You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Last Chaos Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Geoffinho" started this thread

Date of registration: 23. April 2016

Wednesday, 18. November 2020, 05:09

Potential Fallout

Just wondering if you folks at Gamigo considered how much real life money you will be losing after next week. People who previously bought iris cash are going to stop and the ones who were buying extra to sell for profit will probably be leaving the community. I certainly hope the new future lack of job security is worth this new change that there are literally so many other alternatives for. Like Horizon wasn’t inactive enough before this... Anyway, I digress.

Just my two cents.

• Go to the top of the page
  • Activate Facebook

SilentArrow

Rising Star

Date of registration: 31. January 2018

Wednesday, 18. November 2020, 06:08

Actually for Horizon two cents / 150. For me, three years of grinding (they couldn't recover my account from 2007), so many TOF runs, so many drop hunts to get items for re-sell, way too much IC purchased over that time, and never once considered as a "paying customer". Week after week no bug fixes, constant DC/ErrorLog/Kicked, and now toon wealth going to be ripped away (as if I somehow bought gold or exploited) and given to other characters that too lazy to farm gold on their own, and for Gamigo taking way too long to rectify whatever THEIR code which allowed whatever exploits.

When I read that forum news this morning, dictated by developers as "only option" when there was no discussion with community, I will AFK this week and see how bad things turn next week. Given track record, I am far from optimistic. And there are indeed many options, the most likely is time to say goodbye to community friends and move on. Was a strange run...

• Activate Facebook

Date of registration: 15. July 2015

Wednesday, 18. November 2020, 08:09

I do not think they are worried about money , or about a loss of it because there is no illegal gold n the game .
they are doing it for fairness , no more controlling the auction house because you have that much gold .
no more walking on our newbies with your gold . you are going to have to work extra hard now , just like a real player . got what it takes ?
I doubt it . good luck . ( they wont last 5 minutes ) have a nice day .

• Activate Facebook

Date of registration: 5. August 2019

Wednesday, 18. November 2020, 10:27

Hi. I think is the best way to fix the game and all the over priceing items from the game.
I think i was the only one trying to sell things cheap and because all the old members that they were been rich and follow my shop to buy everything from it, all the newbie players coudn't reach it. So they push me up to sell expensive as they do. Or at least close so they couldn't make much profit and would give no interes for them to buy it. It was the only way to sell for others cheaper. Even if wasn't that much. No much time to grind items...
Like i said before and i will say it again. Rich members in a game was exploit all the new ones. Not giveing them a chance to grow.
Overprice everything. I think this will be a best start for everyone. Is not a big deal. We all still have the Gear to fight and grind for future gold.
Or more investments in ic which clearly you will not need it if youre maxed for a while maybe if you play siege as i do. Just enjoy the fun and the new start mate.
Take a deep breath and think about it again.
Couldn't expect everything better then this on this game. Gratz Gamingo. Next time do the lvl cap too and everyone will be much more happy!!!
  • Activate Facebook

Date of registration: 1. August 2015

Wednesday, 18. November 2020, 14:00

How they now rework the NPC shops to make gold actually worth anything anymore is probably what determines how many people will leave after this. Since IC dictates the value of gold (sadly) it would probably be a good idea to combat this by making NPC shops actually sell something useful so that the people selling IC items would not deflate the gold value. I play mostly on Horizon and as the demand for items there far exceeds the supply it is way too easy to devalue gold again.

Sad how this all feels like the people who actually put in the effort will be punished and those who have meddled with the mentioned 'exploits' already have the items they need and should not be affected.

Obviously there are many more issues with the game that have to be fixed to keep players around and give new players a reason to join but it doesn't feel like talking to a brick wall here will help so :) Just wanted to say that I feel bad for those who have worked hard and will now be negatively affected

- Wolf

• Activate Facebook

SilentArrow

Rising Star

Date of registration: 31. January 2018

Wednesday, 18. November 2020, 17:06

they are doing it for fairness , no more controlling the auction house because you have that much gold .
no more walking on our newbies with your gold . you are going to have to work extra hard now , just like a real player . got what it takes ?
I doubt it . good luck . ( they wont last 5 minutes ) have a nice day .

Fairness? Have to be freaking kidding me. So lazy azz players who don't want to put in any time should be handed free billions, while players that have gamed for years, ran many TOFs, ran many drop hunts to get items to sell, etc should have that stripped away? Maybe I should be like a "real player", no longer give anything away and just whine in world chat "I don't have gold to reset tomb" when a single fast TOF run can farm that in minutes. But, but, then I might actually have to work for it.

Got what it takes? I put in my time, accumulated by farm/sell. Too many lazy players now days that want things handed too them. Yes, I will have a nice day, when your undeserved gold is spent, hope Gamigo feels need to keep giving you handouts...
  • Activate Facebook

unavailable

Rising Star

• "unavailable" is male

Date of registration: 14. January 2015

Wednesday, 18. November 2020, 17:34

Fairness? Have to be freaking kidding me. So lazy azz players who don't want to put in any time should be handed free billions, while players that have gamed for years, ran many TOFs, ran many drop hunts to get items to sell, etc should have that stripped away? Maybe I should be like a "real player", no longer give anything away and just whine in world chat "I don't have gold to reset tomb" when a single fast TOF run can farm that in minutes. But, but, then I might actually have to work for it.

This has nothing to do whether someone is lazy or not. Whether you like it or not, everyone was involved with the duped gold, as it circled around the entire server, so to reduce the gold server wide is the most fair they could have done imo.
you seem to completely miss that prices on items will have adjust after this as no one will be buying any items fur high gold amounts. And considering everyone went like crazy on a buy spree, everyone will undercut each other and items will be even cheaper else they wont be able to sell anything. In the end i think this is a very good thing and like Vilya said in discord this is just the first step and there will be other changes that will come after. So don't be overly dramatic as you have no idea how it will all play out and how it will be after next patch. My advice to you is wait and see and then make a judgement.
And before you start, i will be losing A LOT of gold, and i mean A LOT. But if it in the end makes everything better overall i don't really mind getting it reduced.
  • Activate Facebook

Panget44

Date of registration: 1. September 2019

Wednesday, 18. November 2020, 17:44

I guess if you're a new player you can call it fair but if you're a long time player (from aeria) like me, it is not. I grind, spend real money, upgrade my stuff, sell my updated stuff, bought level 15 promo jewel and sold a couple of extra jewel and made a good amount of gold that way only to be taken away because "its the only way" they say. I guess it doesn't matter to me at this point now that lately I've been thinking of quiting same old lack of new content game w/ the same dc problem all the time. I it happens, then that may be the "final nail in the coffin" for me.

• Activate Facebook

Remnant

Rising Star

Wednesday, 18. November 2020, 18:28

I'm more upset over the fact that after playing for 10 years, the loyalty to this game I've shown is thrown back in my face. Why do the developers and the product team make these decisions WITHOUT coming down from their caves and speaking to their PLAYER BASE first? Why do they just throw these changes on us and expect us to be okay with it? Why was our loyalty system taken away? Will veteran players be compensated for losing billions of gold LEGALLY earned over the years? This is just a bandaid over the real issue. Unfortunately I don't see many long time players staying after this, and it's disheartening. Players who are indifferent and compliant and basically suck ups to this way of running the company don't help matters either.

• Activate Facebook

unavailable

Rising Star

• "unavailable" is male

Wednesday, 18. November 2020, 18:46

Why do the developers and the product team make these decisions WITHOUT coming down from their caves and speaking to their PLAYER BASE first? Why do they just throw these changes on us and expect us to be okay with it?

Isn't it obvious? For one I more 100% sure that if this topic was brought up, all players would start buying items, and working on ways to show they have as little gold as possible they would probably just like now buy all the items out and raise prices to astronomical values.
Second, say they did ask the players, and then what? all they would get is 10 different answers / ideas and ultimately they would decide anyway to do the same.
I think its good they did not announce this much earlier, cause then this would have no effect if everyone would just be stacked full with NPC items they could sell back afterwards.
  • Activate Facebook

Date of registration: 16. July 2015

Wednesday, 18. November 2020, 20:19

One of the reason also we got gold around coz of the raise of IM prices... ofc players want to get their money worth this past months or a year most of the items we love or use often has gotten quite expensive. For players who spent real money on the game just to taken out abit overboard and for players who makes gold from drop hunting during event completely unfair. They dont even give us players who gonna lose alot of gold any alternative :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown: So if a new player join this game and ask how to make gold on a game just say buy IC since Drop hunting is TOTALLY WORTHLESS..

[EmpressMesh185/ BlackWidow185/ TinkerBelle185/ Equalizer185
BoundByBlood - LC USA
:love:
  • Activate Facebook

unavailable

Rising Star

• "unavailable" is male

Wednesday, 18. November 2020, 20:39

They dont even give us players who gonna lose alot of gold any alternative So if a new player join this game and ask how to make gold on a game just say buy IC since Drop hunting is TOTALLY WORTHLESS..

After the reduction , earning gold from drops and selling them will actually be worth much more than it is now. So new players will actually be able to afford things by farming gold and not spending much ic, once the economy settles in.
  • Activate Facebook

Date of registration: 16. July 2015

Wednesday, 18. November 2020, 20:50

They dont even give us players who gonna lose alot of gold any alternative So if a new player join this game and ask how to make gold on a game just say buy IC since Drop hunting is TOTALLY WORTHLESS..

After the reduction , earning gold from drops and selling them will actually be worth much more than it is now. So new players will actually be able to afford things by farming gold and not spending much ic, once the economy settles in.

That IF the LC Economy settle in
Of all the idea they can think bout they have to messed up players hard earn gold
They could fix some other problem but hey lets do the gold rebalancing coz its best we can come up with (sarcasm) since the bugs and glitches are just not worth fixing right now.
NOT EVEN A SINGLE ALTERNATIVE for PLAYERS WHO GONNA LOSE GOLD!!!!!!!!!! :cursing::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:
[EmpressMesh185/ BlackWidow185/ TinkerBelle185/ Equalizer185
BoundByBlood - LC USA
:love:
  • Activate Facebook

currykaran2

Rising Star

Date of registration: 14. July 2017

Wednesday, 18. November 2020, 21:34

Why do the developers and the product team make these decisions WITHOUT coming down from their caves and speaking to their PLAYER BASE first? Why do they just throw these changes on us and expect us to be okay with it?

Isn't it obvious? For one I more 100% sure that if this topic was brought up, all players would start buying items, and working on ways to show they have as little gold as possible they would probably just like now buy all the items out and raise prices to astronomical values.
Second, say they did ask the players, and then what? all they would get is 10 different answers / ideas and ultimately they would decide anyway to do the same.
I think its good they did not announce this much earlier, cause then this would have no effect if everyone would just be stacked full with NPC items they could sell back afterwards.
Regarding your comment about "Not taking player's opinion into consideration" is the worst thing I've heard. Last I checked, the most successful games are LITERALLY, and I meant LITERALLYYYYYY built upon player guidance. So for anyone to think that player opinion doesn't result in a more successful game simply isn't looking at the right charts.

So sure, I agree that telling players their gold was going away might be a bad idea, but taking player guidance into what steps should be taken to fix such issues is a legitimate response.

Forum and discord activity is minimal compared to the actual player base of the game, so for anyone to think that making such drastic changes and only allowing a certain set of players to be able to determine their own future on the game is a good idea, you must be joking.
  • Activate Facebook

Date of registration: 13. June 2020

Thursday, 19. November 2020, 02:15

This is just a game and it is not real money. Let's try to keep having fun. Those with more will still have more. I understand we invest a lot into game, but it is still just a game and we need to keep that into perspective. I agree to taking measures to keep things more fair and to attract new players. We really need new players. I can hardly even find a party these days. I also played a long time ago and tried in vain to recover one of my accounts, so just started over. And it is still fun.

• Activate Facebook

Date of registration: 18. March 2020

Thursday, 19. November 2020, 04:28

Long-standing players vs. Newbies

I can understand the gripes from people who have been playing this game for a long time, and seeing what they consider arbitrary depletion of the proceeds of their hard earned efforts. No-one likes that sort of thing happening, just as no-one likes taxes! If Gamigo had announced that at the end of each year you had to pay a tax bill based on your total earnings (not profits!) for that year on a sliding scale, they would complain about that too.

What I do take issue with is when long standing players bemoan the fact that they have paid in so much to purchase IC, as if they alone contribute to Gamigo's profit line, and therefore they deserve preferential treatment.

I only started playing this game in February this year, and in running my toons, have purchased an awful lot of IC (over $20,000US) to purchase IM goods, not only for my own toons, but also for friends I have made in the game who for one reason or another are not able to obtain IM goods. Some people would consider this extreme, but I can afford it, so I do it.

I have seen other players applying exorbitant rates of exchange between Gold and IC from 1,000,000 to 1 all the way up to 1,000,000,000 to 1 on some 'luxury' items! I do not try to 'milk' my friends in such a way, applying only what I consider a reasonable conversion rate of what I would consider fair if I were the one buying items using game gold. Every player would acknowledge if they were honest with themselves, that any funds paid into the game to purchase IC is done for their own ultimate enjoyment in the game.

I became aware very quickly on joining the game that there were 'commercial' enterprises exploiting the game, so called 'gold purchasing' operations. From what I understood of these operations, they were not inserting 'illegal' gold into the economy as many have claimed, rather acting as agents between the LC game oligarchs and poor players trying to circumvent the normal gold farming protocols to get a foothold in the game. Ultimately a proportion of that trade went back to the players who were involved in the form of 'real' funds.

While this was against game rules, it was a lucrative operation for those on the supply side, but went totally against the whole idea of the game.

Yes we all have a giggle when Gamigo represents the game as 'Free to Play'... and of course as a commercial enterprise, not an altruistic NFP, we all accept that Gamigo does make money out of the Item Mall. How else would they afford to run their organisation, provide and supply access to the servers on which their games run, pay administrative and development staff to maintain the games, etc?

All Gamigo have done, to my mind, in this 'Gold Levelling' algorithm is to correct a wild disparity between the New Players and the George Soros's of Last Chaos, which has caused the game to become unattractive to newbies and those who do not have the ability to compete in THIS GAME due to the over-inflation of the Last Chaos economy.

Most of the people I have heard in the forums and the game saying that Last Chaos is dying are the very people who have contributed to the problem of not keeping the game inclusive in the first place!

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "BensonCarter" (19. November 2020, 04:38)

• Activate Facebook

Date of registration: 15. July 2015

Thursday, 19. November 2020, 07:57

you sure talk a lot for someone with three posts bensoncarter , your first post had to be edited because you seemed to advertise for a gold site .
all duped gold in online games is illegal . anyone doing it is immoral . someday we will have laws in place that allow us to drill holes in ALL of their hard drives seize their assets and incarcerate them . unlike china we do not force prisoners to dupe gold in online games for money . all real world money transactions in online games is illegal .
someday had better come soon . see that building in china ? i do . and I intend to blame all of the worlds problems on it , demonize it and kill it .

oh I got off subject a little lol .. what have you done to kill the dupers lately ? :)

• Activate Facebook

Date of registration: 18. March 2020

Thursday, 19. November 2020, 12:34

you sure talk a lot for someone with three posts bensoncarter
Could be that, unlike some, I am actually playing the game rather than constantly moaning about it!

Oh and by the way. for the purposes of balance, that other message you referred to was edited to remove the URL of a site I was complaining about for the annoying spam-bots that were ruining open chat. But I wouldn't expect you to let context cloud a good invective!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "BensonCarter" (19. November 2020, 12:42)

• Activate Facebook

currykaran2

Rising Star

Date of registration: 14. July 2017

Thursday, 19. November 2020, 21:22

All Gamigo have done, to my mind, in this 'Gold Levelling' algorithm is to correct a wild disparity between the New Players and the George Soros's of Last Chaos, which has caused the game to become unattractive to newbies and those who do not have the ability to compete in THIS GAME due to the over-inflation of the Last Chaos economy.

What's unattractive to players coming back is seeing the same exact game they played 5 years ago.
What's unattractive to new players is coming back to experience a crash every 4 minutes.
What's unattractive to new players is coming back to ask why everyone is telling them to make an ex-rogue because all other classes are useless.
What's unattractive to new players is the game doing everything in their power to ignore player suggestions/complaints.
What's unattractive to new players playing a game that uses more resources than a triple A title game while providing little to no comparative experience.

And please don't say "Then don't play the game" lol... that argument is very stupid and anyone using it is making themselves look like a monkey.

There are complaints and suggestions made 4/5 years ago with overwhelming support that have simply been ignored.
Is that not what's unattractive?

The game has very minimal legitimate rich players. And now those players are going to be punished. As much as I hate SwordArt and his merchanting tactics, before all of these gold buyers, his gold was made by scraping together all newbie player's gold that they earned farming at ToF or Tomb or w/e. So now he's going to have practically all of his gold taken away?

Trying to make smart decisions to make your players happy is not something LC is known to do. A published game making decisions as drastic as these as their first choice only shows immaturity. This is not the first game to deal with "ill-gotten" gold lol... This is considered very mild compared to other major games that have dealt with similar issues. And those games (I will not name them as I will likely get banned for even mentioning another game, you're welcome to google) have made decisions to counter the issues and still manage to keep the player base happy and/or even cater to the player's needs at the same time.

The management team themselves have made very clear that they do not take player advice/suggestions/criticism into consideration due to "bias". You're welcome to check several suggestions and criticism posts made to get that same understanding. This statement is also repeated whenever player intervention is mentioned. It is also the most stupid statement ever made due to the simple fact that the top 5 games in the world are all highly based around player made/suggested content.
  • Activate Facebook

Remnant

Rising Star

Friday, 20. November 2020, 00:05

I agree with Karan

Why are we suddenly worried about the game gold rather than the constant error logs when scrolling over accessories?

Why are we suddenly worried about the game gold rather than the random server kicks while grinding, causing us to waste time and pots?

Why are we suddenly worried about the game gold rather than the fact this so called "update" being worked on is only 5 more levels; in a recolored, 185 level Tomb, with lvl 25 regular jewels, and lvl 3 elemental jewels that can only be used in new armor, with worse stats than 173 gear, and is recolored 165 gear? Do the developers not see how unbalanced pvp is already between classes, and how this update, if not polished, will further that imbalance?

What's going to stop players from buying gold from these gold spammers, who mind you, are STILL present in the game.
What's going to stop the few people who buy from these spammers, and wreck the economy again?

• Activate Facebook