tho
  • Activate Facebook

Caugsmire

Rising Star

• "Caugsmire" is male

Date of registration: 14. July 2015

Wednesday, 22. May 2019, 20:53

Well if that is correct, ie 65-35 becomes 130-35 then it implies the "% success" box displayed when you upgrade is incorrect, as it is displaying the actual % (ie 100% from lvl 1 to 2)….

Personally, until proven otherwise, my experience suggests the % success box is accurate and therefore 100% means no fails / breaks...
  • Activate Facebook

Vilya

Community Manager (en)

• "Vilya" is female

Date of registration: 3. September 2014

Thursday, 23. May 2019, 00:46

This made me totally lost...
Base is the base of chance without using any multipliers. Base is always at 100% (so if it shows you chance of 25% then this is 100% of your base for that item). If we have an upgrade event of 150%, then it is base + 50%, so it would increase your chance to 62.5% for the same heaven stone, 200% event would increase the chance to 75%.

This does not negate the chance of failure, no change or breakage. Those values remain the same chance.
Vilya
Community Manager EN/PL
Homepage | Support|
Facebook | Discord Chat
  • Activate Facebook